Winning Eleven 8 / Pro Evolution Soccer 4 (8 Viewers)

.AB.

Mafioso
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Don't get me wrong, I'm not proud of downloading software... but looking at software prices these days, I can't bring myself to pay an extra $90 for a pretty box and manual
I dont feel guilty at all. Because they rip us off to. Take TCM 2003 for example it used to crash 13 days(in game around 10 mins) into a new game unless u downloaded the patch, what abt those poor people without internet.

Buy on AliExpress.com

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
if i got the pc version (ill be gettign the ps2 one also), how do you play on the pc? is it possible to plug in your ps2 controller with an adapter and use that? im really not looking forward to using a keyboard for playing online, i hate keyboards for sports games. i hope i can just get hat 10$ adapter for the ps2 controller because i really want to play online. anyone know anything about this?

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by abhinav ] ++

I dont feel guilty at all. Because they rip us off to. Take TCM 2003 for example it used to crash 13 days(in game around 10 mins) into a new game unless u downloaded the patch, what abt those poor people without internet.
yeah, they only deserve it, there isnt almost a game without bugs or the famous "crash to desktop" shit, a new game shouldnt cost more than max 10$! and they should finish it before selling it out.

.AB.

Mafioso
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Sir Sebastian ] ++
if i got the pc version (ill be gettign the ps2 one also), how do you play on the pc? is it possible to plug in your ps2 controller with an adapter and use that? im really not looking forward to using a keyboard for playing online, i hate keyboards for sports games. i hope i can just get hat 10$ adapter for the ps2 controller because i really want to play online. anyone know anything about this?
Since u live in the U.S go to www.bizrate.com and search for gamepads. There are some cool pads better than the PS2 pads. If u want a pad similar to a PS2 gamepad for pc buy the logitech dual action 2 its around 23$ and has the same shape as a PS2 pad. Its USB so u wont need a converter.

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #186
    I've been reading around at the PES forums, and PES4 has received mixed reactions. A lot of people say it's too arcadey/easy, while others say it's awesome.

Then again, a lot of people hate every new PES title that comes out at first, then it grows on them. Hopefully the same will happen with PES4.

I hope it doesn't turn out to be totally shite though, because it'll serve as the flagship of the PES series for the next year to come, and I'd hate for newcomers to be turned off because it turns out to be an inferior game to PES3 :scared:

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    Winning Eleven 8 is great, except some things. The graphics are great, replays and cameras are great aswell etc. But when you go to opponents 16m-box, it slows down, dunno why.

Gotta admit that WE7 is a little bit more realistic when you play the games. You can score goals very easy on the WE8, while on WE7 it's normal.

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #188
    Arif, try changing your TV setting thingy to 50Hz instead of 60, maybe that'll fix up the slowing down

.AB.

Mafioso
    Jul 15, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Art^ ] ++
    Is it official that the PC version is with online play?
    99.999999999999% See the screen in the previous page. A modem is mentioned in the minimum requirements. Why would you need a modem without online play.

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #192
    ++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
    Dunno if it's about TV, coz it happens only when you enter the opponents' 16m box.
    Oh I mean choose the 50Hz option in the game instead of 60Hz :)

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Art^ ] ++
    Is it just me, or are the PS2 owners getting screwed... Again.

Now i have to buy a PC version to :(
    same, im going to end up buying both

o well thats more refereeing to do :groan:

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    probably something to do with Microsoft :(
    mr gates is a greedy bastard. before it was ok, but interfering with my online winning 11 playing is CROSSING the line. that bastard

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Xbox Live is a superior console online product than PS2's online system. Also, XBox has been outselling PS2 for the last 5 months. Konami also has close ties to Tecmo, who is almost exclusively Xbox now (Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)