Why i prefer spain to italy (1 Viewer)

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
I agree spanish league is more entertaining, especally barca , i hope juve can take lessons of how to make fans enjoy watching their team:(
they playing good since just 5 months....the last 5 years...it was just crap:rolleyes:

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Guys, go to this site, it's the main Australian page for football news. Check out the poll they've got going on the bottom right corner. This is the effect that the media has upon people. After being exposed to nothing but the Premier League for so many years now, people are genuinely convinced that it's the best league in the world :wallbang:

They're asking if the French League is the best in the world now that they're doing so great in European competitions

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
Guys, go to this site, it's the main Australian page for football news. Check out the poll they've got going on the bottom right corner. This is the effect that the media has upon people. After being exposed to nothing but the Premier League for so many years now, people are genuinely convinced that it's the best league in the world :wallbang:

They're asking if the French League is the best in the world now that they're doing so great in European competitions
Yes, and I think it is normal. People in Italy, Spain, England and Germany do believe that their respective leagues are best in the world.

juvesta

Sep 6, 2002
IMHO i think la liga is slightly better than Serie A(Honestly: i'm a juventini thru &thru). The reason i say this is bcos in la liga they pass the ball better. For quite sometime i think i've got disillusioned by the way the ball is easily given away in serie a, even Capello said a similar thing regarding Roma after their game against milan a week ago.

But for me again the premiership falls in my worst leagues categories. This is the most over-hyped league in the world!! What have these guys done in CL in the past few years or their NT(They've even got a swede for a coach who learnt a lot from serie A)??? I don't buy the suspension stuff. I think the french and bundesliga are better than the EPL it's just that they are not marketed well. The english language also i think is playing a major role for this hyping of the EPL.

One other indicator of the strength of the league that i use is, can the league produce great coaches?? apply that to the EPL man and you'll see why i say it's one of the worst. In EPL they've got a swede for the NT, 2 french, 1 italian and 1 scott.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by juvesta ] ++
IMHO i think la liga is slightly better than Serie A(Honestly: i'm a juventini thru &thru). The reason i say this is bcos in la liga they pass the ball better. For quite sometime i think i've got disillusioned by the way the ball is easily given away in serie a, even Capello said a similar thing regarding Roma after their game against milan a week ago.
Don't you think that could possibly be due to good defending? In my local league, the passing is pretty smooth and a lot of goals are scored, but in truth it means nothing because it probably means that the defence isn't up to scratch.

If you look at the Premier League, teams like Arsenal carve the opposition apart with their flowing passing, and Thierry Henry scores a goal every second time he dribbles, but that says nothing about the quality of the league.

juvesta

Sep 6, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++

Don't you think that could possibly be due to good defending? In my local league, the passing is pretty smooth and a lot of goals are scored, but in truth it means nothing because it probably means that the defence isn't up to scratch.

If you look at the Premier League, teams like Arsenal carve the opposition apart with their flowing passing, and Thierry Henry scores a goal every second time he dribbles, but that says nothing about the quality of the league.
Graham 1st of all man i wanna say thank you for your torino WMD picture. It made my day, it was so hilarious.

But to answer, your reply above fits the EPL perfectly. That's what i'm always telling people and i always say that if Henry wants to be king like he's being heralded he shouldn't dare leave the premiership or otherwise people would discover what a normal player he is.

On the other hand i've watched a few la liga games especially barca and the football to be honest was simply beautiful and the defending is not as bad. i think valencia would even given some seriea(juve definitely included) teams a run for their money when it comes to defending but they couple that with with good passing and flair.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)