who would you say was the greatest player to ever play for juve? (1 Viewer)

OP

Mullarkey

Jun 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    ok maybe not the best during his tiome at juve but surley you cannot argue he is one of the all time great strikers.

below is his record for the mighty liverpool

Date of Birth: 20-10-1961
    Debut: 13th December 1980 v Ipswich Town (A) Football League Division One: drew 1-1
    1st team games: 658
    1st team goals: 346
    Other clubs: Chester City, Juventus, Leeds United, Wrexham (player-coach), Sydney Olympic (Australia)
    International caps: 73 (Wales)
    International goals while with Liverpool: 26
    Honours with Liverpool: First Division Championship 1981/82, 1982/83, 1983/84, 1985/86 & 1989/90, FA Cup 1986, 1989 & 1992, League (Milk/Coca Cola) Cup 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984 & 1995, European Cup 1984, Charity Shield 1982, 1986 (shared), 1989, 1990 (shared), Screen Sport Super Cup 1987
    Birth Place: St Asaph (Wales)

a true liverpool legend ,

a former juve player.

respect is deserved.

youll never walk alone

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    I thought we were discussing Juve's greatest players not Liverpool's ;)

Rush will never feature in the top 10 Juve players of all time; he wouldn`t even feature in the top 1000 :D

Platini.. He dedciated the frist Champian League to all juve's fans all over the world....
    Just cos he dedicated it to all fans? That's a silly reason ;) All players dedicate it to the fans :)

Best player ever, as discussed in other thread, must be one between Sivori, Baggio, Platini or Zidane (from the past 40 years)

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
    Ian Rush??!!! LOL!!! There's another Welshman, John Charles, great player and gentleman. Rush isn't fit enough to lick his boots.

Giampiero Boniperti and Michel Platini would be my choices.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++

van der saar??:confused:
    Ian is a full-blown VDS fan... that obviously clouded his judgement. He's far from the best who ever played for Juventus IMO.

BTW... haven't we already done this???
    http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2333

I'll quote myself...

++ [ originally posted by Karlberg ] ++
    hmmm... this is not easy...

Platini, Zoff, J. Hansen, Baggio, Del Piero, Rossi, Ferrara, Boniperti, Laudrup, Vialli... and lots more... There's been so many great dudes!

Hopefully I will be able to add Zambrotta in a couple of years. He's one of my favorites!

Zainah

Apr 4, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++[/B

Just cos he dedicated it to all fans? That's a silly reason ;) All players dedicate it to the fans :)

That's my opinion... OK.... u HAVE TO RESPECT IT EVEN IF U DIDN'T AGREE...

do u think that the team played the same role that Platini had played????

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    BAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zainah ] ++

That's my opinion... OK.... u HAVE TO RESPECT IT EVEN IF U DIDN'T AGREE...
    I agree with you that Platini was one of the best juve players ever, but not cos he dedicated the victory to the juve fans ;)

do u think that the team played the same role that Platini had played????
    What do you mean? :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)