Winning Eleven 8 / Pro Evolution Soccer 4 (2 Viewers)

Alex

May 1, 2004
The only winning 11 game ive ever played was W11 4 and that was a japanese version on ps one. I totally loved it. Took some time to convince my bro cos of graphics and language barrier but it was just amazing. The patient passing game, the lob 1-2, the batigol from almost half way> everything> amazing. Perhaps Unlike u guys (who have played all the titles in the series)i should definately appreicate the uprgrads to the game since W11 4. Can't wait

Tacca03

May 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
Actually I do notice major changes... that came in gameplay, graphics, animation and even the starting menu!

It's annoying.. it kinda has a Fifa flavor to it now :groan:
Agree with you 100% mate! :thumb:

I was able to win by setting up near perfect formations with crappy players in previous versions.

*playing like Greece!*

But now, it seems, is 1 vs 1 skills that counts. :frown:

Sometime I couldn't help wondering whether I'm watching these Nike commericals that glorify selfish play!

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I have no idea when winning eleven 8 is coming out in the US, but I will be picking it up for the XBox, especially now with XBox Live online capability.

Save your pennies guys, if you don't have an XBox already. I need someone to playwith online, and I'd rather do it with someone I'm at least somewhat familiar with.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Awesome, you'll see the light soon Sergio ;)
To me, the best football game ever created, and I will still say it to this day, even though it is now 10 years old, is FIFA International Soccer for the 3DO system.

The perfect blend of graphics and gameplay. It was breathtaking just looking at it on the screen.

Jul 28, 2002
I have had a Uk pes4 for 2 days now, (amazon), and apart form a dodgy spelling mistake, its a very well rounded game.

On the non football side, the game has become truely a topclass edition, twatting fifa hands down.

On the ptch, improved graphics, motion, and long rang passes/shooting has improved the game great, one problem is that it does play slightly like fifa regardin the skating nature "sometimes".

otherwise a mint game.....

9.5/10

.AB.

Mafioso
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
I'm plannig to buy a PS2, which costs about 180 €.

And all this because of WE series. :D
Dont buy it. Its old. From what I have read pes4 dosent run properly, too many slowdowns.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
It doesnt have any slowdons on my PS2. I Guess its only on the very old PS2 models.

Mine runs perfect in both 50hz and 60hz. So if you buy a new PS2 with the WE series, there shouldnt be any problems

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
I'm plannig to buy a PS2, which costs about 180 €.

And all this because of WE series. :D
I did the same thing..... I bought a PS2 only for WE. Teh CD tray only sees light when there's a new WE edition :D

the last game consol i bought before that was SNES :cool:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by abhinav ] ++

Dont buy it. Its old. From what I have read pes4 dosent run properly, too many slowdowns.
++ [ originally posted by Art^ ] ++
It doesnt have any slowdons on my PS2. I Guess its only on the very old PS2 models.

Mine runs perfect in both 50hz and 60hz. So if you buy a new PS2 with the WE series, there shouldnt be any problems
Yeah!!! I do notice that annoying slow-down when my team goes in to the opposing team's 18-yard box!

What models numbers are considered "slow?"

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

Yeah!!! I do notice that annoying slow-down when my team goes in to the opposing team's 18-yard box!

What models numbers are considered "slow?"

I've noticed that too. When I play WE8 on PS2, when I go to opponent's 16m-box, it slows down, dunno why.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)