Who do you compare yourself as? (1 Viewer)

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
hmm....quite hard to say

raul, but he's too ugly
vieri, but he aint classy enough

so i have to say, im pele, only a bit better :D :p

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
:LOL:

Well, I try to emulate Del Piero every time I play football, I always wear his shirts - Juve & Azzurri - and also play as a support striker prefering to provide assists rather than scoring goals, with some nice touches ;) I also emulate his goal-celebrations, most recently the one he did after scoring against Mexico in the World Cup. My friends (teammates) even call me Del Piero on the pitch, and I love it :touched:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Well,I'm a right footed left winger and I can play as a support striker. When I think of a player that plays similar to me I say Pires,Aimar or Del Piero. Pires can play on both wings as can I,and Aimar/Del Piero are right footed players that prefer the left side of the field.

I would say either Pires or DP.:thumb:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Can't say I compare myself to anyone but I love to play in that Del Piero shirt. :D Although I recognize some of the symptoms, like I seem to have to work harder to score in that one and I miss easy chances. But at least I didn't bring any shame to the shirt last Sunday, must have been the game of my life. :D But the very culmination was a volley in the top corner and I stink at volleys, it's like you concentrate all the luck you have in a week into a split of a second! ;)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Alex,when playing football make sure you don't try too hard. When I try too hard nothing works as I want it to,but when I just forget about those things I play great. I remember in 2001,I was playing right wing,and I had a great season. I wasn't thinking about scoring goals,just giving my best and having fun. Guess what happened? I ended up getting the trophy for best midfielder and I came second in the scoring charts with 12 goals from 9 games. In my next season,all I was thinking about was scoring goals,and I haven't scored a goal since 2001. For my school team and my club,I just haven't been able to score because I was thinking about scoring. When I don't think about I score. Hopefully I can break my duck and sore this season.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Well first of all I don't even play in a real team, just with friends. But what I think you want to say is you shouldn't think about scoring. Yes, playing well but not too focused on scoring, I agree with that. Either way I usually miss a couple of chances before scoring anyway, I need that get to get warmed up.

But you know what's funny? Sometimes I lose the ball because I'm too slow, the opponent will get a foot out and can't get past him. So you would think I got issues with speed. But when I get really stressed I can do a lot of moves fast and with decent precision too, it's like I get into this special zone... doesn't happen often but it's pretty cool I gotta tell you. :D

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
i really hate it sometimes. im like more injury prone than ronaldo. it's really irritating :mad:. in comes a tackle, and im out. but still, in my skool tournament, i scored 9 goals in 11 matches. quite happy with myself ;)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Did I mention that in that season in which I scored 12 goals in 9 games I scored a golden goal to end the tournament. In the final match it was 0-0 at full time,so we went to extra time. In the 2nd half of extra time,with about 2 minutes to go I scored the golden goal.:D And I'm not making this up!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by [DJ Juve] ] ++
i really hate it sometimes. im like more injury prone than ronaldo. it's really irritating :mad:. in comes a tackle, and im out. but still, in my skool tournament, i scored 9 goals in 11 matches. quite happy with myself ;)
See that's what I love about playing casually! No tackles, no thugs. Sure I still get injured but that's all my own doing and quite enough to handle.

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
well, most of the time i play casually, but even then st
uff happen. career high, broken ankle :skull:
++ [ originally posted by DP's_Apprentice ] ++
Did I mention that in that season in which I scored 12 goals in 9 games I scored a golden goal to end the tournament. In the final match it was 0-0 at full time,so we went to extra time. In the 2nd half of extra time,with about 2 minutes to go I scored the golden goal.:D And I'm not making this up!
show off :p :D ;)

nina

I would really like to see you guys lined-up in a team and playing a match of two :D But i'm afraid we would have a problem of chosing a "DP" :stress:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I'm sure that would be fun and that is what always comes to mind at a first glance. But then I realize I would be stuck on the bench anyway... :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
You know what just occured to me? In light of playing well on Sunday, if I were supersticious, I would have a big meal of spaghetti watching "Die hard with a vengeance" before each game and coming an hour late... :D

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I compare myself with MIGHTY VIERI : big , strong, and very passionate.

I can't make all the moves like DP, however, I can make 1 move past a defender and take a blast at the net, or be in front of the net ready to receive a pass to tap or head in, just like Bobo (can't say I score as much though !!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)