Who is Benoit Pedretti? (1 Viewer)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Who is this guy? Anybody ever saw him play?

Juventus After Pedretti

03/11/2004. Following their abrupt elimination from the Champions League, Juventus are trying to build the team for the future.

One of their main objectives is playmaker Benoit Pedretti. The Sochaux player would be available for around 3 million Euros, however Marseilles are hot on his heels too.
SA Europe
http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/t7776.html

Buy on AliExpress.com

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003

here's what i found on him, from uefa.com:

A product of the Sochaux youth system, 22 year-old Pedretti helped the team to promotion in 2001/02 and has continued to impress in the top flight.

very brief....:D but most of the w/site i checked sed that he's very promising

he did play in vieira's spot in france NT when the latter was injured a few months ago.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
ah, i remeber the name from this time last season. but i thought he was a DM. actually, he was being tipped as a replacement for davids back then.

so them saying that he is a playmaker comes to a surprise. but then again, if he replaced vieira in the NT, i guess he is a DM then.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
he didnt...he is a DM. they always make mistakes like that. they call defenders midfielders and strikers playmakers or creative midfielders..eg. Saviola was joining juve because we needed an attacking midfielder:D its funny though.

Piotreque

Feb 4, 2004
He is a type of playmaker but defensive minded,he is good in defence and also he can create. He is the type of player that we need IMO because we lack craetive central midfielders. He has a great long pass and he is good free kick taker. He was compared to Platini when he was starting his first seasons in ligue 1,but he has a different role and now he is more like Didier Deshamps,so great player.. I saw a Tv programme about him and he seems to be intelligent not only on the field.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Piotreque ] ++
He is a type of playmaker but defensive minded,he is good in defence and also he can create. He is the type of player that we need IMO because we lack craetive central midfielders. He has a great long pass and he is good free kick taker. He was compared to Platini when he was starting his first seasons in ligue 1,but he has a different role and now he is more like Didier Deshamps,so great player.. I saw a Tv programme about him and he seems to be intelligent not only on the field.
A ringing endorsement...let's get him.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
not sure sally, arent they in 4th place.....but i mite be wrong.

he was rumoured to join psg next season, but sochaux offered him a new contract. if he is what pietroque sed he is, then we need someone like him :D

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Agree. We lack a midfielder who can pass and hold on to the ball. We gave away to many balls and midfield and lacked creating any chances. Having him would be great, but I think Maresca can fill in to that role too.

Piotreque

Feb 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++

Agree. We lack a midfielder who can pass and hold on to the ball. We gave away to many balls and midfield and lacked creating any chances. Having him would be great, but I think Maresca can fill in to that role too.
Yeap!!Maresca is my favourite in this position too...But as far as I'm concerned Lippi likes Tacchinardi too much to give up on him.IMO the best central midfield pair in our current squad are Appiah-Maresca.The first is really great he has some unussual defensive skills I really believe in him,he has a very good tackle he is fast and he has a spirit and a heart to fight.Maybe he haven't proven himself so far but I was wathing him many times last season and he was awesome .And the latter-Maresca has the best passing skills in our team I think,he is also good technically we must simply give him a chance to play in every match and gain a form and self confidence

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I've seen him once with the national team and I thought he was very poor. But he has won lots of praise from various outlets, most people seem to think he's really special.

Btw welcome Piotreque! :)

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
Marsillia is after this player as will
3 millions to get his rights , cheap and very typical for juve as they are always searching for the cheapest players
Appiah - Legrotagglli forn example

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
I saw he played once, in Les Blues friendly match...frankly, I dont really think he's a promising star, he made many long ball looking for nobody, he's useless and anyway he looks as worst as chadwick

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
hmmm, would he be like Maresca then?

Togon

Nov 2, 2003

Yeap!!Maresca is my favourite in this position too...But as far as I'm concerned Lippi likes Tacchinardi too much to give up on him.IMO the best central midfield pair in our current squad are Appiah-Maresca.The first is really great he has some unussual defensive skills I really believe in him,he has a very good tackle he is fast and he has a spirit and a heart to fight.Maybe he haven't proven himself so far but I was wathing him many times last season and he was awesome .And the latter-Maresca has the best passing skills in our team I think,he is also good technically we must simply give him a chance to play in every match and gain a form and self confidence
IMO Appiah was not a good signing at all, maybe next season he will prove me wrong (I hope so). For me, he is turning slower than Tony Adams, and his positioning isnt help him winning balls either. I hardly remeber any good tackles he made, neither good runs or searching passes. His first goal-promising shot was the one hit the crossbar against Depor.

IMO Maresca is too careless to play cm/dm + he is injured way too often. His freekicks are awesome (but he couldnt show it very often, couse obvious reasons) but his passing is not accurate enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)