Windows XP (office vrs.) Help (1 Viewer)

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
This is as bad.

My bloody faggoty pc keeps restarting randomly everytime i start playing.

I did a virus check and crap like that. Everything seems to be perfectly fine. Plus my comp jams ala Windows 95 everytime. So fecking annoying

anyone (that's had this before) got any ideas

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Everytime you start playing what?

I once tried uninstalling IE from Windows, there's even an option for it. Out of the blue I would get a system shutdown message after 2 minutes of operation on every single boot.

OP
Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    eyah i get that kinda time limit too...
    It's a good thing i got a new laptop

but still. everytime. getting annoying. I've already made one barbeque outta a CPU, it sucked. so help.

i'll get more info on the problem for u guys soon...im too tied to care atm.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Hmm that doesn't sound good. Have you overclocked any of your components? That sounds like an overheating problem, especially if it happens when you start playing 3D games that put a load on your GPU.

Try running all the basic diagnostics (chkdsk, scandisk, virus scasnners) and report back to us

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    I dont play any games on that computer except for CM01/02

I've done all that scandisk shit. noffin.
    clean.

plus since ur said overheating, do you think putting a table fan next to my comp will help? (my CPU has no casing)

++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    Everytime you start playing what?

nonono, i normally just use that comp to surf and for music

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I'd only suspect overheating if you've overclocked your CPU, or if you lived in Central Australia

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    You didn't answer whether you've overclocked your hardware or not

If so, yes, a fan would help. For the long-term, though, I'd have to recommend a more permanent solution, possibly heat sinks or water cooling (if u wanna spend the bling)

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
    a friend of mine has this windows xp,
    and doesn't have java.

she asked me what to do..

i had the same problem when i had those windows xp i didn't have java either,
    but when i put this stupid windows 2000 professional i had java automatically

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #13
    what the hell has java got to do with any of this?!? :confused:

by the way, check this out :wallbang: :sob:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Josh ] ++
    hmm.... looks like a problem with the RPC...
    My gosh, we have a genius amongst us :rofl:

Deej, what worries me is:

1) The stuff in the background is most likely what you do in your spare time, as opposed to what you were doing while waiting for that error message to pop up again

2) You've got pastry in the left side of your taskbar

3) You managed to take a screenshot of your desktop, paste it into paint and save it within 4 seconds!? :eek:

btw why are you so ashamed of what you do on ur comp that you have to blackbox it from us :(

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
    3) You managed to take a screenshot of your desktop, paste it into paint and save it within 4 seconds!? :eek:
    lets look at this scenario.

a. error comes up, saying: "x seconds before shutdown"(where x is a variable)
    b. opens up paint "x - y seconds before shutdown"(y- time taken to open paint)
    c. press "print screen, biatch" and then clicks "paste" button "x - y -z"(z= time between open paint & printscreen). proceeds on to save but that doesnt affect the time.

could it be that x - y - z =4 seconds?

BASICALLY what im saying is the time printed on the screen was not the initial time but the EXACT time printscreen occured. and it may have occured late because he took the time to open up paint.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)