Who do you think will win the World Cup? (4 Viewers)

OP
Vinman

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #22
    ok, minus Seven whinning like a baby, there has been some confusion here (probably on my part)

When I ask question #1 I want to know who you THINK will win the WC (it doesnt have to be your favorite team...there is already a thread about that somewhere else in here)

Question #2 is if the team you think will win doesn't, who would be your next pick to win the WC

Question #3 eveyone seems to understand :agree:

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Alright then,

1) I think if Italy gets past the group stage, they have all the potential to reach the final and get the cup. Lippi's biggest problem, since he was at Juventus, is finding a consistant group that can beat any team. I am afraid he will try to find this team in the group stage. If he were lucky enough and manage to get a spot after experimenting against USA and the Czecks, then he will grind any opponent on his way to reach the goal.

2) England, as explained before.

3) Etc.

Etc.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    1)Brasil - They should be the favorite to win any event.

2)Nederland - They might be more of the darkhorse but their placings in the last two WCs have showed they have what it takes to move on in a knockout tourney.

3) USA - Recent success has gotten the Yanks the label of being overrated. Are the US really overrated or just overlooked? I envision Oguchi Onyewu standing over Del Piero screaming "Don't Tread on Me"!

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Enron said:
    2)Nederland - They might be more of the darkhorse but their placings in the last two WCs have showed they have what it takes to move on in a knockout tourney.
    We weren't in the last world cup. Kudos on spelling it the Dutch way tho

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003

Yup, Holland will be the biggest flop of the tournement. I see them losing all three games, leaving Argentina and Serbia to advance.

As for who would win it, there are only two teams that have what it takes to achieve that, and they are Italy and Brazil, the rest of the big nations are somewhat a level behind these two.

As for a dark horse teams that could reach far, but not neccesarily win the cup are Sweden, Serbia and Iran.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Ramin said:

Yup, Holland will be the biggest flop of the tournement. I see them losing all three games, leaving Argentina and Serbia to advance.

As for who would win it, there are only two teams that have what it takes to achieve that, and they are Italy and Brazil, the rest of the big nations are somewhat a level behind these two.

As for a dark horse teams that could reach far, but not neccesarily win the cup are Sweden, Serbia and Iran.
    I don't think the dutch will flop. IMO the teams most ripe for an early exit are Italy and England. Italy for the fact that Calcio is being investigated and that will no doubt play into the back of the players minds. England is being billed as the last chance for a certain crop of players, Beckham, Owen, Terry, etc their hype could be their downfall. When looking for flops don't look to the middle of the pack, look to the very top, pressure , hype, too much talent and other things can cause teams to mess up. Examples are France, Portugal, Argentina in the last World Cup.

DelPierino

Apr 27, 2006
    I want Italy to win it because i´m half italian so i am for them. And they deserve it after 1994 and 1998 they have the squad to make it and a great Couch so Í realy hope they are gonna make it!

As second squad i hope that the Chez Republic is gonna make it because they have a strong team and great players in it! Like Rosicky, Koller, Chech, Baros and Nedved!

And i think that Suiss can be an very big surprise in this turnament. They did very well in the Preelemination and Alexander Frei is an great goalgater. And the devense with Senderos and Degen is very strong too.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    Enron said:
    I don't think the dutch will flop. IMO the teams most ripe for an early exit are Italy and England. Italy for the fact that Calcio is being investigated and that will no doubt play into the back of the players minds. England is being billed as the last chance for a certain crop of players, Beckham, Owen, Terry, etc their hype could be their downfall. When looking for flops don't look to the middle of the pack, look to the very top, pressure , hype, too much talent and other things can cause teams to mess up. Examples are France, Portugal, Argentina in the last World Cup.
    I'm not saying the Dutch team is bad, the thing is they're in the most difficult group, however, if they were in Spain's of France's groups, they'd qualify without much trouble. The dutch is very young and inexperienced team, and i'm sure they'd struggle against Seriba, Argentina and Ivory Coast.

I dont think Italy would be affected by the scandal at all, and would do well. England's group is nothing special too apart from Sweden, if they cant beat the other two teams, then they dont deserve to advance, but i'd expect them to qualify to the next round at least.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
    1. Italy - it's my country, and i wouldn't think of being behind another national team.
    2. Italy..........they will win
    3. my darkhorse to win would be Mexico, they have a great team with a good mix of older and younger players..........they will surprise people.

Manuel

Aug 8, 2003
    1) Your favorite to win: Italy

2) If your favorite doesnt win, then who would you pick to win next: Germany
    I don't want them to win, but they might run away with it. As Gary Lineker once said: "Football is a game with 11 players on each side and in the end the Germans win."

3) Your darkhorse to win ( a team that may surprise everyone and win ala Greece from Euro 2004): Spain
    They have to break their NT curse sometime, and they have a magnificent squad this edition.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Italy are my sentimental favourites to win it.

Argentina is the team, I'd say that will win it all though. For my money, they're complete, well balanced tactically and have a nice blend of youth and experience.

The dark horse would have to be Ghana. Yea, I know they're novices at the cup. But, that could prove to be the only inspiration they need. One chance to take it all. Far shot though, I dont think any of the smaller teams will have a say in this tournament as they've had in the recent Euros and World Cups. The big guns are all going to fire this time around. And yes, Italy will be the ones knocking out Brazil. :)

Muha

The Head Physio
    Feb 25, 2004
    The ones i want to win:

1) Tunisia--Italy
    2) France
    3) Czech Republic

The ones that are more likely to win:

1) Brazil.. because of this:

Dida
    Cafu--Lucio--luizao---Carlos
    Kaka--Juninho--Emerson--Ze roberto
    Ronaldinho
    Ronaldo​

2) France.. because of Zidane.. and only Zidane

3) Germany.. because they are playing at home

Sep 28, 2002
    1) Your favorite to win - England. always liked them best, they have the team to do that. hopefully rooney will be fit

2) If your favorite doesnt win, then who would you pick to win next - Italy. probably would be my first choice but they have totti. go figure.

3) Your darkhorse to win - argentina. i dont consider them as favourites cause imo they're arent that good. and i actually dont want them to win. the teams i expect to do unexpectedly well are sweden and spain. none of them will win the cup but i can see at least one of them in the semis.

now the teams i want to do badly - brazil, portugal and pretty much everyone else.

god, im so yuropeen :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)