Who does Kakà remind you of? (1 Viewer)

Dec 27, 2003
I've just watched a football broadcast on italian television where they showed some images of Kakà's recent feats and compared them with some of Platini's actions and goals, implying that Kakà is the natural heir of "Le Roi Michel". The football analysts present on the show think it's heretic to compare them.

Although I was still very young and relatively football agnostic at the time, I think I did see enough of Platini to say that the comparison sounds quite accurate. As I already said, Kakà is a number 10 who can also play in a more advanced position and who combines the tactical intelligence of a european player with the technical skills of a south american, and I think that's pretty much the kind of player that Platini was.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
Kaka should play as a Striker,or he will fit excellent .,though i hate BB milan but Kaka is a super,or extraordinary player.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
The effect that he has had so far somewhat indicates this comparison is not altogether inaccurate. If he can go on like this, perhaps. I know too little about Platini to make a stand.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
I think its a sin and terrible act to call players the next Maradonna or the next Platini. In fact, it's an insult to those great players. If Kaka is so great he should prove it and earn himself worldwide recognition and become 'Kaka' the legend people talk about for ages for his greatness. Like Zidane, who is French and played for Juve but still made a name for himself instead of being called the new Platini. In fact, some madmen prefer him to Platini.

There is absolutely no point in comparing Kaka with Le Roi now. Pizarro banged in a couple of goals last season, was he the new Platini then?

(which reminds me of a commentator yesterday calling Van Nistelrooy the new Van Basten :moan: )

gray

Apr 22, 2003
That's a very good point dpforever. Instead of striving to be "the Platini of the 21st century", a player's ultimate aim should be for players of the next generation to try and achieve the title of "The next (insert said player's name)"

I hope that made sense, it prolly didn't though :down:

OP
Kaiser Franco
Dec 27, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
    I think its a sin and terrible act to call players the next Maradonna or the next Platini. In fact, it's an insult to those great players. If Kaka is so great he should prove it and earn himself worldwide recognition and become 'Kaka' the legend people talk about for ages for his greatness. Like Zidane, who is French and played for Juve but still made a name for himself instead of being called the new Platini. In fact, some madmen prefer him to Platini.

There is absolutely no point in comparing Kaka with Le Roi now. Pizarro banged in a couple of goals last season, was he the new Platini then?

(which reminds me of a commentator yesterday calling Van Nistelrooy the new Van Basten :moan: )
    Where exactly did I state that Kakà is the next Platini ? Please indicate it to me.

I would not compare Van KneeStillSore with the magical Van Basten, but that's only because I am an unconditional fan of Super Marco.

Comparing Zidane with Platini is plain stupid, for they are simply not the same players.

However, it can be interesting to compare some players that belonged to different eras and see what their respective impact on the game has been or is. Vieri for instance bears a lot of resemblance with Silvio Piola or Gigi Riva, even if they played in totally different periods. This shows how some qualities (in this case : physical strength and scoring accuracy) are universal.

The same goes for Baggio and Rivera, Schnellinger and Dessailly, Rijkaard and Liedholm...need I go on?

I'll tell you what constitutes a "sin" in my opinion : to sanctify the players from the past, considering that their achievements are so unattainable that no new player will ever match them, no matter how hard he tries.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    He's not the Next Platini.

In 15 years, someone will be naming the next wonderkid "The Next Kaka", that's how great I see this kid becoming.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Stupendous Man ] ++

In 15 years, someone will be naming the next wonderkid "The Next Kaka", that's how great I see this kid becoming.
    Yeah, that's what i was referring to in my previous confusing post. People aspiring to be the next _____

OP
    Kaiser Franco
    Dec 27, 2003
  • Thread Starter #14
    I've made up my mind : the player that Kakà reminds me most of is Rai. The main difference is that the latter ended up at PSG while Kakà has been lucky enough to be spotted by the mighty Milan.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++
    Where exactly did I state that Kakà is the next Platini ? Please indicate it to me.
    Where exactly did I state that Kaiser Franco said that Kaka is the next Platini? Please indicate it to me.

I was only giving my opinion on the comparasions between Platini and Kaka that everyone was talking about. I think Ancelotti started it.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    Yes he reminds a bit Le Roi.
    Kaka is pure class! ATM I can't find anything wrong with him, also the personality looks fantastic... he looks perfect... sure he is not an alien?:D
    Is not soon to say it: Kaka is destinate to be one of the stars of the next generation!

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Kaka and Platini. Thats a very interesting comparison. Not many south americans are compared with europeans. Although it could work the other way around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)