Which opponent will give us the most trouble? (1 Viewer)

Our toughest opponent?

• Basel

• Deportivo

• Man Utd

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sh@d0w

Dec 7, 2002
i think deportivo will... but so do manchester... both are great teams but if u ask me deportivo is the better team if u pick one of those 2.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
I have to agree with Nekton. Man is in a great form and at the moment looks the most dangerous. Good thing we are playing them (i think) after the winter brake, so that we can pray for a miracle in a shape of Utd drop of form. Plus, english teams always give us trouble :angel:

Depo is not an easy nut to crack as well, but we can and we did handle them pretty good.

But we should definitely not forget Basel. They have the "rookie at CL and therefor an unknown team" factor which is not something we should overlook.

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #5
    I would say Depor but we already played them once and did quite well. Thus Man Utd is the unknown quantity above all here IMO. It's been a while since last time and they have shown considerable strength this year and the past.

jamaliano

Dec 7, 2002
    Depor will be my choice. Man U's style of play doesnt scare me. They will always be a threat but i think we are more than capable of handling them. As for depor, well they really have this dominance over us. It reminds me of the dominance we have over milan. whatever they do, they always loss to us. depor is just the same. Whatever we do we simply cant beat them.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Depor are the best from the three by miles, but it seems we can cope with them now, so I shall say Basel, especially away

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
    out of the three i like Depo and belive they are the toughest!!!

we played a good game against them and we managed to come back with a valuable point from their stadium!

now Man U have been on excellent form lately and were able to beat Liverpool and Arsenal in back to back games!!! its a good thing we will be facing them after the break coz if we played them now (with our current form) i would have to bet against us!

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    Premiership followers would now where Man Utd currently stand. They were poor at the beginning of the season, mostly due to injuries to many important players, like Beckham, Veron, Butt, Scholes, Ferdinand, and Keane. At one stage they were 8 points adrift of the leader. But this is in the past, they have now re-gained their form with two resounding victories, against Liverpool (away) and Arsenal (home). Their injured players are slowly returning to the lineup, with Beckham and Ferdinand set to feature agaisnt Depor this week. So, I believe they will give us the most trouble, besides, they are one of the favourites to win the CL, and they always do well in this competition.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    ManU, I can't believe their defence is as good as their attacking even there are lots of players who's injured!
    See when ManU beat Liverpool and Arsenal :scared:

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
    I also think Man U. Normally I would say Deportivo, but they seem to be weaker than last season, as they lost 4-0 to Milan, 3-1 to Lens and then struggled against us. They are still very strong, but perhaps little less than last season.
    Man U, on the other hand, seem to get some great results lately and could be a real threat with Veron, van Nistelrooy and co all in great form. Let's just hope Ruud will be injured, as he is their most dangerous weapon.
    Basel I think will definately be the easiest opponent. The only two wins they got in the previous group stage was against Spartak Moscow(who lost all their matches and scored just one goal while conceding 18:eek::howler:). On the other hand, they eliminated Liverpool and have the advantage of being an unknown team, so we shouldn't underestimate them.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    If anyone one has seen the ManU-Arsenal Match, you can see that manU is getting back. Imagine what will happen once David Beckham, Rio Ferdinand, and Keane Return?? :scared:

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by jamaliano ] ++
    Valeron will be back for depor next time..................dont be too sure.
    I'm not sure at all, more the oppsite really. But if I should pick the hardest opponent in our group I think it would be Man U. It's strange because they don't have as many good players as us or Depor, and play in an easier league than us and Depor but are still very strong. Ferguson must be quite good..

jamaliano

Dec 7, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by paulo ] ++

I'm not sure at all, more the oppsite really. But if I should pick the hardest opponent in our group I think it would be Man U. It's strange because they don't have as many good players as us or Depor, and play in an easier league than us and Depor but are still very strong. Ferguson must be quite good..

common, EPL is not such an easy league. Its highly physical. Its high on Tempo but lacks in skill and technique. Thats why Newcastle gave a hell of scare to us. They harrassed Inter with 10 men and 3-0 down! Inter just couldnt keep up with the pace they were playing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)