Winning Eleven 8 / Pro Evolution Soccer 4 (4 Viewers)

ADP Timers

Feb 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ZAF3000 ] ++
Currently my usual line up is:

--------------------------Buffon
Ferrara--------Thuram------Cannvaro-------Zambrotta
-----------------Blasi
-----------------------------Tacchinardi
----Camoranesi
---------------------------------------Nedved
-------------------------------------------------Del Piero
--------------------Zlatan

I am using the turn-over:
Trezeguet and Zalayata have been used, but Del Piero and Zlatan played more. Sometimes I have used Mutu on the sides.
Blasi, tacchinardi, Appiah and Emerson are taking turns too. Trying to use Appiah and Blasi as much as I can to give them experience. But tacchinardi is just too good to be left behind.
Ferrara is being used because its his last season, but Zebina played there too.
Zambrotta is the main, when he's tired Pessotto fills in.
Buffon and Cannavaro have never been replaced, Thuram has been replaced a couple of matches with Montero.
Currently Zalayata is Injured, looks like he will miss the final.
THe league top scorer is Del Piero.
haha, good stuff. all the stock guys ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
whats with these "reborn" retired players? theres like a load of 17 year olds with almost maxed out stats ?

Buffonisgod

7-1-3 where you at?
Apr 12, 2004
After 1.5 years, my lineup in ML:

------------------------------------------Buffon

---------------------Cannavaro------------------------Thuram

----Zambrotta---------------------------------------------------Jankulovski

------------------------------------ Blasi/Tacchinardi

Mancini------------------------------Totti--------------------------- Nedved

---------------------------Trez-----------------------Gilardino

I like having 2 target strikers because most of my offense is created on the flanks, and I like to cross it in to guys who can head the ball well. It's too hard to dribble with forwards, since they are always outnumbered.

Blind

May 8, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
Dammit it is so difficult to get the good players in ML:(
That is why I buy young players, ages 17-21, and train them during the off season.
It is a pain in the ass, but it is so worth.
You buy young players for 200-400 points, beef them up till they are 25-27, then sell them and make a killer profit.
LOl that is how I run my team.
I just started a new season with Juve and this is my starting line up:
(Oh yeah 5 more games left and then the season is over)

-------------------------------------Buffon-------------------------------------------
-----------------------Thuram------------------Cannavaro
Zambrotta-----------------------------------------------------------Ceasar
---------------------------Essien
------------------------------------------------Emerson
Camoranesi
----------------------------------------------------------------------Nedved
---------------------------Mutu
---------------------------------------------------Ibrahimovic
Essien is just an amazing player in this game. He covers my midfield like no one I have ever used before. And he is only 20 years old at this moment. I canlt wait till I get to start to train him. He is going to be a D-monster.
Kapo is also great. Using him on the flanks is great. His passing is superb. Will train him also.
Blasi is good too, with more training he will be a good cm.
Mutu and Ibrahimovic are a deadly combo. Mutu is 20 in this game (donlt know why though) and he and Ibra just gain experience points like that.
During the off period I most likely will get Kompany (Kolitari), and Clichy.
I will add Cesc and Song to the team.
Hopefully I can get an older striker in and trade Zalayeta, or i beef him up as well.
My current sqaud is made out of only 20 players. I sold a few.
I will add only young players, and maybe Nakata.
I hate spending lots of points on players, where I could get a young one and train him like a madman. Requires time and patience, but it is worth and a great alternative on spending big points on 1-2 good players.
Oh yeah Muntari from Udinese is great too. He can play any position in the midfield, and is only 19 right now. cost only around 450pts, so also a great addition to my team.
Like I said my secret of having a good balance on money (points) is to buy young players, beef them up and at the age of 25-27 sell them and make a good profit.
Always balance young players with enough older players, so while older players are kept on reserve (they tend to decrese in skills, and you wonlt feel bad benching them) and let the younger ones play and get more experience points.
My philosophy is never spent more than you make.

Buffonisgod

7-1-3 where you at?
Apr 12, 2004
I just buy, buy, and buy. Training in the offseason is a *****. I just want to buy players in the offseason, and don't want to be bothered to play friendlies.

I am trying everything in the world to get Nesta and Gerrard.

I thought Mutu was 20 in my game because I might have accidentally edited his age, so I guess it's a problem in everyone's game.

Ibrahimovic is awful in my game. His acceleration is slow as hell, and he loses possesion easily from behind.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
I have just finished my first season. Won the D2 league and D2 cup.
Currently my budget is 33,000 and I have salaries to be paid that are worth 17,500
NOTES:
- Players that were most impressive: Buffon, Del Piero, Zambrotta, Blasi (lately), Nedved, Ibrahimovic, Camoranesi.
- Downsides: All my deffensive choices are >30. Nedved is getting old (replacement is needed).
- I am not willing to sell Olivera, Kapo, Mutu but I am willing to negotiate for a loan.
I am thinking about buying:
Rocisky and Chellini..
Rocisky is damn expensive but is truely needed. He is 23 years old and his numbers are damn good. Nedved is getting old and I don't have a replacement.
Is there anyway where I can send a player to loan (meaning put him on the transfer market only for a loan not for full ownership)?
Any suggestions of a decent/cheap/young CB? I really wanted Paolo Cannavaro to put him alongside his bigger brother but he is off the transfer market.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
martins is like the best player in the game. he has 99 speed and acceleration so you just hit a through ball and...goal.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Sir Sebastian ] ++
martins is like the best player in the game. he has 99 speed and acceleration so you just hit a through ball and...goal.
I don't like this kind of players, I am better of getting a slower more team work oriented player.

Jul 28, 2002
cesc fabregas is the man.

or Cardozo, Degaka or Baumjohan...as everyone knos, these guys become THE best none reborn players.

Jul 28, 2002
----------------------------------------Buffon-----------------------------------------------

Dagaka--------------Kompany------Vandenborre-------------Chivu------------------

-------------------------------------------------Gerrard-------------------------------------

---------------------------------Zidane-------------------------------------------------------
C.Ronaldo------------------------------------------------------------------Ben Arfa----

-------------------------------------------------------Baumjohann

-----------------------------Zlatan-----------------------------

Subs:
Cesc
Cardozo
Carini
Canna
Lilian
Camo
Saviola

Legendarry side.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Ok The new season has started I managed to get the following players:
Rocisky (23 years)
Chielini (20 years)
Huth (19-20 years)

After the Rocisky and Chielini deal I was litrally broke. Had to go for a unbelonging player CB. huth is a germal young CB. Still haveb't tested him yet but looking forward too. Currently Cannavaro and Thuram are doing great but replacements must be ready.
Chielini is doing fine. I played to pre-season matches:
1- Vs Real Madrid I won 1-0 :cool: but surprise surprise who scored the goal ?????? The spanish biggest fear.. The spanish Biggest Nightmare.. ZALAYTA :cool: It was his first match after Injury.
2- Vs AS. Roma. Ended also 1-0. Goal was scored by Rocisky. It was a mid range shot.

Is there away to change the players numbers during the season?

Currently my squad:
Goalkeepers:
Buffon, Cheminti
CB:
Cannavaro, Thuram, Montero, Huth
Side back:
Zambrotta, Pessotto, Chielini, Birendili, Zebina
DM:
Appiah, Blasi, Tacchinardi, Emerson
OM:
Nedved, Rocisky, Olivera
Wings:
Camoranesi, Kapo
Forwards:
Del Piero, Ibrahimovic, Trezeguet, Zayalata, Mutu.

I am happy I didn't need to sell anyone to buy those trio. Rocisky is a great player. I am a big fan of him.. So he was a big must in my team. He didn't let me down. He is great. Played to games with him and he is developing already.
The highest Salary in my team is:
1- Nedved: 1383
2- Rocisky: 1300 (yes he was damn expensive to buy and to keep)
3- Del Piero: 1150
4- Buffon: 1100

My current balance after the I have paid the salaries is 850 :frown: I am in need of winning and scoring. Hopefully Rocisky will make sure everything will go flowlessly. :)

Jul 28, 2002
guys what difficulty do u play it on?? 6 star all the way....

Jus signed the reborn maldini and di canio.....legendary player, the only reborns i go for....the rest are fooking anoying with teams like livorno with pele and maradona :groan:

ZAF, chillini has never imrpoved much for me, but if ur relied on him with heavy work he may get decent.

wage bill is now 39000...but i have a balance of 109000....loving it.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
guys what difficulty do u play it on?? 6 star all the way....

Jus signed the reborn maldini and di canio.....legendary player, the only reborns i go for....the rest are fooking anoying with teams like livorno with pele and maradona :groan:

ZAF, chillini has never imrpoved much for me, but if ur relied on him with heavy work he may get decent.

wage bill is now 39000...but i have a balance of 109000....loving it.
I have just finished my first season. I can't say if my transfer market was successful or not, this is something that I will have to wait and see as the season goes by. Nevertheless, I am happy with the purchase. I am was not desprate for a CB since I already have 3 (two which are truly great). My only problem was that they are all aging. So buying Huth on the free market was more of future transfer market. Train him well. Let him play if he is ready. Then by the end of this season, or the season after I will see, either keep him or sell him.
Chielini was needed, but again I wasn't very desprate, As I already have Zambrotta and Pessotto who both played the last season very well (but pessotto is getting old). In addition I have Zebina and Birindelli as subs. The problem was that I don't trust zebina. So I decided to put a bid on Chielini.
Rocisky on the other hand was very much needed. I only have one playmaker (offensive midfielder) and he is already 32. This is why I paid all my balance to secure his arrival. The first try he refused my offer. Then after increasing both transfer money and salary he accepted. This player is here to stay. No plans on off loading him any time soon.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
Gerrard is sick. OMG. I offered Nedved and 75k and still NOOOO!!! omg... omg.. omg...
it helps if ur performing well, and winning things.

I offered 20k, trez and a 2k wage....and bingo.

Legendary DM, has a neat little raul turn, and wicked shot...

I wouldnt bother spending buckest on the big players, maybe the odd one.

Id try and train up the good potentials.

Par Example: I signed a 17 called bennedetti, by the age of 19 he was the best CB in the game....

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
Gerrard is sick. OMG. I offered Nedved and 75k and still NOOOO!!! omg... omg.. omg...
75,000 !!! THAT IS ALOT!!! I offered Rocisky 11,000 and thought it was ALOT. Rich bastard :cool: How many seasons have you finished already?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)