Where does your username come from? (16 Viewers)

Asma

Doctor Asma
Oct 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
To be honest, my username is really lame. My first name is Alexander, thats why I have the A, and my last name is Lackmayer, but everyone is calling my Lacki. Thats it!

Nice story Bes!

:rofl:
i really adore your avatar,Alexander ;)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
swag is short for a pseudonym I adopted a good 15 years ago.

One day, looking for any kind of excuse to keep myself from studying, I picked up the mail and found a JC Penney white sale catalog addressed to me for some unknown reason.

"How can you sell a color?," I asked myself.

Inside, I saw various items of home fashion and design -- which seemed as foreign to a student just recently living on his own as photographs of the surface of Venus.

Then I came across many "swags" in the draperies section. I had never heard of such a thing. Then I came across all the different kinds of swags: turban swags, pleated swags, Georgian swags, pole swags. It was like discovering the whole subculture lingo for people running meth labs, except they instead deal with window dressings.

But when I came across a "swag valance", it immediately dawned on me. "That's it!" I knew at that very instant that this would be the perfect sleazy, drunken lounge singer stage name I could use at Holiday Inns across the country ... the world.

And so Swag Valance has stuck with me since...
:LOL: I like that story. Maybe it's time to get myself a sleazy singer name too :D

OP
Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #46
    This thread is interesting. Yep and its a great avatar alex ;)

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
    My nickname is strange.. I don't know where I got it from..

some folks say that it is a wizard's name or something.. I don't know.. :scratching-my-head:

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    Vin- from the first 3 letters of my first name : Vinni

Man- from the first 3 letters of my last name

Also, all my friends have called me Vinman since that movie "casual sex" came out in 1988, remember Dice Clay was the Vinman

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)