Will Serie A be competitive? (2 Viewers)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I think its a three horse race with Inter, Milan and Juve. However, the likes of Palermo, Fiorentina and even Roma might have a say in where the scudetto goes this time around. My prediction: Internazionale.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
INTER WILL WIN THE SCUDETTO !!!!!

only because Juve and Milan will be more focused on winning the Champions League

I am agreeing with this.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Inter have a good chance of being successful this year IMO but whether they'll win the Scudetto, the Coppa or even the Champions League I do not know. One thing is for sure though, Roberto Mancini has one hell of a squad at his disposal. If they gel together nicely and Roberto gets his tactics right they could very well win their first league title since whenever they last won it, but again, only time will tell. How far the big three progress in the CL will also be a factor in the winning of the Scudetto.

Dec 27, 2003
I absolutely loved Mancini as a player. One of the very best I have ever been able to witness live. But my God is he overrated to the extreme as a coach? Hell yes he is. And he's a stupid arrogant bastid as well.

Now, I admit that sometimes I feel almost sorry for Inter and that given all the extra entertainment they provide us with it would be nice to see them win something for once. But having had to endure their sarcasm in the obscure mid-eighties and most of all having witnessed firsthand their utter stupidity when they won the scudetto in 89 (somehow they considered their record serie A run as 10 times the achievement of our phenomenal CL conquest that year) I can safely say that it is in everybody's best interest that Inter rest hohoho.

Seriously, you don't want to know what a happy interista looks like.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by djleli ] ++

do you remember the times when there used ti be lazio, roma parma fiorentina inter juvnetus milan all fighitng it out at the top i cleaerly remembner parma being 2nd and also fiorentina being half a season at the top of the serie A
Yes for a few years in the eighties there were several seasons with multiple challengers for the league...

But since then it has never been more than a 2 or 3 at most horse race... A myth built on a few seasopns in one decade... look at the last 15 years ....

89/90 2 teams in it : napoli & milan

90/91 Samp had an easy ride, milan and inter fought closely for 2nd

91/92 Easy for milan and an easy 2nd for juve

92/93 2 teams fought it out, milan and inter

93/94 2 teams, milan and juve

94/95 easy juve

95/96 easy milan and easy 2nd for juve

96/97 2 teams, juve and parma

97/98 a stroll for juve, easy 2nd for inter

98/99 milan and lazio left the rest for dust in their close race

99/00 close lazio and juve

00/01 close roma and juve, lazio threatened to spoil the party

01/02 close juve, roma and inter

02/03 inter flattered to deceive throughout but the reality was a stroll for juve

03/04 piece of cake for milan

04/05 close for juve and milan for the most part

16 seasons and never more than 3 with even a chance... mostly only one or two....

Serie A is not a competitive league and rarely in its history has been... Those competing for the crown jus rotate more often...

Juve_The_Best

Nov 18, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
no thanks

and if you did, i might somehow deep down find love for lazio :groan:
Nicole i am flying to rome on the 20th of august its an open invitation for you to see my local team(ALAIN) beating roma at the olimpico Like we did to Juve !

if u agree Then pack ur luggages. don't worry i got the tickets ?

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
next season will be the same , maybe inter will fight for some time but at the end it will be between milan and juve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)