Why would Juve want Stijn Stijnen?? (8 Viewers)

Geof

May 14, 2004
Look. for the moment Stijn is the nr.1 Belgian and Club Brugge goalkeeper. Silvio Proto, the keeper of Anderlecht is also very good, but he had an 8 month injury an lost his place to Stijnen, who did very well under the national jersey.

He's secure and very consistent. Very sober, really what you'd want in a keeper. Of course he's nowhere near the classe of Gigi, but then again, who is?

Honestly, I think we better not sign him. Because he's too good to be our sub-gk (with Gigi, he won't ever play), and he isn't good enough to be our first gk in case gigi goes.
And for his own sake. He has the class of being the keeper of say, Fiorentina, Udinese, Lazio, ... so why would he be a mere sub?

If Mirante wants to leave, we should get:
- a very very talented youngster (like 17yrs old), but that's too hard to find
or
- an older player like Antonioli or something, who'd agree to sit on the bench, and could step in when needed.

Pinturrichio

Oct 30, 2006
i think that if buffon is to leave juventus, we should gamble on the cska moskow gk, he seams to be really intresting.. however amelia alsoo really goood and i think he might end up with juve or milan

Giannijuve

May 17, 2006
I saw Stijnen a few times. He was really stable. He doesn't make those stupid mistakes you see sometimes. I also think he will learn to speak Italian very fast. He has an Italian mother. If Buffon leaves us, I think we should sign him and Amelia. In the beginning I think Mirante will be our first keeper, but Amelia and Stijnen have the possibility to get better. We will see how they grow. Amelia has one advantage, he knows how big the pressure is in Italy, Stijnen plays in a competition where in some games he rarely sees a ball flying in his direction.
And please let's not buy Antonioli, he is old, so we can't sell him, he has been playing for a long time in Serie A, so we have to pay him a lot and most of all he is (if you ask me) a very bad goalkeeper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)