Where is our right side???? (1 Viewer)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
camoranesi is a good right winger,inconsistent but up to the standard more often than not.olivera could be the revelation of the season,he's looked very lively so far and would add alot of creativity and flair to the side.kapo's got alot of potential too.

imo we've got a decent right wing as of now,nothing wrong with it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
agree !!!

camo is the right player for the right winger position, his dribbling skill is one of the better player in the world IMO ( i said dribbling skill only ), but his performence is " consistently inconsistent ", this cost his regular place in the team.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by 44BigBert ] ++
agree !!!

camo is the right player for the right winger position, his dribbling skill is one of the better player in the world IMO ( i said dribbling skill only ), but his performence is " consistently inconsistent ", this cost his regular place in the team.
I like that :D

you gotta give him credit ... at least he's consistant in something! :D

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by 44BigBert ] ++
agree !!!

I would prefer "inconsistently consistent"......

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
I believe in Olivera and think he can become a creative force in the right side, still keeping Camo has a sub for that position.

But i would not ( but Capello will do the oposite) give Zebina the regular place in the right back. Having Canna in the rooster gives chance to Capello to play Thuram "Lippi style" as a RB. I would prefer hundred times Thuram to Zebina in the right back( Lilliam is much stronger defensivily), giving that we have other 6 CD (canna,montero,ferrara.tudor, legro,iuliano). Because a tandem Zebina-olivera in the right sounds to soft defensively and prone to counteratacks.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
But i would not ( but Capello will do the oposite) give Zebina the regular place in the right back. Having Canna in the rooster gives chance to Capello to play Thuram "Lippi style" as a RB. I would prefer hundred times Thuram to Zebina in the right back( Lilliam is much stronger defensivily), giving that we have other 6 CD (canna,montero,ferrara.tudor, legro,iuliano). Because a tandem Zebina-olivera in the right sounds to soft defensively and prone to counteratacks.
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
zebina is good for right back cuz he doesnt attack a lot like zambro, giving the defence a lil more stability.

And Zebina at right back in a 4-4-2 is probably going to get the best out of him. playing him in a 3 man defence doesnt suit him well and thats when he gets exposed a lot.
And at least IMO Thuram is more needed as CB...

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
isn't that pretty much the same thing? :)
No, consistently inconsistent would mean he would never be consistent, never playing two good games in a row. Being inconsistently consistent, he would know periods of consistency and thus sometimes playing two, three good games in a row.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
depends which extremes you take each word to... inconsistently consistent could mean that he's good for 30 minutes, then crap for the rest of the match.. it still qualifies

it's all in the interpretation :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
depends which extremes you take each word to... inconsistently consistent could mean that he's good for 30 minutes, then crap for the rest of the match.. it still qualifies

it's all in the interpretation :D
I think it would be consistently inconsistent in your example. Because he's inconsistent in his game. But his games are all the same, so consistent. :D

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

No, consistently inconsistent would mean he would never be consistent, never playing two good games in a row. Being inconsistently consistent, he would know periods of consistency and thus sometimes playing two, three good games in a row.
You got the idea right.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
camoranesi is a good right winger,inconsistent but up to the standard more often than not.olivera could be the revelation of the season,he's looked very lively so far and would add alot of creativity and flair to the side.kapo's got alot of potential too.

imo we've got a decent right wing as of now,nothing wrong with it.
Agreed.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
main problem with camoranesi is that even though on his day he is a very good right winger and can dribble, those days are scarce. and when those scarce days are on show, his dribbling gets him unstuck and he just gives the ball away too easily.

one thing which capello has brought in is versitile players. and if you look through the squad list and in particular wingers, all of them bar camoranesi are able to play more than just their sole wing position. olivera can play right, left or central. nedved the same. kapo can play left winger or playmaker. zambrotta can play every position on the field:D this is what camoranesi is lacking and i think this may dent his chances of being a starter. capello hasnt got an attacking right back, hence, he'll want someone who is creative but most importantly, consistant. Olivera has shown this so far.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
main problem with camoranesi is that even though on his day he is a very good right winger and can dribble, those days are scarce. and when those scarce days are on show, his dribbling gets him unstuck and he just gives the ball away too easily.

one thing which capello has brought in is versitile players. and if you look through the squad list and in particular wingers, all of them bar camoranesi are able to play more than just their sole wing position. olivera can play right, left or central. nedved the same. kapo can play left winger or playmaker. zambrotta can play every position on the field:D this is what camoranesi is lacking and i think this may dent his chances of being a starter. capello hasnt got an attacking right back, hence, he'll want someone who is creative but most importantly, consistant. Olivera has shown this so far.
well in my opinion camoranesi,even on a bad day,has the ability to turn a game which is a very valuable quality.now that we've got olivera he may be overshadowed a bit but i hope he'll get a few chances to prove himself.when he's not on form,i feel alot of you give him less credit than he deserves because his main asset is dribbling.it may seem that he's playing worse than he should be.he dribbles,if he fails the usual outcome is that he loses the ball.it's that simple.it wouldn't be as simple if he were,say,an attacking midfielder whose biggest quality is putting in through balls cos effectively only one through ball has to work to warrant a goal scored and a good game,and alot of through balls ending up in the keeper's arms is generally considered 'normal' for a team even if he plays well.

dunno if that made sense but i hope it did:D

btw,camoranesi can play in the attacking central midfield position.he's played there for juve a couple of times last year and two years ago in the CL iirc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)