Winning Eleven 8 / Pro Evolution Soccer 4 (8 Viewers)

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
I started from scratch with Barota, Stromer, Celnili, Epsimas and all those suckers... that's why it was so hard :) I didn't know you could start with the regular Juventus! :sad: I will start over again..

pembohong

Jul 24, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Alucard Belmont ] ++
i'm playing 6 stars Serie-A league now.
It pissed me off greatly that Milan and Inter rarely drop points. :groan:
btw, anybody have tips for corners and free kick? I rarely scored from them..:down:
Buy Beckham :D

Btw, is that WE or PES? My WE is Japanese... T_T

Daddi

Oct 27, 2004
I scored 2 wonderful goals with Del Piero from the freekick today :D
all together, I've scored 11 freekicks :)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Alucard Belmont ] ++
i'm playing 6 stars Serie-A league now.
It pissed me off greatly that Milan and Inter rarely drop points. :groan:
btw, anybody have tips for corners and free kick? I rarely scored from them..:down:
How unrealistic. AC Milan has 17 wins and one draw. :howler:

Yeah I have trouble scoring on corners as well. However on the free kicks, if you are close to the goal, just tap the chip button softly, and loft the ball to a player in the box, then just flick it on into the goal. This of course is when the freekicks are right straight outside of the goal box.

ADP Timers

Feb 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
I scored 2 wonderful goals with Del Piero from the freekick today :D
all together, I've scored 11 freekicks :)
Nice man, 2 in one day is pretty tough. 11 is impressive. I prefer Del over anyone in the game. Hes solid, although as he ages in ML, his stats go down. :(

ADP Timers

Feb 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
I started from scratch with Barota, Stromer, Celnili, Epsimas and all those suckers... that's why it was so hard :) I didn't know you could start with the regular Juventus! :sad: I will start over again..
Ya start up in Match Mode, where it loads the default Match team. I dont want to say its easier, but it cuts a lot of time out as u struggle to win, and then buy Buffon , Cannavaro , Del, whoever, etc etc. Plus its more fun to roll through League 2 with this team ;)

ADP Timers

Feb 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Yeah I have trouble scoring on corners as well. However on the free kicks, if you are close to the goal, just tap the chip button softly, and loft the ball to a player in the box, then just flick it on into the goal. This of course is when the freekicks are right straight outside of the goal box.
Well I assume that he tied Milan and Inter. All you needed was one more goal ;), and the 2 wins are yours, and your in first.

As far as freekicks, if they are right outside the box, not on the sides, but right on top. Then you can do as Andy said and tap the lob button lightly, to where the line goes up like this much ||||, something like that. This will just chip it over the wall, and if lined up correctly with the right or left most post, will go on. NOTE, this is really effective only when the freekick is like a meter from the line, and u got a straight shot onto goal, not from the corner of box or what not.

For those, if you do not want to aim straight for goal, then ya, you can chip, little pace on the ball, bit of curve, though not needed, and just flick on with a good post player, guys like Ibra and Trez, etc. Youll score eventually.

Oct 29, 2004
i finally shut my mate up whos a roma fan, we always argue over whos better dp or tooti so we decided to settle it in iss, we play a best of 5 games in 30 min matches. it was like a storybook tale with the games level at 2-2 in the final game DP scored a thunderbolt form outside the area, needless to say he made the obvious comment that its just a game, but i proved my point

forza iss

Oct 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

yeah, so unrealistic.
and their only draw come from me. an 86 min penalty kick.
I bet you'll be as pissed as me if you experience the same condition. :groan:
oh, and thnx for the tip, i'll try that.

Oct 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by ADP Timers ] ++

Well I assume that he tied Milan and Inter. All you needed was one more goal ;), and the 2 wins are yours, and your in first.

As far as freekicks, if they are right outside the box, not on the sides, but right on top. Then you can do as Andy said and tap the lob button lightly, to where the line goes up like this much ||||, something like that. This will just chip it over the wall, and if lined up correctly with the right or left most post, will go on. NOTE, this is really effective only when the freekick is like a meter from the line, and u got a straight shot onto goal, not from the corner of box or what not.

For those, if you do not want to aim straight for goal, then ya, you can chip, little pace on the ball, bit of curve, though not needed, and just flick on with a good post player, guys like Ibra and Trez, etc. Youll score eventually.
after several tries I managed to score one free kick. I need more practise :D

ADP Timers

Feb 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by legend delpiero ] ++
i finally shut my mate up whos a roma fan, we always argue over whos better dp or tooti so we decided to settle it in iss, we play a best of 5 games in 30 min matches. it was like a storybook tale with the games level at 2-2 in the final game DP scored a thunderbolt form outside the area, needless to say he made the obvious comment that its just a game, but i proved my point

forza iss
This thread is not about International Superstar Soccer though, its about Pro Evo Soccer 4, which is A LOT different. PES4 > ISS ANY

But I still appreciate the post, and would take Del over Totti as well.

Forza PES4 ;)

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
how do you buy people in masters league in we8? so far the only way ive been able to get players is if i offer about 40 000 points + my best players for a player like cassano. every single transferm no matter how much you offer, gets broken down. i cant buy anyone!

Daddi

Oct 27, 2004
haha, maybe its cuz its early in the season or so. I did this: -Zalayeta+25.000 > Ronaldo.
-Then I did Blasi+2000 > Essien.
-Bought Cissé for 15.000.
-Traded Del Piero+1000 > Cassano.
-And Traded Tacchinardi+10.000 > Rosicky.
-Nedved+5000 > Gerrard.
-Montero+7000 > Samuel.
-Birindelli+10.000 > Chivu.
-Bought Hleb for 16.000
-Traded Kapo+10.000 > Adriano
-Camoranesi+7000 > Joaquin

-----Cassano/Cissé----Adriano/Zlatan (depends whoose more fit)

------------------Rosicky
-Gerrard/Zambro------------------Joaquin
-----Essien/Appiah----Hleb/Emerson

---------Chivu - Samuel - Cannavaro/Thuram

------------------Buffon/Bonnefoi

Don't laugh at me or critizise me :) I did this cuz I wanted a team who is full of young and talented players who develop a lot. I wanna see how far they can go ;) (I could get all these players after 3 seasons) Note: I use Ronaldo as the saviour if my team, somehow screws up and I can do solos with him :D

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by ADP Timers ] ++

Post of the year right there. HAHAA.

"Is this game better than Fifa 2004?"

This game DESTROYS Fifa 2005. Period.
OK...where can I buy it ???

I take it that its FINALLY available in the US ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)