Winning Eleven 8 / Pro Evolution Soccer 4 (4 Viewers)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
it's built all of it's success on the playstation and playstation 2,and yet PES4's release is all hyped around it's availability on Xbox Live:rolleyes:
Yeah, that is annoying... :groan:

anyhow, I've been playing WE8 for a while now on my PS2 and I'm still not liking it as much as WE7. There are a lot of great additions to the games, but I still dont like the gameplay as much as WE7.

A step down compared to WE7 in these aspects:

** The players have amaturish control of the ball. Star players should at least receive the ball comfortably.
**The passes are terrible. The 1-2's are messed up.
**The team-work level has gone down so much that the game's a lot more messy. The defenders don't help out each other as much and the attackers run in to each other more often.
**Players are made of glass! When I play with my buddy, there's an average of 3 injuries per game (mostly the bad ones that requires a sub). What's worse is that these injuries that are supposedly to the leg happen when the offender pushes/shuvs the victim! We don't even play rough/careless. Since we've played WE6 together, we only get an average of 2 cards per game.
**I've noticed that sometimes a player on the field attempts to make a pass in one direction and the anamation even shows that, but the ball would go in another direction.
**Most players rarely make on touch passes. They scramble to receive the ball, the take a step, then they pass!! (these are suppsed to be world-class players)

I love my football neat and organized with my players spread all across the pitch and i love to make quick 1-3s, 1-2's and other passing combinations to penitrate the defense from the middle. the controls don't allow me to control my players as easily as I used to in tight situations.

Basically, I feel like I'm playing an MLS!! :down:

anyhow, I know that I'll just have to get used to the controls (the new passing system), but i'm positive that the gameplay has gone a step down in many aspects. WE focused more on the animation and graphics!

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #122
    damn, sorry to hear that Majed... I hope the gameplay is improved for PES4, because the 1-2 pass and one-touch passing are my absolute favourite features of PES3.

I hope I don't have to stick with PES3 and wait for the next release of the game to find a game to settle with. Then again, I've hard that it's wise to buy a WE/PES title every 2 releases, maybe it's correct theory

Either way, I'll definitely give PES4 a good run for its money, but I won't necessarily settle into it just because it's the newer game. As we PES players say, gameplay is king

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    damn, sorry to hear that Majed... I hope the gameplay is improved for PES4, because the 1-2 pass and one-touch passing are my absolute favourite features of PES3.

I hope I don't have to stick with PES3 and wait for the next release of the game to find a game to settle with. Then again, I've hard that it's wise to buy a WE/PES title every 2 releases, maybe it's correct theory

Either way, I'll definitely give PES4 a good run for its money, but I won't necessarily settle into it just because it's the newer game. As we PES players say, gameplay is king
    the strange this is that a lot of people like it better than WE7 ?!! :confused: I don't know if they're just fooled by the great graphics or maybe their style of play isn't as dependant on passing as my style.

Maybe It's because i havn't played it as much as WE7, but I doubt it's this because It only took me a couple of days to love WE7 after playing WE6 and WE6FE for ages.

It's been 2 weeks and I still don't like it...

I'll try to be more patient... I'll give it more time...

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #124
    that's the spirit :)

of course I'll give it at least a few months before I decide which game I'll stick with, but I'm sufficiently affected by consumerism to be inclined to go with the shiniest new release :D I hope I have the willpower to go for whichever one has better gameplay though :scared:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    hey majed,i'm with you man.imo the animation of the players is now more accurate and the game features a wider range of styles now,but the first touch and simple passing is pretty annoying sometimes.that said,the players seem to execute brilliant through passes with ease;another flaw in the game.

shots are much improved though,in PES3 long shots either bobbled into the keeper's arms of sailed above the bar alot even with the better players in the game,but they've become more powerful and accurate in WE8,which should be the case.

i'll be buying PES4 for sure,but i can't promise i'll stick with it.still kicks FIFA ass though.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    Actually I do notice major changes... that came in gameplay, graphics, animation and even the starting menu!

It's annoying.. it kinda has a Fifa flavor to it now :groan:

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
    when will the PES4 release ??? i heard that it will in oct, pretty close from now.
    i would be more enjoyable to play this rather than the japanese version of WE8.

Jul 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    What a crappy cover :groan:

that gray, has to be the worst.....it merely looks like a shoddy photoshop cut and paste job....shocking...AND they used totti..:wallbang:

May 30, 2004
    the juventus shirt is nice in da game but in pes 4 no cannavaro no ibrahimovic no zebina..... only emerson is there..... do we have da opion o buy and sell in da game .. koz i dont liek it this way... i want to resell miccoli off da dick is still here

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Modo Bianconero ] ++
    the juventus shirt is nice in da game but in pes 4 no cannavaro no ibrahimovic no zebina..... only emerson is there..... do we have da opion o buy and sell in da game .. koz i dont liek it this way... i want to resell miccoli off da dick is still here

In WE8 in Juventus there are Zebina, Emerson, Ibrahimovich and Cannavaro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)