Windows Folder Question (1 Viewer)

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
This is a really retarded question, but something is really pissing me off. Maybe someone here can help:

Anyways, I have music on my computer, and I have lots of folders for the different albums, but how do I make it so that all of these sub-folders in my MP3s folder are set to 'View Details' so that they are all listed and not tile icons. Am I making sense here? And how do I make it so that I can customize my choice for details for all of them at once. For example lets say I only want the names, date modified, bitrate and length, instead of all the other file type and artist crap.

I know how to do this for each individual folder, but I can do this in a fast batch process, where I tell Windows XP to make all the subfolders in Mp3s to look how I want them to look like.

Help would be much appreciated.

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
When you're in the Properties -> Customize menu, check the little box that says "Apply these settings to all sub-folders" or something like that.

Also, if you're applying general settings like viewing the files in a list, in explorer, click tools -> folder options -> view, and click on "Apply to all folders".

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    You like the lists? Yeah they're ok :irritate:

I prefer to be able to see the file size and modified date of my music/movies so i can get the jist of how big they are, the bigger the better quality. So basically you suck for liking the list feature.

:D ;)

Thanks for the help man. You get that gmail account you were looking for ?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Anyone who doesn't list their files with "details" is a whimp ;)

Persian, the default Windows way of listing files is imbecile. That's why it takes me 5 minutes everytime I install XP to set those settings right at the start.

"Oh look at the cute little icons". Dumbasses. :fero::mad:

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    Anyone who doesn't list their files with "details" is a whimp ;)

Persian, the default Windows way of listing files is imbecile. That's why it takes me 5 minutes everytime I install XP to set those settings right at the start.

"Oh look at the cute little icons". Dumbasses. :fero::mad:

not everybody is comfortable with that. although i do like the details much better than the list

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I only use the list in my football videos directory, because there's no point having details, i'd rather have 4 times the number of files on screen. Everywhere else I go for details

++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    What up with the avatar Gray? JC wouldnt approve :irritate:
    It's just a joke :)

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
    One time I tried to organize my music collection by putting all the album covers on the front of the folders...Oh boy was that a mistake. Why does Windows make these things so complicated??

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by BigIzz ] ++
    One time I tried to organize my music collection by putting all the album covers on the front of the folders...Oh boy was that a mistake. Why does Windows make these things so complicated??
    man you must have been bored.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by BigIzz ] ++
    Because they can ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)