Who Will Stop Juve? (1 Viewer)

Ferrari^M

Sep 3, 2002
I was certain that Juve would lose this championship, i mean how often do you see a team in Serie A win 3 consecutive titles, but i'm starting to change my mind.

Our transfers settled in very well and are excellent players. We already had the best team last year.

Inter is now losing Crespo and there is unrest in their team.

Milan had a shit pre-season, and they are not much stronger than last year, that saw them finish he season many points behind us.

Who knows we might get it afterall. :)

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
I remember reading somwhere that Glen said that the trophy was ours already. I wouldn't go that far, but deep inside I know that I agree with him.

We had the best team last year and have improved that team with some excellent players. The only team that has the same team as last year is Milan, and we have certainly had a better mercato than them. Also, they have players that aren't performing as they should (Rui Costa) and they have a lot of key players that are too old. Inter have improved, but also lost some players and are down on morale. Also, let's face it; Inter never anything. Roma have improved, and look strong as always. I always fear Roma, they have a great manager, some of the best players in the world, and have made some great signings. But they lack debth, and can't do without Totti or Samuel. Lazio have some off-pitch problems, and doesn't have the team to go all the way. They may be up there though. Parma aren't in it at all.

If we stay away from major injury problems on a few key players that we just can't replace (Nedved, Buffon, Del Piero perhaps(we should have bought sufficient backups for these...)) we will win. I think there's at least an 80% chance we'll win again.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++
I remember reading somwhere that Glen said that the trophy was ours already. I wouldn't go that far, but deep inside I know that I agree with him.

We had the best team last year and have improved that team with some excellent players. The only team that has the same team as last year is Milan, and we have certainly had a better mercato than them. Also, they have players that aren't performing as they should (Rui Costa) and they have a lot of key players that are too old. Inter have improved, but also lost some players and are down on morale. Also, let's face it; Inter never anything. Roma have improved, and look strong as always. I always fear Roma, they have a great manager, some of the best players in the world, and have made some great signings. But they lack debth, and can't do without Totti or Samuel. Lazio have some off-pitch problems, and doesn't have the team to go all the way. They may be up there though. Parma aren't in it at all.

If we stay away from major injury problems on a few key players that we just can't replace (Nedved, Buffon, Del Piero perhaps(we should have bought sufficient backups for these...)) we will win. I think there's at least an 80% chance we'll win again.

i have the same think in my mind....i think last year we were the best team in europe..not in terms of individual talent but in term of balance and team overall....and we dont loose any core player ( yet !) and we just added some qiality backup...not the type of players that change the team but the type that can grow with it... we bought potential insteadt of ability..IMO i am very comfortable with this season'S signing and looking forward to see them in action in the new season.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Yeah Lazio, they're the only team along with Juve, that only got stronger thanks to the transfer market (keeping Stam and Stankovic are like 2 great purchases imo) + a new striker should follow up soon.

Ferrari^M

Sep 3, 2002
Lazio is very good, but i don't feel that they are ready to go all the way to the top again.

The bigger danger for juve

1. Milan
2. Inter
3. Roma
4. Lazio

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ferrari^M ] ++
Lazio is very good, but i don't feel that they are ready to go all the way to the top again.

The bigger danger for juve

1. Milan
2. Inter
3. Roma
4. Lazio
Lazio will do good this year, maybe not all the way, but it will do good.

Btw, why in hell Roma before Lazio? Apart from bettering up their already decent defence, nothing much changed there. They do have a great team, but if they come into the season with the same attitude like last year, they will do the same like last year - nada.

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by *aca* ] ++

Btw, why in hell Roma before Lazio? Apart from bettering up their already decent defence, nothing much changed there. They do have a great team, but if they come into the season with the same attitude like last year, they will do the same like last year - nada .
like that would be a bad thing :D

K10

Jul 12, 2002

Btw, why in hell Roma before Lazio? Apart from bettering up their already decent defence, nothing much changed there. They do have a great team, but if they come into the season with the same attitude like last year, they will do the same like last year - nada.
Aca, don't worry. We got what's most important. A team with team spirit that want to play and entertain. Not cry about money and so on. :cool:

Forza Lazio. We are the best!!!

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
I dont worry at all :)

Two years ago, on the paper, Lazio had probably the best team in Serie A. We hardly got Uefa cup spot and played so many of those boring, boring games...

Last year, we lost arguably the best defender & one of the best target man in the world. But we got Mancio:angel:

From my perspective, Juve, Inter and Milan can do what the heck they want, as long as my team goes out on the field and does the best they can. Titles, Throphies and he rest is less important and if they do try their best, they will come just the same.

Forza Lazio ;)

Abd K10, thats a great signature for Juve Forum:D

K10

Jul 12, 2002
:D Suprisingly they took my sig very well so far.

I totally agree what you said. As long as Lazio go and try their best and play the nice football I am satisfied.

It's amazing indeed. Lazio had the best team in the world two years ago (on paper) and did shit, now they got a totally different team and do well.

Ferrari^M

Sep 3, 2002

Stam

Stankovic

Mancini

;)
I think i prefer Samuel Totti Capello

Don't get me wrong i feel that lazio is a great team but i don't think they have the depth required to win the championship, also playing in the CL, which will be tough.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Based on the pre-season friendlies I think Juve is the most on-form and ready team for Serie A action. I have seen Inter and Milan perform and I got the impression they weren't on the same standard as us.

Inter have problems to deal with and that includes Crespo's sale and the unrest in the squad it created. Without Crespo, Vieri will have to partner one of Recoba, Martins or Kallon and that should weaken the team especially since the 4-4-2 system will be adopted by Cuper which relies heavily on wingers (VDM-Luciano) to produce crosses, but none of the mentioned partners of Vieri are good at heading. Thus, Cuper might have to suddenly reconsider his plans and tactics after the sale of Crespo and that takes away the stability of the team.

Milan had a terrible pre-season and lately faced Bucharest, drawing 1-1. The match just reminded us of how Milan find it extremely difficult to open up strong defences and suffer from the counter attacks, something that cost them alot when facing small teams. Kaka looked promising but I'm not sure how fast he will get adapted to Serie A. I thought Rivaldo would improve after the summer rest but he performed like he always does with Milan - catastrophic !!

Roma lacks squad depth as injuries to key players like Totti, Montella, or Samuel would make the team suffer. I've also always thought that Pelizolli is a liability rather than an asset. They lost Cafu last season and only recruited Chivu, so the core of the team that under-performed last season is still there.

Lazio remains to be one of the most unpredictable teams. Sometimes they look like title contenders and at other times look vulnerable. Again, they don't have good depth especially in attack where there are only 3 players whereas usually a team has 4-5. That lack of depth could cost them in the long run.

About Juve what I admire most about our team is the attitude of the players and coach. Even though we have won the Scudetto twice but when the Serie A kicks off I'm 100% sure the hunger will get back to the players and the winning mentality will return to the team. The good thing is that the team that won last season hasn't been weakened, if anything it got stronger with the additions of Legrottaglie, Appiah, Miccoli and Maresca. Di Vaio returning to his old self is like another new signing and it could only get better.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
When the league really starts, all the pre-season talk will go down the drain ;) Milan will be scoring goals again and winning games. Inter will be fighting till the last match, and Juve winning the league :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)