Where were you when...? (1 Viewer)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Some recent big events which when they happen people just stop to hear/see them and so obviously you all remember where you were when these things happened:

1. September 11
2. When Saddam was caught.
3. When France drew level against Italy in Euro 2000 with just a few seconds to go.
4. When Shevcenko scored the final penalty in the CL final.
5. Juve winning the last CL
6. Juve winning the Intercontinental Cup
1- I was in the school.... thenna friend of mine which was late told everybody in the classroom was was happening.

2-I dont remember.

3-I was seeing that game in my house with a friend of mine.
4-I was in a Pizza restaurant with some Juventus supporters and some milan fans too.

5-I was in my house
6-My house too!

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 1, 2003
1. September 11
I was online chatting and people kept on saying Bin Laden's name. I was like, who the hell?

Watching a live Juventus match.. can't remember against who

3. When France drew level against Italy in Euro 2000 with just a few seconds to go.
In front of the TV screaming.

at the stadium, screaming, shouting, crying, whimpering, you name it, I did it.

that would be 1996. I would be 7 years old. Probably at school :D

when was that again?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
1. September 11
I was Sleeping :D ... when the first Plane hit, my grandfather woke me up and said A plane crashed into the WTC. My first words were, "no fukking way...what a shitty way to try and wake me up." when i rubbed my eyes and looked at him, he was dead serious. So, i jumped out of bed asking "Who? What? When? How?" I thought it was an accident at first.
Then the second one hit and my draw dropped...My brother came from outside , and said: "Wow, what movie is this?"
Of course, then i knew it was no accident. i first though: "god damn! It's probobily Japs still sore from WWII."

Watching Milan-Boca at around 4:30am. My Buddy rushed in the door saying: "Saddam's caught!" I switched it to cnn, confirmed the news, then went back to watch the rest of the second half :D

Crying in from of the TV. All Alone. Home Alone. My Two best friends dont like Football (wierd eh?) so i didn't want to watch with them. the rest of the gang already finished applying to colleges so they traveled with their respective families. I still had one more personal Interview the next morning. I slept about an hour only. I got up in a shitty mood, went to the university and walked into the interviewer. this is what pissed me off more: HE INTRODUCED HIMSELF AND HIS NAME WAS DR. Zinedine! I though about kicking his ass, but was too in a too shity mood to even bother with it.

at the stadium, screaming, shouting, crying, whimpering, you name it, I did it.
I was watching the game with all my buddies here in the US. i was also on the phone with my younger brother. They were all so excited (not for milan, but because i was pissed off). i was cussing Trez, Zala..etc.

that would be 1996. I would be 7 years old. Probably at school :D
I was still supported Milan.. I didn't even watch the game.

see (5)

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
1. September 11

It was my friend's birthday. We went out to have a coffee. I went back home, and slept.

Watching AC Milan v Boca Juniors on TV (penalty shoot out) then there was a breaking news on another tv channel about Saddam.

Sitting on my couch with my brother, dad and cousins, watching the game, hoping and praying for some miracles for Gli Azzurri (Esp. for Toldo, he was bleeding at that time).

Watching the game on TV with my bro and dad (who's cheering for his fav team AC Milan)
while my brother and I sat down lower on the couch but honestly, I didn't really feel dissapointed cos I already felt it when Nedved booked in semifinal against Real.

I don't remember, I didn't watch the game either.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Some recent big events which when they happen people just stop to hear/see them and so obviously you all remember where you were when these things happened:

1. September 11
1. Had just left the gym, and was on my way to a movie, when my friends picked me up and told me abt a plane crashing in to the first tower. None of us knew at the time about a second attack.

2. Was flicking through channels when i saw a NEWS FLASH.

3. Right in front of my television set. Was standing waving my Italian jersey shouting Italia, italia.....5 seconds later i was down on my knees cursing the defense.

4. Right in front of the television set. Again. Only this time, there was a sense of inevitability when Sheva stepped up to take that kick.

5. Was partying, when i got back and checked the result on the net.

6. Dont remember.

Qaterminator

Nov 15, 2003
September 11
Sleeping.
When Saddam was caught.
Watching the game between AC Milan and Boca Juniors and cheering Boca Juniors to win
When France drew level against Italy in Euro 2000 with just a few seconds to go.
Cursing......
When Shevcenko scored the final penalty in the CL final.
Cursing......and throwing tantrums
Juve winning the last CL
Jumping with joy...
Juve winning the Intercontinental Cup
Jumping with joy...

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
The 1994 World Cup final?

I was there for 2 matches.

Italy-Spain, and Italy-Nigeria, when I got to see the GREATEST Italian player in the last 15 years, (hint; It's not DP) nearly single-handedly carry the team on his shoulders to the final.

here's a picture of him, for those who don't know. back in his glory days at Fiorentina:touched:

Oh, Damn. I read the question incorrectly. I thought you meant the whole world cup.

Well, for the Finals,i was on Federal Hill, which is Rhode Island's "Little Italy", if you will. Needless to say, we drank ourselves into oblivion after Baggio missed that PK.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
The 1994 World Cup final?

On vacation, saw some of it in a restaurant in Budapest.
i misestimated the game time. So, I missed the first 90" (was swimming at my grandparent's house (Summer vacation in the US)).

Aug 27, 2003
1. September 11
at home talking to my friend
coming back from skool and my driver told me :p
at home wtahcing it GrrRRRrRrR
well lets see i was at home sitting in the same spot watching from the same tv as the euoro not beliving what i saw
sadly i wasnt a fan back then and we didnt get th Cl
sorry dont remember

Aug 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Loppan ] ++

I don't remember where I was.

Here's another one:

Where were you when USA invaded Iraq the first time under George Bush Sr?

sadly..i was in my moms room with the rest of the family ..at the same day ahd to pick up some friends

When Princess Diana died?
surprisngly i was in london at that time i just woke up to see my dad watching the news and i was surprised to see a big fuss on a car crash since my dad hushed me and i didnt know whats going on..
next thing u know it i puzzleed it up and went to spread the news to all my coz in the aprtment and man was london in a morunfoul week! it was sad

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
Gonna answer my own questions:

At home. It was early morning, I remember I haven't been up that early watching tv before school. I think it was around 5-6am.

Eating breakfast when I heard it on the radio. It was soo unreal.

Mermaidah

May 18, 2003

1. September 11
I'll answer only the first two, because they were truly important events as for the others they arent that important to be dated...;)

1. September 11
I was watching TV...

2. When Saddam was caught...
I was a sleep...:sleepy:

:):):)

Mermaidah

May 18, 2003
when USA invaded Iraq the first time under George Bush Sr...

I can't remember....

When Princess Diana died...
I was...I was asleep....when mom woke me up...

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003

1. September 11
4. When Shevcenko scored the final penalty in the CL final. 5. Juve winning the last CL

These are my answers:

1. 3pm at work when a guy came running from upstairs asking us to turn the radio on cos America has been attacked.
2. Watching Boca-Milan and the words of Saddam's capture appearing at the bottom of the screen.
3. In Canada at my cousin's house. Everyone was anti-Italy and I was the only one who was celebrating before that goal.
4. On the third tier of Old Trafford Stadium North Stand all gloomy.
5. At a friend's house...3 anti-juve and 3 juve fans...we lost our voice by the end of the night :D
6. skiving college to be able to watch our team on top of the world!

If you have any other ideas put them up :D
i can only answer here...
actually....
i was home...
everyone was sleeping,
i was feeling my stomack ready to explode how nervous i was....
and when this IDIOT scored.....
i remember being on my couch....crying.
for a week.

and also...at the september 11 i was at the dentiste...
my friend told me to go with her and while i was waiting for her to finish,i saw it on the news.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
1. September 11

I was in my classroom. The announcement was made on the loudspeakers and we turned on the TV. We could see the smoke from our window on the 3rd floor.

In bed. Asleep

Watching it on tv in a foreign country.

Probably doing the laundry

Way too young

Read previous answer.

Qaterminator

Nov 15, 2003

I was watching a match when my friend told me that

I did not know what happened until two days later[/QUOTE]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)