Why are Serie A clubs doing well in Euorpe this year? (1 Viewer)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
the argentines think the beauty of their team's football is more important than results.

views,anyone?
I am not sure I agree with that as Argentina play to win at all costs and are not averse to the odd cynism to get results

They do have some outstanding individuals though perhaps the best in the world but however they win they do not mind and even though they make look like pretty boys like Aimar, they have a mean streak

Argentina do not attack you for 90 minutes no matter how much superior they are to you and will be happy to grind out a 1-0 result unlike the dutch or even Brazil who will always want to outscore and outplay you

I still maintain Real Madrid play very attractive football and its only out of spite that this is denied by certain ppl

Jan 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
And why should I be for only Italian teams and against Real Madrid? As long as you play attractive football, I am all for you irrespective of which country you are at
So you are not a true fan are you? You better not switch over to the Milan forums since they're playing more attractive football nowadays:fero:

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Christian_Vieri ] ++
So you are not a true fan are you? You better not switch over to the Milan forums since they're playing more attractive football nowadays:fero:
That was hardly his point. He simply meant that Italian teams are not any better than any other team. Beside Juve (obviously) he'd like to see the best teams go through no matter the country of origin. I agreee on that point.

OP
Jun-hide

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #65
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    I am not sure I agree with that as Argentina play to win at all costs and are not averse to the odd cynism to get results

They do have some outstanding individuals though perhaps the best in the world but however they win they do not mind and even though they make look like pretty boys like Aimar, they have a mean streak

Argentina do not attack you for 90 minutes no matter how much superior they are to you and will be happy to grind out a 1-0 result unlike the dutch or even Brazil who will always want to outscore and outplay you

I still maintain Real Madrid play very attractive football and its only out of spite that this is denied by certain ppl
    Totally agreed Denco!
    The problem of Real is though they make it interesting on the both side of the pitch.:D
    I was searching for breath after Athletico-Real match. I must say Spanish is so enjoyable to watch, even though I hate their teams.
    ;).
    Good point on Aimar. I find it hard Aimar is considered to be a good boy. He does have a mean streak on him. He is cunning though. I saw couple of occasions where he got away even with obvious stamping. However, I must say he is an angel compared to the likes of Ayala, Pochenttino, Simeone, Veron, Bati and Gallardo. They are pretty dirty lot you know.
    I believe Zanetti is too nice to play for Argentine NT. He should join the Azzuri.:D

OP
    Jun-hide

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #66
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

That was hardly his point. He simply meant that Italian teams are not any better than any other team. Beside Juve (obviously) he'd like to see the best teams go through no matter the country of origin. I agreee on that point.
    Juve play boring football, no matter how you see it, and I am totally with Rickenbacker2 in this one. Admitting Juve is boring and supporting them is totally different thing. I supported Juve when I was kid and I am still supporting the team. At times we played some wonderful football and at times we didn't. The fact is that Juve is Juve because it knows how to win. Winning has always been part of our culture but certainly entaining football hasn't.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

Thank you Ian, C_V , where on earth did you get my not being a true fan from? True fan of what excatly? Milan are playing great this season and I like them or like their brand of football rather but they will tell you for the past few seasons they have not been playing that well. Anyways there are lots of great football being played round the world and if you wanna limit yourself to the Italian league thats entirely your perogative . I will always be a lover of great football irrespective of who is playing it

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
    Dec 20, 2002
    I'd like to see Juve play a more attractive game. For once I want to see them not mind the defense and just try to outscore the opponents. Now that would unleash an explosive attacking partnership between DP & DT...:LOL:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    Well said Denco.

I will always love and support juve, but you have to love attractive football. As much as a Hate Madrid for their snobby attitude, i will always watch them on the field because they are extremely entertaining.
    The same goes for Milan this season (though i've always liked Milan anyway). I'am also a big fan of Chelsea because of the impact of their attractive football, in the late 90's, on me.

River Plate and Valencia too :thumb:

Jul 12, 2002
    It is all and good to say that you want Juve to play a more attacking game, but we simply do not have the players to handle it. We would need a good left midfielder, Brighi would be perfect, but he is not here, and we would need defenders that can handle it on their own and still get into the attack. Tudor and Thuram are currently proficient at that, but we would need a fast left back and a better central defender; Hofland, Marquez, or Chivu would do fine. Without these type of players, we can't simply "unleash" our attack without collapsing on the counter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)