Why i prefer spain to italy (1 Viewer)

Alex

May 1, 2004
I was a big juve fan. But in the last 2 years la liga has captured my attention. Spanish football shows the world how all football should be played:with attacking flair, clever build ups and spectacular play's from players like ronaldinho, denilson, zidane, aimar,valeron, joaquin, to name just a few.

La liga has the pace of the english pemeir league and the skill an tactics of the Serie A. The attitude in Spain is much different to that of Italy. All teams first or last on the ladder play to win. In Italy teams play for draws and this is reflected in scorelines and scoring chances created. In Spain and England to a lesser degree more players are proven to score rather than just the striker as is the case in Italy.

Don't get me wrong Italy has produced some of the greatest players and will continue to do so. I just have this feeling that foreign talents such as the Ronaldo's and Zidane's would relish the opportunity to play in Spain.

The effect of the defensive style expressed in Italian tactics may be consitent results and grinded out victories but no body will want watch.

After all sport is for entertainment? Lets evolve/improve Juve

(I do love Juve, trust me)

Buy on AliExpress.com

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
i do NOT have the same opinion! u cant still compare italy with spain....there a still a lot of diffrent points!

italy still remain at 1st position cause there are still most of the BIG Teams...we had a couple of threads over this theme in this forum...

hardcore version:

Spain:

Real

England:

Manchester

Germany:

Bayern

Italy:

Milan + Juventus TWO TEAMS!!!!

scudetto version:

Spain:

Real
Barca
Valencia
Depo

England:

Manchester
Arsenal
(Chelsea)

Germany:

Bayern
Dortmund

Italy

Juventus
Milan
Lazio
Roma
(Inter)

this theme is a long thread...

Mar 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by LEC ] ++
i do NOT have the same opinion! u cant still compare italy with spain....there a still a lot of diffrent points!

italy still remain at 1st position cause there are still most of the BIG Teams...we had a couple of threads over this theme in this forum...

hardcore version:

Spain:

Real

England:

Manchester

Germany:

Bayern

Italy:

Milan + Juventus TWO TEAMS!!!!

scudetto version:

Spain:

Real
Barca
Valencia
Depo

England:

Manchester
Arsenal
(Chelsea)

Germany:

Bayern
Dortmund

Italy

Juventus
Milan
Lazio
Roma
(Inter)

this theme is a long thread...
well said:cool:

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
maybe i have to put schalke in germany field...

+ newcastle to england...

but then we have parma(uefacup/cupwinnerscup) by italy...so...:cool:

OP
Alex

Alex

May 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    Forza Del Piero are you a guy or a girl? Because i hold ADP as one of my top 3 players of all timebut ive seen you speak of him as if your sleepin with the guy!! Next time could you show some balls and criticise my views properly or other wise play the suck up game like you do with LEC.

ps: Forza Del Piero my threads don't require your pathetic consideration

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    You can't say one league is better than the other. It's all about taste.

Just like Arsene Wenger once memorabily said:

"It depends which you like more – vanilla or chocolate ice cream? Both can be very good but, personally, I prefer vanilla".

Vanilla being the Premiership and chocolate being La Liga.

Personally, I like the way football is being played in Italy. Here it is very thorough and the coaches study every detail of their opponents and tactics. Every build up is carefully engineered. In Spain and England you see the fancy moves and the goals alright, but I wonder if the coaches really bother with tactics and plans. Its like they are playing a different version of football, lol.

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    Forza Del Piero are you a guy or a girl? Because i hold ADP as one of my top 3 players of all timebut ive seen you speak of him as if your sleepin with the guy!! Next time could you show some balls and criticise my views properly or other wise play the suck up game like you do with LEC.

ps: Forza Del Piero my threads don't require your pathetic consideration
    ya anyway:confused::eek:

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004
    Well..I guess that depends on what you like the most...Some may say La Liga is better cos they like watching it and some may say Serie A is better cos they prefer watching it, so it's only the matter of different tastes and opinions

All the 3 leagues (EPL,La Liga,Serie A) are full of talents...and I would rather say that the 3 leagues are pretty much equal in strength

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Freddy ] ++
    Well..I guess that depends on what you like the most...Some may say La Liga is better cos they like watching it and some may say Serie A is better cos they prefer watching it, so it's only the matter of different tastes and opinions

All the 3 leagues (EPL,La Liga,Serie A) are full of talents...and I would rather say that the 3 leagues are pretty much equal in strength
    maybe but i find "the whole package" just in italy...the tifosis, artistic goalies, fantastic dribblings and the best players(and tactics)....all that emotions and curiosities i can find only in italy...not in spain...and not in england

bahraini

May 20, 2003
    but i think we must consider the tittles each one can win
    its very obvious that italy and spain won and can win
    more

i mean europian titles , like CL and uefa, etc

if im not wrong , milan alone has won more titles than all
    the english teams together..

also madrid...

maybe they have fast and fancy way of football
    but not the strength of itlaian and spanish..

i really wonder ehy they gave them the best league in the world
    2nd spain , 3rd italy??

what the english teams has done ??
    also i think italy should be number one, cuz juve only won
    against the 3 biggest team on spain , 3 italian teams were in semi finals
    and all italian finals in the CL.
    also lazio were doing very good in UEFA cup..

i think this ranking is nothing

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
    You can't say one league is better than the other. It's all about taste.

Just like Arsene Wenger once memorabily said:

"It depends which you like more – vanilla or chocolate ice cream? Both can be very good but, personally, I prefer vanilla".

Vanilla being the Premiership and chocolate being La Liga.

Personally, I like the way football is being played in Italy. Here it is very thorough and the coaches study every detail of their opponents and tactics. Every build up is carefully engineered. In Spain and England you see the fancy moves and the goals alright, but I wonder if the coaches really bother with tactics and plans. Its like they are playing a different version of football, lol.
    good post :)

yeah.. the quality between these top three leagues are too narrow that the "taste" factor kicks in.

Aug 1, 2003
    Depends on taste really. I for one don't think so-and-so is the best league or what just because they have bigger teams there. I personally prefer Serie A above all else and trust me it has nothing to do with Juve. I just enjoy their football and up to this day. It is the most perfect art of football IMO, football at its toughest and survival of the fittest at its best. The defence is good, so is the attack. There's a balance and the fact that it's tough is even better because you get to see better players! :extatic:

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    good post :)
    Thanks Majed :)

++ [ originally posted by bahraini ] ++
    but i think we must consider the tittles each one can win
    its very obvious that italy and spain won and can win
    more

i mean europian titles , like CL and uefa, etc

if im not wrong , milan alone has won more titles than all
    the english teams together..

also madrid...

maybe they have fast and fancy way of football
    but not the strength of itlaian and spanish..

i really wonder ehy they gave them the best league in the world
    2nd spain , 3rd italy??

what the english teams has done ??
    English teams won less simply because they were banned from Europe after the Heysel tragedy.

But English teams (Liverpool and Nott Forest) were ruling Europe in the late '70s.

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    Depends on taste really. I for one don't think so-and-so is the best league or what just because they have bigger teams there. I personally prefer Serie A above all else and trust me it has nothing to do with Juve. I just enjoy their football and up to this day. It is the most perfect art of football IMO, football at its toughest and survival of the fittest at its best. The defence is good, so is the attack. There's a balance and the fact that it's tough is even better because you get to see better players! :extatic:
    :thumb:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    English teams won less simply because they were banned from Europe after the Heysel tragedy.

But English teams (Liverpool and Nott Forest) were ruling Europe in the late '70s.
    But look at the past few decades of CL finals. How many times has an English team played in them and how many times have they won?

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
    But look at the past few decades of CL finals. How many times has an English team played in them and how many times have they won?
    I know, only Man Utd made it in '98.

But I assumed bahraini was referring to total wins so I said the English teams were affected by the European ban and would certainly win less due to that.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

But I assumed bahraini was referring to total wins so I said the English teams were affected by the European ban and would certainly win less due to that.
    you mean 1999 :angel:

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004

U mean in 99 against Bayern Munich

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)