Who will do most goals at World cup 2006? (10 Viewers)

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Baros is not that great of a player, he wastes way too many chanses, at least when I have seen him play last season like 10 games or so...

OP
IbraSWE

IbraSWE

Nov 8, 2005
  • Thread Starter #28
    Nedved has ended in National team i think , and i dont see him as a guy who do much goals!

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by IbraSWE ] ++

yeah , his very good, but will he be so good in World cup??
    Luca Toni is an intriguing choice. He definitely seems to have the ability to finish, he's been on fire this year (even more than last), and Italy has a decent chance of advancing far.

But Lippi's playing style, I don't think, will lend itself to a lot of goal scoring. I expect him to field something more modest in attack, cutting down on his chances.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    If the world cup were tomorrow I'd say Trezeguet but since its not, you'd really be plucking out of thin air, with injuries and fluctuations in form right through to the end of the season. Its about which players are playing at their highest (or thereabouts) level towards the onset of the WC imo.

Hopefully that means Owen, Lampard and Stevie G but I ain't holding my breath

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    No. But he might score early in the tournament, earn lots of press accolades about how "Owen is back!", and then never be heard from again.

He's done it before...

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    sheva wont be a topscorer because ukraine wont go past the group stage. he will score 2. top scorer will be ronaldinho.
    Hang on a minute, this is the first time Sheva plays in the world cup if I am not mistaken. He knows it could be the last. Do you really think he will not give 10000% of his abilities.
    Sheva is one of the rare players these days who is capable of turning the table on every match he plays.
    Ukraine did very well during the WC qualitifacations with Sheva almost scoring in every match he played.. He is an absolutely astonishing player.
    So don't bet on Ukraine not passing the group stage yet. Because if they do, they might run well. If so, Sheva would most probably find himself WC top scorer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)