Winning Eleven 8 / Pro Evolution Soccer 4 (3 Viewers)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Art^ ] ++
Im also a bit dissapointed with PES4. :(

But the critics somehow love it
The so many little additions to the game has covered up the fact that the gameplay and general control/movement of the players is worse.

It's still very playable and I like the new additions a lot, but i get a mixed feeling when my passes are slower/less acurate; the players control the ball like Appiah; player like Zidane and Ronaldo can't be dispossed of the ball a la Fifa; and defenders run at each other like Legro and Iuliano last season (saying "like headless chickens" wouldn't be as bad).

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
gr8 game gray, i recommend it for all WE gamers, gr8 gameplay and gr8 graphics, the actuall juve shirt is there for example! the sky sport shirt!!

i bought it for just 25 egyptian pounds :D:D

.AB.

Mafioso
Jul 15, 2002
Buy the PC version.

1.The game will run better than PES3 coz the coding will improve.
2.Download kits, rosters, stadiums etc
3.ONLINE PLAY!!!

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #172
    Damn I'd love to play you guys :sob:

Will there be online play on the PC? If so, you guys all have to make sure you get it. Awesome!!!

.AB.

Mafioso
    Jul 15, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    Damn I'd love to play you guys :sob:

Will there be online play on the PC? If so, you guys all have to make sure you get it. Awesome!!!
    Yes there is online play, why cant u play?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    Now all I need is a powerfull enough computer... I dont play video games on my laptop (never planned to) and now i have the urge to do some cross-pacific butt-kicking with WE!

I'll have to secretly use my grandfather's iPC.

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #175
    ++ [ originally posted by abhinav ] ++
    Yes there is online play, why cant u play?
    Oh, I meant that I wish I could play PES3 with you guys. Hopefully PES4 will be a huge step forward in bridging the continental divide between us, and I can finally whip Majed's ass :D

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #176
    Pro Evolution Soccer 4 enjoys 1.5m ship-out!

Konami of Europe has announced that the first-day ship-out for its vaunted Pro Evolution Soccer 4 for PlayStation 2 has already topped 1.5m units, bettering the phenomenal launch efforts its predecessor last year.

The day one shipment for the PlayStation 2 version far exceeds the million units ordered on day one for Pro Evolution Soccer 3 in 2003, and further demonstrates the growing appeal of the Konami franchise. Set for release on October 15th, the figures cover all Konami's European set-ups and follow several key announcements during the development and promotion of Pro Evolution Soccer 4.

The new game boasts a wealth of new innovations, including on-screen referees, closer control, and 56 clubs under the license from the Spanish and Dutch leagues and each club from the Italian league. With the series already regarded as the pinnacle of realism and playability, it seems that more and more consumers are eager to sample the game's delights.

"We have worked hard to ensure that Pro Evolution Soccer 4 is a better game and have listened to our consumers on how to make key improvements," commented Kunio Neo, President for Konami of Europe. "It seems that our efforts have been rewarded with this record day-one shipment figure, and shows that word is spreading about the quality of the game. We are delighted that more and more people are being introduced to the delights of the Pro Evolution Soccer series. With the first version for Xbox set to follow a month later alongside a very strong PC-DVD version, we have very high hopes for Pro Evolution Soccer 4 this year."

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

Oh, I meant that I wish I could play PES3 with you guys. Hopefully PES4 will be a huge step forward in bridging the continental divide between us, and I can finally whip Majed's ass :D
    huh! Keep dreaming :cool:

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #178
    Seriously though, it'd be too awesome if we could play against each other :extatic:

I'm pretty sure they'll require a valid CD-key to play online, so this may well be the first software I pay for in about 10 years :D I'm sure it'll be worth it though :cool:

.AB.

Mafioso
    Jul 15, 2002
    Seriously though, it'd be too awesome if we could play against each other :extatic:

I'm pretty sure they'll require a valid CD-key to play online, so this may well be the first software I pay for in about 10 years :D I'm sure it'll be worth it though :cool:
    u mean u havent paid for all the games u've beaten.:eek:

I paid for most of them but only 1/20th of the original price.:D coz I have a download limit from my ISP.:fero:

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #180
    Well if you wanna call paying my monthly ADSL subscription "paying for software", then that makes me an honest customer :p

Don't get me wrong, I'm not proud of downloading software... but looking at software prices these days, I can't bring myself to pay an extra $90 for a pretty box and manual

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)