'which Serie A Side Plays The Most Attractive Football? ' (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by primo_calcio ] ++
We too have weapons of sort, too many to fit in the field. That's the difference between Lippi and Ance. Lippi is able to utilize the squad's talents by improvising. In the process, he discovers new talents and capabilities of his players. Just look at how Zambro plays in the left side of the pitch. It was his cross that gifted DP a splendid right-footed volley against Piacenza. Before, everyone didn't know where Zambro would fit, now that Camo was in the squad. But Lippi was able to come up with something, and it works wonders. Ance on the other hand is a little bit too cautious in experimenting with ihs players. He could field a very (and I mean VERY) attacking team, putting in Rivaldo, Rui Costa, Inzaghi, Sheva all at once. But i haven't seen him do that. And this formula that Lippi has, his forte and the ability to get the most out of his players will haunt other teams. And believe me, I think that it will be a factor on how they perform on either CL or Serie A.
I see your point, but while Lippi had one player who didn't fit, Ancelotti has many. Can you tell me how he is supposed to field Rivaldo, Pirlo, Sheva, Inzaghi, Seedorf, and Tommasson all at the same time?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
[++ Originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ++]

I see your point, but while Lippi had one player who didn't fit, Ancelotti has many. Can you tell me how he is supposed to field Rivaldo, Pirlo, Sheva, Inzaghi, Seedorf, and Tommasson all at the same time?
Ancelotti can't. And if it is possible, he doesn't have the ability to. But Lippi can do these kind of things. He has the ability. That's why Milan are fearing us. And that's the point that I was trying to prove. Juve are able to utilize its talents to its full extent. But Milan dont have this ability. And for this, they MUST FEAR US!!!

:LOL:

Am I making my point clear? Our squad may not be the strongest in terms of individual brilliance. Sure, Milan is more "star-studded". But the collective effort of the whole Juventus Squad is (IMHO) probably better than Milan. And that includes the players efforts, including the way that Lippi is able to exploit them..

Jul 12, 2002
Ancelotti can't. And if it is possible, he doesn't have the ability to. But Lippi can do these kind of things. He has the ability. That's why Milan are fearing us. And that's the point that I was trying to prove. Juve are able to utilize its talents to its full extent. But Milan dont have this ability. And for this, they MUST FEAR US!!!

:LOL:

Am I making my point clear? Our squad may not be the strongest in terms of individual brilliance. Sure, Milan is more "star-studded". But the collective effort of the whole Juventus Squad is (IMHO) probably better than Milan. And that includes the players efforts, including the way that Lippi is able to exploit them..
The record would not support your point.

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
Well, that's probably because we're not in the same wavelength in terms of our views...

You tend to base it on the records, I base it on current performances...

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Statistically, Carla's record as a coach is pretty good somewhat surprisingly.
If I am right he has the best winning percentage of all the coach in Serie A. And you don't come 2nd in the league for 3times without having ability no matter how good is the team.
Also, I think Carla's lack of charisma is allowing Milan's great individual players to flourish. Lippi and Cuper, though good tacticians, have too much egos to manage team of 11world stars. Therefore, in some aspects Carla is better than Lippi.
Lippi, on the other hand, has far better tactical astutesness, and charisma.
At the end of day, I think Milan suites Carla and Juve suites Lippi. Therefore, I think whether Carla or Lippi is better would be answered on the pitch.

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
Well, both points taken objectively...

Let's just wait for the next Milan-Juve match. Now, that would certainly give some answers to a lot of questions. On the other hand, maybe more questions will arise than answers...

Let's just wait and see...

Btw, we can't deny that both of them are doing pretty strong this season. They are both doing better in the current part of the season if you compare it to last year...

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i'm not sure if we play the most attractive football, but i think we look the most balanced side in Serie A.

The way i see it is that although Milan do play exciting football, they do lack in the defensive area. And this sometimes shows and it effects there attack.....eg. Pirlo trying to defend from midfield...not a pretty sight.

Inter are the same, although they seem to score alot, mainly due to Vieri who scores lots of tap ins etc...they do not play outstdanding football.

Juve is different, or should i say Lippi is different. He is able to play attacking football but at the same time, he can defend well. Eg. The Milan game this season. And when you have players like Davids, Camoranesi and Nedved in the midfield, you are great work rate and Davids and Nedved both can attack and defend.

Nonetheless, i dont know who is the most attractive team, but they all play different football, and currently, in Serie A, Milan, Inter and Juventus are on good form.

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
Couldn't describe Juve any better.
Yes, they are the most balanced team in the Serie A.

Milan, attacking football only.

Inter, they only get results. Nothing fancy.

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
I'm more the type of guy that focuses on the results and not the performance. Therefore, I'm very impressed with Milan and Inter, but also Lazio. Juve, on the other hand, don't seem to be as good as in the previous season-focusing only at the results. They have had many disappointing results in Serie A and have been knocked out of Coppa Italia far too early. They are, however, among the title contenders and have been doing very well in CL. This isn't any small achievement, but let's face it: Milan have done better. Inter too, if you look at the results(?).

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
Well, to be honest. I think Juve's main concern this season is winning the CL and making their "comeback" in Europe. But of course, they will always give their 100% in Serie A, no doubt. But if they were to fail in one tournament, I believe that they would be more disappointed not to win the CL this year than losing the Scudetto.

Jul 12, 2002
Well, that's probably because we're not in the same wavelength in terms of our views...

You tend to base it on the records, I base it on current performances...
But is the team that played the best remembered or is it the team that wins the league?

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
Well, to be honest. I think Juve's main concern this season is winning the CL and making their "comeback" in Europe. But of course, they will always give their 100% in Serie A, no doubt. But if they were to fail in one tournament, I believe that they would be more disappointed not to win the CL this year than losing the Scudetto.
That's true. But as I see it, we aren't really capable enough of winning the Champions League. After all, in the past few years we have been struggling in the competition, also against medicore teams. We haven't "even" reached the quarterfinals. And it's not like we had a bad team. Or a bad coach. We simply weren't good enough.

This year our main target is the CL, and the results seem to get our way. But will they in the future? We also have the league to worry about and the players are getting tired. Injuries are also a big problem. Can we despite this win the Champions League? I have my doubts, but of course, I could be wrong.

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
++[ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ]++

But is the team that played the best remembered or is it the team that wins the league?
going back top the previous statements...
exactly, why? inter or milan hasn't won this year yet...
and juve won last year, that's why they are to be feared...

++[ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ]++

The record would not support your point.
And basing from the record, Juve won last year. And they are the opnes remembered, they are the ones to be feared..

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
++[ originally posted by paulo ]++

This year our main target is the CL, and the results seem to get our way. But will they in the future? We also have the league to worry about and the players are getting tired. Injuries are also a big problem. Can we despite this win the Champions League? I have my doubts, but of course, I could be wrong.
We do have some problems. But who knows, luck could be on our side. We need a catalyst to get things going back for Juve.

Jul 12, 2002
going back top the previous statements...
exactly, why? inter or milan hasn't won this year yet...
and juve won last year, that's why they are to be feared...
Point taken, but seeing as this year's competition is completely seperate from last year's and Milan have showed that they are winning more, they are the best team right now. Until some one takes over number one, they are the team to beat.

And basing from the record, Juve won last year. And they are the opnes remembered, they are the ones to be feared..
They are remembered, but Milan are more feared, as they are performing better in this season.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i doubt that juve will win either......but to be fair, not many around europe are playing great. I mean, the Milans are playing very good. Others are not different to juve at the moment.....and remember, its when you hit top form as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)