Jun 2, 2003
England

what a team apart from the goalkeeper

James
(west ham)

G.Neville R.Ferdinand S.Campbell A.Cole
(Man utd) (man utd) (arsenal) (arsenal)

D.Beckham(c) S.Gerrard P.Scholes K.Dyer
(real madrid) (liverpool) (man utd) (newcastle)

M.Owen W.Rooney
(Liverpool) (Everton)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ale10

Jun 18, 2003
There are better teams than England in Europe, in terms of players, though England do tend to perfrom alot better when it comes to the actual tournament. I think it will either be France, Italy or Holland.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
I'm hoping Holland but I expect Spain to win it. Very controversial choice, I know but just think how many fans they'll have travelling with them and with those players, they have to win SOMETIME, right?

Kiko

Jun 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
I'm hoping Holland but I expect Spain to win it. Very controversial choice, I know but just think how many fans they'll have travelling with them and with those players, they have to win SOMETIME, right?
Third place sounds good :D

Forza Italia:cheesy::D

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I think England is the overrated. They have alot of athletic players but just lack savvy, and technical capable players to complement the core. Defence on highlights looks extremely average even I have to admit Rio Ferdinand looked quite special in World CUp.:).
Scholes, is decent attacking midfielder in the international stage but no know. Beck is very good player, and one of the best right winger. But right wingers can only do limited things. I haven't seen Dyer that much beside Newcastle game in CL. BTW, was he a left hand side winger?:eek:.
Owen and Rooney, sounds very interesting, but I suspect they will be lightweight as a pair. I am not a hard follower on traditional little and large combo, but I am not a fan of two undersized forward either, especially if player is midget like Michael. Nonetheless, England does have competetive team, and in cup competetion, anything is possible. It is all about hitting right form at right time. Had the WC started 1year earlier than I would have bet my house that it would have been Italia, Argentina final. But both team came with horrible form, especially Italia and got punished. In Italia's case, they had to play against a squad of biased referees.:sad:.
Any decent team can win it, with Italia, France, Spain for me has to be the favorites. England, Netherlands, Portugal being the host, has legitimate chance of winning it. Turkey, could be the dark horse, as it seems now they have the depth in the squad which they didn't have in the previous tournament.:devil:. Czech, Denmark, Romania, Germany then you are stretching your imagination...:D:). I heart will be rooting for Italia, but may the best win.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
If Denmark sacks Morten Olsen, they will win this tournament again. There's no doubt! :D
They no longer depend on one or two players, but play as a team... just like in 92'.

A more serious thought not influenced by my nationality...
Denmark like any other country can win it. But my favorites would be Holland and Italy. They both play beautiful football, the kind I like... Holland the attacking side and Italy the masters of defence. I would love to see them in the final. Remember the Euro 2000 semifinal? Great match! :thumb:

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
Czech, Denmark, Romania, Germany then you are stretching your imagination...:D:).
and why is that?
The Czechs, Danes and Germans have done very well in this tournament in the past. They all have competent and solid teams. I would certainly not exclude any of theese teams. Especially not the Germans. They always get far in big tournaments like this, I hate that they do... but that's beside the point.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Karlberg ] ++

and why is that?
The Czechs, Danes and Germans have done very well in this tournament in the past. They all have competent and solid teams. I would certainly not exclude any of theese teams. Especially not the Germans. They always get far in big tournaments like this, I hate that they do... but that's beside the point.
I think they can win it, but it will be hell of a shock.;). I do believe that Denmark, Germany, and Czech will do well, just winning the competetion is very hard.:). I will be looking forward to seeing Denmark and Czech in my TV set because, these two countries have impressed me tremendously. Czech played extremely well against the mighty Dutch, and Baros had a gut to clash with Stam.:eek:. Denmark impressed me tremendously with their game against Norway. You certainly have very good organized team with good midfield players, but, i do have to be brutally honest, I think big boys in the end will win it.:stuckup:. But, I am certainly not saying that you will have bad tournament. Danish football seems to be on the rise, looking as a outsider, and that WC was hardly a fluke.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
I guess it would be a shock if Denmark or the Czechs win it, but not if Germany wins (god forbid!) They're one of the "big boys" in european football. I wouldn't be surprised, just pissed and suicidal :D

But I see your point. Denmark and the Czech Republic are outsiders, and they always will be. But remember! Each big tournament always brings a big surprise or two.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
England? Not in a million years IMO.

At the moment, the Czechs look very sharp, as does Holland. Denmark is not bad, I have little confidence in Germany and both Italy and Spain should make the attendance list. France is an open question at the moment, can they integrate into a winning team in time?

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
France is an open question at the moment, can they integrate into a winning team in time?
Watching them at the Confederations Cup, I am not impressed. But then again, it is a small and silly tournament, and they're missing some key players/stars.

I think they'll be among last 4, but I hope they don't win it again. It's Italy's or Holland's turn! :)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Yes I do think so but I find it troublesome that they've played around Zidane for so many years and now there's noone to replace him. I don't see Santini calling Carriere or anyone else to step into that position either. You never know, 2 games away from the World Cup for Zizou was all it took to eliminate France. At the moment they look nothing like the French team of 2000/2001. But even when they've been on fire (15 points in 5 games), their group is an easy one and Israel made them struggle, even with Zidane.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Yes I do think so but I find it troublesome that they've played around Zidane for so many years and now there's noone to replace him. I don't see Santini calling Carriere or anyone else to step into that position either. You never know, 2 games away from the World Cup for Zizou was all it took to eliminate France. At the moment they look nothing like the French team of 2000/2001. But even when they've been on fire (15 points in 5 games), their group is an easy one and Israel made them struggle, even with Zidane.
hmmm... you're right. They do depend on Zizou to much. But they still have time to transform their game. Santini needs to do one of two things. Either pray for a miracle that brings the real France back, or pray for a miracle that'll make the players independent of players like Zizou.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Karlberg ] ++
I guess it would be a shock if Denmark or the Czechs win it, but not if Germany wins (god forbid!) They're one of the "big boys" in european football. I wouldn't be surprised, just pissed and suicidal :D

But I see your point. Denmark and the Czech Republic are outsiders, and they always will be. But remember! Each big tournament always brings a big surprise or two.
I know the feeling!:D. I know Danish, who has done very well in the WC past may laugh at this, I went absolutely nuts with out first win in the tournament against Russians.:D:p:touched:.

As for the surprise package, yeah sure every tournament has surprise packages, with Cameroon in WC 1990, Bulgaria in WC 1994, Croatia in WC 1998, Denmark in Euro 1992,;), Czechs Euro 1996, Koreans, Turks in WC2002, and Turks in Euro 2000.
So you are right, who knows?;)

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Italy should Do ;)
I think Italy and Holland are the strongest teams in europe nowadays so I'm looking forward for a great final Between Italy & Holland in which Italy beats the hell out of holland and crowned the king of Europe.
Forza Italy :strong::star:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by DarkSoul ] ++
Italy should Do ;)
I think Italy and Holland are the strongest teams in europe nowadays so I'm looking forward for a great final Between Italy & Holland in which Italy beats the hell out of holland and crowned the king of Europe.
Forza Italy :strong::star:
Now now, no need to beat the hell out of us; we're not Germany ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)