Will Juve win the Champions league 2003-2004? (1 Viewer)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Hi guys,
Just submitted a column on this topic to www.juventuz.com, thought i'd get your opinion on this as well. Here's the column. Whats your take on 2003-2004 season? This is my take on the situation.

Another title winning season comes to an end for the Bianconeri. The irony however, is that its been a disappointing end to the season. And after being brilliant for most of it, their only real off night barring the loss to Man United in Turin, cost them a chance to be feted as one of the better teams in Juve's trophy laden history. It really makes you wonder, what then could have gone so drastically wrong on that fateful night? Everything that could possibly go wrong, did.
With a mentality, second to none, Juve for some reason, lose that ferociousness on the grandest club stage in Europe. 7 finals, only 2 won. An unenviable record to say the least. A record that reads poorly off the master tactician, Marcello Lippi whose led Juve to 4 of those finals and lost 3 of them. Despite having done enough to secure his place in Juve folklore. Destiny somehow managed to cheat him yet again in his quest for Europe's most coveted club prize. And that meant a third consecutive finals defeat, this time to Italy's most celebrated club on the European stage: Milan. Old trafford saw Juve's never say die mentality only prolong the inevitable. Penalties clinched the big one for Milan, while Juve suffered a heart wrenching silver medal consolation they would rather not have. Very painful, to those who dedicate themselves to the black and white warriors of Turin. Infact Lippi was so pained by the defeat, he recently said he was on the verge of quitting immediately after the final. Harsh injustice on a man who has Juve in his DNA. Perhaps, what eventually coaxed him to fight through the agony of defeat. Allowing him to dedicate himself to Juve for another year. Another year, in which he's vowed to lift the club to the pinnacle of Europe, failing which he'll vacate the hotseat. Which leads us to the question...will Juventus win the champions league in 2003\4? Very premature, considering the start of the european season is only in september. Somethings, however never change. Faces may come and go over the summer, but the mentality will remain. To fight, till the final whistle. I for one believe if Juve do make a second consecutive final, the law of averages will come to the fore, while destiny will bow to its favourite finalist, and Lippi will remain.

Hope you guys enjoyed reading it. :cool:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Whisper

May 17, 2003
wow!! it's really good!! well i can't say that if we reach the final we'd win just coz the law of averages will come to the fore..coz there's no such thing in soccer!! everythinh and anything can happen... let's just hope for the best!!

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Nice article. However it's too early to judge on our chances. We obviously shall be one of the top favourites, but it all depends on luck as well, that is who will we be facing etc..

PS How do you get to pst articles on juventuz.com? I already post on other websites, but wouldn't mind posting here too.

OP
baggio

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    Yes thats true, but thats what I've said, that it is too early, however if we do, then i guess this is how it'll turn out. :D
    Glad you enjoyed reading it. :D
    CHEERS!!!!
    FORZA JUVE

OP
    baggio

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    HEY ALEX!!!!
    U MADE MY DAY!!!
    REALLY HAPPY U POSTED THE COLUMN....
    did u enjoy reading it????
    FORZA JUVE!!!

NEDVED-11

Jun 4, 2003
    juventus is the best team in the world now .. but we lose the final without NEDVED .. that i expect and hope we will get cahmpions league 2003-2004 .

twins

Jun 4, 2003
    i think wo will get champions at league 2003-2004
    certainly,i wish more wo can get EURO CHAMPION next year

bongo10

Jun 11, 2003
    its too early to talk about it but after the last final we lost I said that Juve are going to win it next year because Nedved didn't play and he'll give everything that he has so he can play in the final and other players too wanna make up for letting Nedvd down when he didn't play

So let's hope everything works out fine

deepblue

IBM Chess Programmer(DB)
    Feb 19, 2003
    Juve managed to qualify for the quarterfinals with comeback wins and draws over Deportivo and the formidable FCBasle with minimun number of points.After an unimpressive win over the powerful Barca(one of the best sides in LaLiga this season) they qualified for the semis.If Figo had converted his penalty it would've been another poor season for Juve.This article as a whole is a wind up.

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
    Sadly I agree with deepblue's analysis of Juve's champions league campaign.

They were lucky to get through the league stages and beat a poor Barcelona side (just!) and were terrible in the final.

The home game against Real Madrid did show what Juve were capable of, it was exciting and creative, and reminded me of Juve in Europe between '96 and '99. However, this game was the exception and not the rule unfortunately.

If Juve to repeat this champions league campaign then they would struggle to get out of the league stage. I might be being harsh but I would love to see a return to the old Juve when they destroyed Monaco 4-1 or Ajax 4-0, they were just fantastic to watch! The '96 final was great as well, they only won on penalties but they outclassed Ajax (who were then a brilliant team) from start to finish.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    We can just only hope the best for the next season, because reacha champions league final is themost difficult task in european soccer, and it cant be repeated all the years.

I want to see how the new team will play, and then take conclutions.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    we rode our luck many times, tudor's last minute volley, zalayeta's extra time goal and of course buffon saving us against real.

nonetheless, we played good football as well, even when we had no del piero and trezeguet at times, we fought well and proved to be one of the best in europe.

this season will see us with a better squad, and instead of seeing the likes of tudor and conte as back up in midfield, we'll see appiah and maresca and most likely someone else as back up for nedved. and miccoli is there as well, a man who can play upfront or behind if we need.

so, i feel that we will have a better and more consistant CL campaign, but realistically, we can only better our last one if we win it, and thats a huge task nonetheless.

i think we'll be up there, as will Real Madrid, Milan, and Inter.

i see Man Utd up there as well, providing they can cover becks and fix the few probs they had.

Arsenal, if they get a good defender will be very good as well.

the phoenix

Aug 8, 2002
    This season will no doubt be exciting to follow. I already like what Moggi is doing with adding depth to an already stronger team. Niow we are a stronger team than last year that is alos more versatile. I really anxious to see how the younger players will do,such as Legg, Miccolli, Appiah and Maresca because I know they will train and play their game to a high level, but also how it rubs off onto the older established playres. Perhaps the newfound enthusiam will spark a greater sense of team spiirt that will elevate Juve's game to a level where no team can even dare to touch them.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    There’s no existing reason to stop Juventus FC from winning the 2003-2004 edition of the European Champions League. Actually, when you analyse it you’ll see that we have a very good chance.

So, what’s the most important thing that has to be taken into consideration? I’d say that the team with the best squad usually has a very good chance of capturing their goal, and who has more strength in depth, quality and quantity, and class than the black and white warriors of Turin? Certainly a few illustrious teams such as Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Manchester United, and current European Champs AC Milan, come to mind, but why shouldn’t we be able to beat them? I’m sure that all of you here know the answer to that question; there is absolutely nothing to stop us from being the best in Europe and the world, except for maybe bad luck.

Who besides Juve have the luxury of saying that their goalkeeper’s name is Gianluigi Buffon? Who besides Juve can count on household names such as Lilian Thuram, Ciro Ferrara, Nicola Legrottaglie, Igor Tudor, Paolo Montero and a whole lot more in defence? Who besides Juve have players like Mauro Camoranesi, Enzo Maresca and Stephan Appiah subbing for the likes of Alessio Tacchinardi, Edgar Davids and Pavel Nedved? Who besides Juve have an inspirational leader like Alessandro Del Piero to spearhead their attack alongside David Trezeguet, Marco Di Vaio, or Fabrizio Miccoli? And finally but certainly not least, who besides Juve has a coach as intelligent and cheeky as Marcello Lippi? Do you guys really want the answers, because I think you already know them. No-one has determination like the Bianconeri! No-one is as hungry for victory as the Bianconeri! These are the reasons why we can, and might, win the Champions League!

Forza Juventus per sempre! Juve sempre e solo!

By Stuart Weekes

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Godot ] ++
    There’s no existing reason to stop Juventus FC from winning the 2003-2004 edition of the European Champions League. Actually, when you analyse it you’ll see that we have a very good chance.

So, what’s the most important thing that has to be taken into consideration? I’d say that the team with the best squad usually has a very good chance of capturing their goal, and who has more strength in depth, quality and quantity, and class than the black and white warriors of Turin? Certainly a few illustrious teams such as Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Manchester United, and current European Champs AC Milan, come to mind, but why shouldn’t we be able to beat them? I’m sure that all of you here know the answer to that question; there is absolutely nothing to stop us from being the best in Europe and the world, except for maybe bad luck.

Who besides Juve have the luxury of saying that their goalkeeper’s name is Gianluigi Buffon? Who besides Juve can count on household names such as Lilian Thuram, Ciro Ferrara, Nicola Legrottaglie, Igor Tudor, Paolo Montero and a whole lot more in defence? Who besides Juve have players like Mauro Camoranesi, Enzo Maresca and Stephan Appiah subbing for the likes of Alessio Tacchinardi, Edgar Davids and Pavel Nedved? Who besides Juve have an inspirational leader like Alessandro Del Piero to spearhead their attack alongside David Trezeguet, Marco Di Vaio, or Fabrizio Miccoli? And finally but certainly not least, who besides Juve has a coach as intelligent and cheeky as Marcello Lippi? Do you guys really want the answers, because I think you already know them. No-one has determination like the Bianconeri! No-one is as hungry for victory as the Bianconeri! These are the reasons why we can, and might, win the Champions League!

Forza Juventus per sempre! Juve sempre e solo!

By Stuart Weekes
    beautiful... :touched:

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
    Real Madrid can tell you that they have Morientes as a bench-warmer, and the likes of Macca and Solari sitting on the bench. Beckham, Figo, Zidane... what a midfield.

But of course, Juve will win the CL next season. My guts tell me we will. I had that gut feeling last season that we would reach the finals, but now I have a stronger feeling we'll win.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by s0ftcore ] ++
    Real Madrid can tell you that they have Morientes as a bench-warmer, and the likes of Macca and Solari sitting on the bench. Beckham, Figo, Zidane... what a midfield.
    OK, Real have a good midfield and a good attack, but their defence is piss-poor, while we're excellent in defence, midfield and attack, as are Milan, Inter and Bayern might I add, but until Real get two or three good defenders I won't fear them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)