Wikileaks (11 Viewers)

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #42
    I'd spy on UN ambassadors if it was me. But that's because I dislike the UN. I only truly care about the US, which is why I want our troops out of all your villages. You guys should fend for yourselves.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    I'd spy on UN ambassadors if it was me. But that's because I dislike the UN. I only truly care about the US, which is why I want our troops out of all your villages. You guys should fend for yourselves.
    Oh definitely and if I were other countries I'd spy on the UN too.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    I'm sure other countries do that too, maybe not to the extent that we've done. Let's not be so naive. Foreign affairs is a rather touchy affair. Handshakes and treaties in front of the public, meanwhile something completely different is going on behind the scenes.

Granted I'm not saying this unethical action is right. But is it surprising? I mean look at our leaders. They're mostly slime-balls and bimbos.

We may be a world governing body to an extent, but I think this may change that which would be to our benefit.

I wonder if the government has realized that leaks are so easy to deal with if your not doing a bunch of shady shit behind the scenes yet. It seems to me everyone is mad about being caught and not really worried about what was done.:D
    Not saying other are innocent, but the actions of the super power is allways way more damaging/influential.

And no not suprising for some, but most of the world needs confirmation of shit like this.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    I wonder if the government has realized that leaks are so easy to deal with if your not doing a bunch of shady shit behind the scenes yet. It seems to me everyone is mad about being caught and not really worried about what was done.:D
    And btw, lol at this part :lol:

Apr 17, 2009
    I don't think the government would intentionally leak stuff. A small part of it is about Iran.

Most of it is just embarrassing anecdotes from our state department, especially the attempts to trade Obama for Gitmo prisoners and Clinton's order to spy on the UN. That shit's funny, but probably extremely embarrassing to the government. Not to mention the leaks have probably alienated much of Europe from our side. I doubt the government would go through all that just to get at Iran.

And them you consider that the founder isn't even an American.
    Dude that shit is down right embarrassing. Even more embarrassing is the sad fact that the former Premier of Bermuda, Dr. Ewart 'the jackass' Brown actually accepted that invitation, simply because he's a limelight grabbing whore and would probably have sold his children to meet Obama. It was probably just a rumor but I also heard that the US paid us(Bermuda as a country) a couple mils to take them too.

Yeah Obama met with him and yeah we ended up with 4 Gitmo prisoners. Who now live on the island and work, they've also been granted permanent residency, although no passports, and they won't be eligible for a British one either so they're pretty much confined to the island forever.

But yeah for the longest while they were given $50k+(American dollars) a year jobs on the PGA golf course here. They were employed up to until pretty recently when they had to be let go because some 8% of locals are without jobs due to the recession.

It really was an embarrassment. No one was consulted before hand(especially Britain since we're still a commonwealth) and there were numerous protests on the Cabinet House calling for the Premiers resignation. He recently stepped down too. I really can't stand politicians who use a country for their own personal agenda and fulfillment.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Dude that shit is down right embarrassing. Even more embarrassing is the sad fact that the former Premier of Bermuda, Dr. Ewart 'the jackass' Brown actually accepted that invitation, simply because he's a limelight grabbing whore and would probably have sold his children to meet Obama. It was probably just a rumor but I also heard that the US paid us(Bermuda as a country) a couple mils to take them too.

Yeah Obama met with him and yeah we ended up with 4 Gitmo prisoners. Who now live on the island and work, they've also been granted permanent residency, although no passports, and they won't be eligible for a British one either so they're pretty much confined to the island forever.

But yeah for the longest while they were given $50k+(American dollars) a year jobs on the PGA golf course here. They were employed up to until pretty recently when they had to be let go because some 8% of locals are without jobs due to the recession.

It really was an embarrassment. No one was consulted before hand(especially Britain since we're still a commonwealth) and there were numerous protests on the Cabinet House calling for the Premiers resignation. He recently stepped down too. I really can't stand politicians who use a country for their own personal agenda and fulfillment.
    Yeah, it's embarrassing for everyone.

I just read about the Duke of York's opinion of the rest of the world and damn if I thought my fellow Americans were off color.:D

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002

Holy shit, I havent heard about this, thats exactly the reason they chose a tiny little place like Bermuda, so pathetic shit like this goes unnoticed.

Apr 17, 2009
    Holy shit, I havent heard about this, thats exactly the reason they chose a tiny little place like Bermuda, so pathetic shit like this goes unnoticed.
    Yeah man, when it first happened it was even on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

Died down a lot though and like you said a little place to go unnoticed.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #57
    ... And all of this is reason to not put faith, or trust, behind government. The founding fathers have always been right.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Yeah man, when it first happened it was even on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

Died down a lot though and like you said a little place to go unnoticed.
    Those guys were Gitmo prisoners that were found to not be terrorists but the US didn't want to send home in case their stay in Cuba turned them into terrorists?

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #59
    I don't know if they'd sacrifice so much stuff. Would just be easier to release much less information, yet have it say so much more.
    They would if the rest of the lot is more detrimental. You have to throw the dogs a bone once in a while.

And to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if they sacrifice a JPM for a GS, if you know what I mean. Or a few thousand citizens.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Those guys were Gitmo prisoners that were found to not be terrorists but the US didn't want to send home in case their stay in Cuba turned them into terrorists?
    I know the sitautions (especially for the Uigurs from China, couldnt go back home at all), but to handle it like showdown described? How utterly laughable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)