Who has been Italy's best player ever (1 Viewer)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
The "azzurro of the century" was voted in 2000: Roby Baggio won! Totaly agree!!! Maldini also deserve just compliments but I think Baggio is the one who gave more emotions!!!

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Thank you! Second in the official pool was Dino Zoff, an other ex juventino!!! But maybe after Baggio I will put Maldini... I have to be onest...

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
The problem is people only remember the recent heroes. Hard to imagine Baggio has more to offer than Zoff, Piola, Meazza, Scirea..

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Those polls are always subjective and relative because people are but even if they're nothing more than laughing material they're always nice to read!

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
True and are usually biased as ppl vote for whom they like not necessarily whom they think is the best

How do you get a Baggio fan to admit in public that Boniperti or Baresi was a better player or how do you get a Dp fan to admit that Baggio is greater

mate

Aug 28, 2002
????? So you think DP is the best italian player of ever?????
DP fans who like DP but know soccer admit that Baggio was greater, don't worry!!! If you want to see DP is more pretty or something like that, ok, it's just questin of taste... but if you are talking about soccer you must say that Baggio is grater...
About the fact that Baresi and Maldini are great too is true... but unfortunatly (4 them) let's find a defender who won the golden ball... the point is that who scores goal give more emotions... so every time you will try to do a graduations about single players you will see a foward leading it... It's normal...

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Denco... I don't know if you saw it, but you are the only one who mentioned... Del Piero in this forum... The title of the forum was "who has been Italy best player ever?" so his name doesn't have to be here... I think the best is Baggio, like most of the people (Italian or not), if somebody say Zoff, Maldini, Baresi, Rivera, Riva... they are just expressing thir opinion... and I ansowr... Yes, you right, I prefer Baggio but they great too... If you answor like you did... is just cause ther's something wrong with you! I'm sorry....

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++
The "azzurro of the century" was voted in 2000: Roby Baggio won! Totaly agree!!! Maldini also deserve just compliments but I think Baggio is the one who gave more emotions!!!
Can you tell us where this award was from as the Italian player of the century award from gazzetta went to Baresi!

Also... where exactly did denco say ale was the best italian player??

Also ... why is it in general baggio fans are the most blinkered fans there are....

A great player..... definately..... best italian..... no way..... best player ever...... yeah right!!!

mate

Aug 28, 2002
"How do you get a Baggio fan to admit in public that Boniperti or Baresi was a better player or how do you get a Dp fan to admit that Baggio is greater" he said this... is not saing DP is the best I know and that's why i did put this ???????...
The award i'm talking is the FIGC (italian soccer federation) one, I didn't know the gazzetta made an other one... probably the're are others... is normal... I think Baresi also deserve it! I just said I'm aggree with the FICG one... Is just my personal opinion... Just a curiosity... why all this reaction... you didn't know that Baggio is the favorite of Italian's? Last thing: It is a crime to like Baggio in your opinion?

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
No its not a crime to love Baggio and i do not think Dp is the best ever Italian hope i have helped answer some of your questions

Btw i do love Baggio

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++
"How do you get a Baggio fan to admit in public that Boniperti or Baresi was a better player or how do you get a Dp fan to admit that Baggio is greater" he said this... is not saing DP is the best I know and that's why i did put this ???????...
The award i'm talking is the FIGC (italian soccer federation) one, I didn't know the gazzetta made an other one... probably the're are others... is normal... I think Baresi also deserve it! I just said I'm aggree with the FICG one... Is just my personal opinion... Just a curiosity... why all this reaction... you didn't know that Baggio is the favorite of Italian's? Last thing: It is a crime to like Baggio in your opinion?
calm down... I only asked which poll it was!!

As for being most popular to italians... that isnt fact either.... Gazzetta did a detailed break down of there poll.... showing baggio to be popular choice for those under 30.... which also was the most varied sector... the percentage of older voters for baggio was far lower.

Why do you think people dont like baggio because they say he wasnt the best???

I think at his peak he was a great player and have always been a fan ..... but i have seen several italians that imo were better and many many players from other nations that were better...... so yes i like baggio but i have witnessed better....is that a crime???

mate

Aug 28, 2002
"As for being most popular to italians... that isnt fact either.... Gazzetta did a detailed break down of there poll.... showing baggio to be popular choice for those under 30.... which also was the most varied sector... the percentage of older voters for baggio was far lower"

I'm agree with you. And I'm 25 so I did'n witnessed other (italian) players like Baggio...
Can you please post me where to find the gazzetta award? I'm really courios...
If they voted Baresi I'm agree... I prefer Baggio cause he the most spectacolar, and the only who really give emotions but It have to been said that he (Baresi)deserve it, like a professionist maybe he's better than Baggio...

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
The problem is people only remember the recent heroes. Hard to imagine Baggio has more to offer than Zoff, Piola, Meazza, Scirea..
Yeah I think so too. But I think the superstar status is very underused in italy. England have a distinct class of superstars like Best, Matthews, etc, but Italy have underused the superstar thing. We dont overglorify our talents- its the foreigners who do that for us.

Thats an interesting attitude I notice in Italy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)