Why are Serie A clubs doing well in Euorpe this year? (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
I'd rather see Juve and Milan go to the next round and not Roma or Inter. They are just wasting spots for teams that are good to watch.

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
I don't think Roma have a chance to go through the next round. They were just fortunate to have quilified for the 2nd round. But Inter, no matter how unattractive their football is, have a high possibility of qualifying though. Anyway, Juve and Milan will have no problems with qualifying.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by primo_mp ] ++
I don't think Roma have a chance to go through the next round. They were just fortunate to have quilified for the 2nd round. But Inter, no matter how unattractive their football is, have a high possibility of qualifying though. Anyway, Juve and Milan will have no problems with qualifying.
Roma are weak this year. They will falter and fail in the face of adversity.

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
Totally agree. Roma won't be able to qualify, but Inter, Juve and Milan most certainly will. All of these three teams have what is required to qualify. They have strong squads, great coaches and a fighting spirit. Plus, they have finally realised that leading with 1-0 isn't always enough.

Finally.:groan::thumb:

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
Yeah, thats the difference nowadays. They always try to get insurance goals. I mean, they always aim to get insurance goals, not just try.

Jul 12, 2002
You wold think that the simple term "insurance" goals would have done it for them, but obivously somebody drew them a diagram or some such.

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
In my opinion we should be against inter and roma when we are talking about seria A and coppa italia....

but we have to be in their side when we talk about CL because they are italian...

We should be all against Real Madrid & co. :yuck:

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ahmed ] ++
In my opinion we should be against inter and roma when we are talking about seria A and coppa italia....

but we have to be in their side when we talk about CL because they are italian...

We should be all against Real Madrid & co. :yuck:
And why should I be for only Italian teams and against Real Madrid? As long as you play attractive football, I am all for you irrespective of which country you are at

Jul 12, 2002
While I can see Denco's point, that would apply to everyone excpet Real Madrid. Real plays attractive football, but they don't do attractive football if you catch my meaning there.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
And why should I be for only Italian teams and against Real Madrid? As long as you play attractive football, I am all for you irrespective of which country you are at
well honestly it depends a lot on what your principle is...some people will like attractive teams, others will like the team they support even if they play football with the sole intent of putting people to sleep...

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
IMHO, i don't think Real Madrid as a team plays attractive football. I think it's inidividual brilliance that makes their games attractive. The old Ajax, during Litmanen, de Boer twins, Kluivert and Co., used to play really attractive football. But Juve beat them in the CL finals.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
from an objective point of view only juve and milan should go through but all the same i want all the four to qualify for the QFs at least.if all four do,do you think it would be some kind of record of something?anyone with any trivia on this?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by primo_mp ] ++
IMHO, i don't think Real Madrid as a team plays attractive football. I think it's inidividual brilliance that makes their games attractive. The old Ajax, during Litmanen, de Boer twins, Kluivert and Co., used to play really attractive football. But Juve beat them in the CL finals.
If you're trying to point out that attractive football (though nice to watch) doesn't easily win you trophees and is usually not very effective, then you're right. The Dutch NT is arguably the best example of that.

So sometimes it's good to play boring but effecient football, even if Juve does it. As long as it doesn't become a habit!

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
in reply to Erik

Yes, the Dutch NT is one solid example of attractive football. And Juve does give flashes of attractiveness but if they're not, they still manage to at least get a good result.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)