Winning Eleven 8 / Pro Evolution Soccer 4 (1 Viewer)

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
try playing it with no sound. set the sound settings all to zero. see if the game runs smoother. i have a problem like that and when i got rid of the sound it plays much better. since you bought the game ;) you might as well try and install the official patch and see if that helps.
But shouldnt it work very smooth on my pc? i mean look at the specifications i have!!

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by NEDVED ] ++

But shouldnt it work very smooth on my pc? i mean look at the specifications i have!!
the game could have a bug. i set the resolution and all to the lowest and then i kept it back to medium and there was no change in the slow-downs of the game.

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

the game could have a bug. i set the resolution and all to the lowest and then i kept it back to medium and there was no change in the slow-downs of the game.
:mad: konami must do something

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
on Xbox there are no slowdowns what-so-ever. Its the best verision of the game, too bad the Xbox-controller SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUX with this game. Buy a Dualshock 2 converter ;)

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Bought the game, and I played it yesterday! Okay, everything I said about FIFA was wrong. F*ck that game, PES 4 is about a 100 times better. I cleared FIFA from my PC as quick as possible. Its just amazing!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
Bought the game, and I played it yesterday! Okay, everything I said about FIFA was wrong. F*ck that game, PES 4 is about a 100 times better. I cleared FIFA from my PC as quick as possible. Its just amazing!

Thank you .. Thank you.. We expect this type of confession trend to continue (it has been for more than 5 years now! :strong:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Is PES 4 out on PS2 here in the United States?
Nope.. and the title PES4 won't ever be out in the States.

Around Feb, we'll get "WE8" (with some suffix attached no doubt)

ADP Timers

Feb 4, 2004
Haha, so funny to see some people still supporting Fifa series, although Im curious to see how that Fifa Street game will turn out...

Anywho, PES4 is hands down the best soccer game for any console/PC. For those in the "know", I must say that the Wolf 2005 Evolution patch is the most recent and best patch to be had at around 600 or so megs. Ball pack is sick, and a lot of great updates.

Online play still has yet to be improved, especially with the V 1.10 patch which doesnt address much. As client, unless within the same country or so, its hard to avoid button lag, and times where the movement will freeze for a second, then youll see yourself with our without the ball further down the pitch. As host though, in my online league over at Evo-web, I went 3-0 ;), couldnt score 1 goal as client though, as I was playing France, Portugal, Germany, here from almost 7000+ miles away on the west coast of USA.

Overall, games online play can be expanded on, as its a bit dry, but the community it has created alone, merely for its new online ability, is very vast. Lot of sites setup for leagues, tourneys, ladders, etc.

There are no cd cracks for 1.10 patch, meaning you "dont have to" have the official CD only to apply the patch. As long as (when run in Windowed play) it says Pro Evolution Soccer 4 V. 1.10, then your good.

And I must lastly saw, that with a Radeon 9700 Pro, or any solid video card, turned up to HIGH settings, 1024x768 or higher, game is BEAUTIFUL.

Played the entre Xmas break on my bros PC, and when coming back to this, Im blown away by the output, its fabulous.

In short, game has got to be the hands down greatest game yet. So much potential, and such a smooth and fluent entertaining title.

If I wasnt dead tired from the gym & work, Id probably get a game in now, but Im off to sleep.

-Jake the Snake

ADP Timers

Feb 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Do they have the license for Juventus yet?
I believe they've had Serie A licenses since WE7 days, PES3, it was always EPL teams that had the different names and what not.

Patch I have clears it all up...sooooo nice. :)

ADP Timers

Feb 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
yeah, but Zlatan and Cannavaro isnt playing for Juventus in the game :( sucks bigtime!
HAHAA

Funniest line Ive heard in a while.
What do you think the purpose of those patches is for?
Every new transfer up to date.

Ive got Zlatan, Cannavaro, Zebina, Emerson, etc etc.
Teams like Fiortentina have been created over the old Serie A teams that were relegated, and guys like Miccoli and Maresca have both been sent there.

Its all in the option file you have. Just read around, its so easy to do.
I cant wait for the January transfer window to pass, then a new option file or patch will be released. It'll be cool to see who Juve picks up, if anyone...:|.

Only thing though, is when playing online, it reverts back to the default option file, so sadly, in online play, you wouldnt have Zlatan or Canna, but I normally start with Trez and Del up top, and Miccoli or Zala are pretty decent subs, especially Miccoli if you want someone like Del, whose smaller, quicker, and aggressive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)