Why Inter sold Cannavaro… (1 Viewer)

May 30, 2004
Inter have explained the reasons behind their decision to sell Fabio Cannavaro to rivals Juventus.

"I want to clarify the Cannavaro situation for the last time," stated technical director Marco Branca.

"As we already explained after the transfer window closed, it was a choice we made after some important factors were considered.

"In this particularly difficult financial climate, even the biggest clubs must keep an eye on their books.

"We are an outfit who in recent times have sacrificed at least one player every summer with a high salary.

"We opted to choose Cannavaro this time because we had also signed young Nicolas Burdisso from Boca Juniors."

Juventus paid no fee after convincing the Nerazzurri to accept goalkeeper Fabian Carini in a straight swap deal.

The Italian international signed a four-year contract after accepting to reduce his salary from around £3.2m to £2.1m a season.

Although it may have made financial sense to Inter, they could be regretting the sale given Cannavaro’s recent form.

The Italian international captain didn’t have the happiest of times at the San Siro but he has been super so far for the Bianconeri.

Whereas Inter have struggled defensively this term even if stopper Burdisso could make his debut this evening at Atalanta.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Geof

May 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Modo Bianconero ] ++

The Italian international signed a four-year contract after accepting to reduce his salary from around £3.2m to £2.1m a season.

Although it may have made financial sense to Inter, they could be regretting the sale given Cannavaro’s recent form.

The Italian international captain didn’t have the happiest of times at the San Siro but he has been super so far for the Bianconeri.
Another proof of the fact that Inter has an extraodinary ability to turn world class players into crap. Look at the difference between Canna today and Canna six months ago...

rldyu

Sep 6, 2004
i think we did....isn't that the reason why we sold maresca and miccoli and di vaio away? to keep our books balanced???

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
Dear Mondobianconero, thank you thank you thank you, for giving the LOL. :D

I cannot believe Branca is declaring that and Inter fans are believing it.

I too do not know, why, Inter's management did let Fabio Cannavaro go to Juventus. But, on the other hand, can you honestly say that you understand their market policy for the last, let say, 10 years? They lost hundre of millions and won nothing.

However I do know that I am happy for Juventus they did let Cannavaro go. A big hug to all Juve fans.

xziz :cool::heart:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)