Who the @#%& is this? (3 Viewers)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Altair ] ++
in africa? who didnt :D
:howler:

I believe that one is Ironsi, Chxta. I may not want to visit Nigeria, but that doesn't mean I didn't get taught its history in school!

EDIT: wait, or is it that guy who launched the counter-coup? I don't know his name :undecide:

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

:howler:

I believe that one is Ironsi, Chxta. I may not want to visit Nigeria, but that doesn't mean I didn't get taught its history in school!

EDIT: wait, or is it that guy who launched the counter-coup? I don't know his name :undecide:
Ironsi never organised a coup. He just happened to be the most seniour officer in the army as at when the first coup happened, so when the coup failed the civilians invited him to take power. He was a good commander, but a bad leader. Was assasinated after 6 months.

OP
GordoDeCentral

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #28
    Gowon... and actually the mideast ws spared the coup d'etat/putsch fashion.. if i am not mistaken it had one in iraq, one in egypt, one in syria, and one last in yemen if i am not mistaken

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

No that wasn't the guy who launched the counter-coup (Murtala Mohammed).

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Altair ] ++
    Gowon... and actually the mideast ws spared the coup d'etat/putsch fashion.. if i am not mistaken it had one in iraq, one in egypt, one in syria, and one last in yemen if i am not mistaken
    No, not Gowon, but they were classmates at Sandhurst...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)