Who will do most goals at World cup 2006? (1 Viewer)

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by ZAF3000 ] ++

Hang on a minute, this is the first time Sheva plays in the world cup if I am not mistaken. He knows it could be the last. Do you really think he will not give 10000% of his abilities.
No offence, but name one player that will not 'give 10000% of his abilities' when the World Cup is on? Pretty stupid argument, if you ask me.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

It could be anyone really..

Who ever thought that Davor Suker would be the top scorer in WC 1998?! Many ppl didnt even know him before the competition.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Tom ] ++
If the world cup were tomorrow I'd say Trezeguet but since its not, you'd really be plucking out of thin air, with injuries and fluctuations in form right through to the end of the season. Its about which players are playing at their highest (or thereabouts) level towards the onset of the WC imo.

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Esteban ] ++

No offence, but name one player that will not 'give 10000% of his abilities' when the World Cup is on? Pretty stupid argument, if you ask me.
The entire team of France in 2002 or Holland 1992.

In big teams like France the starplayers often hide behind each other in the important matches waiting for someone else to take the responsibility. Shevchenko knows that he is the team's star and the one who has to take the the necessary responsibility in the decisive moments of the matches.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Esteban ] ++

Its different when you know that your country most probably will remember this as "we only came to the WC once in our lives... With Sheva"..
Players give their best, noone can argue about that, but excluding the fact that Sheva won't be WC topscorer because Ukraine most probably wont go far is ignorant.
Ukraine proved during the qualifications that they are here to compete. Sheva scored many goals. He has the National teams on his shoulder, not saying that he is the only good player in their NT.
Sheva is one of the players that is capable of scoring more than 1 goal in each game who ever the opponant is.
I think with sheva on form, Ukraine can do pretty well in the WC, not saying they will win it, rather they will not settle down for only group stage.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++

In big teams like France the starplayers often hide behind each other in the important matches waiting for someone else to take the responsibility. Shevchenko knows that he is the team's star and the one who has to take the the necessary responsibility in the decisive moments of the matches.
Floydian friend :cheesy:

long time no seen..

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
++ [ originally posted by ZAF3000 ] ++

Its different when you know that your country most probably will remember this as "we only came to the WC once in our lives... With Sheva"..
That is a possibility, more likely is that they will lift themselves just like Bulgaria with Stoichkov 94 or Ivory Coast this year with Drogba.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++

Holland 1990

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)