Where does Juve stand in the top 10 world club teams (4 Viewers)

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
1: Barca: Complete, with the extra magic of ronni.

2:Chelsea: again complete, solid, with topclass wingers in duff and robben, and goals from midfield....with droba comin to form..an ominous sight.

3: Juve (for now) a solidish defence, and some seroius qaulity in zlatan and neddy, with camo becoming more consistant. Olivera getting more chances. Shame the golden duo of trez and dp are missing. Gigi and Rambo have stepped up well to lead the team. Imo though we are begining to lack the neddy magic...the midfield is clearly loosing its creativity, with only really camo and oli offering the stuff.

If we wanna stay up here, we need a little bit of magic, either goascoring or creative.....or dp could get his ass in gear.

4: Inter: Unbeaten in serie a, with some of the most talented player, mancio is slwly moulding his team, even bobo is looking better. Is manscio gonna make a winning team? I think so.

5: Ac Milan: Clearly top class, and would be higher were it not for inters huge potential.

6:Arsenal: One of the best teams i have ever seen. Last year they were head and shoulders above everyone imo. But this year they have faultered. Veira was unsetlled by Real, loosing his impact. Freddi has injury problems. Lost the usefull wiltord, and stuck with a useless keeper in Lehman. But they will be back.

1: Barca: I think Villarreal showed us that all is not as it seems at the Camp Nou. What you think? Are Barca loosing their steam?

2:Chelsea: I have nothing much to say about them, except to point out that as their FA Cup match with Scunthorpe showed me, Chelsea may probably lack a bit of squad depth (unbelievable you may say), but I think any Chelsea squad of the Abramovich-Mourinho era should have steam rolled Scunthorpe and the likes of them.

3: Juve: What can I say? They are my team (since 1984), but right now, we are going thru a bit of(?) a rough patch. Moggi please bring out the cheque book. Atalanta showed us that we have no second string defense to act as a cover in case the first string got injured or worse! We need cover. How can Juve concede 3 goals to Atalanta?

4: Inter: Mancini's doing a good job. Can't see any flaws at the moment.

5: Ac Milan: Palermo told us all we need to know about Milan. Trust me people, they'll falter sooner rather than later.

6:Arsenal: Refer to Gray: Arsenal are like a 3 pin plug! They're both useless in Europe! :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
1: Barca: Complete, with the extra magic of ronni.
3: Juve (for now) a solidish defence
:confused: I don't really see how you can say that Juve's defence is "solidish", then claim that Barca is "complete".
6:Arsenal: One of the best teams i have ever seen. Last year they were head and shoulders above everyone imo.
So "everyone" means Wolves, Leeds and Leicester? All Arsenal proved last season with their ridiculous 49 games unbeaten run was that they can dominate in England, but just don't have what it takes to compete in Europe. I'd hardly call a team "head and shoulders above everyone" when they lost 3-0 to lowly Inter and only managed to beat Celta Vigo in the Champions League

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

:confused: I don't really see how you can say that Juve's defence is "solidish", then claim that Barca is "complete".
Maybe he's high on cheap drugs. :D John #10, have you been hanging out with Adrian again? :rofl:

So "everyone" means Wolves, Leeds and Leicester? All Arsenal proved last season with their ridiculous 49 games unbeaten run was that they can dominate in England, but just don't have what it takes to compete in Europe. I'd hardly call a team "head and shoulders above everyone" when they lost 3-0 to lowly Inter and only managed to beat Celta Vigo in the Champions League
Hey Gray, let's not take away from Arse-nal's 49 game achievement, even though to purists it is crap, but records were indeed broken. The problem is just that the English media tend to overhype issues as usual. If I remember correctly, during the van Basten era, Milan :)fero:) went some 43 or so games unbeaten?
Concurrently with the Arsenal 'achievement, Zamalek in Egypt went 56 games unbeaten in their domestic league (2nd best in Africa bettered only by Tunisia), yet we heard not even a whimper about it. :confused:
So it depends on who you listen to, and most of us (I am guilty too) listen a lot to the English media.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Fair enough, it was a good achievement, but when you look at how they performed in Europe, it makes the record much less impressive. If they succeeded in Europe and at least made it to the semi-finals or something, then I'd acknowledge that they were something special. When their non-EPL performances are as mediocre as they were though, I have little option but to put the 49 game record down to the poor quality of their domestic opposition

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Arsenal are bit like a 3 pin plug... they're both useless in Europe

You said that, and I agree whole-heartedly. So please let us befair to them and not judge them by the performances in Europe.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Well then, if we're not judging them by their performances in Europe, that obviously puts them outside the "Top 10 World Club Teams" then, doesn't it?

I'm glad we can come to an agreement :)

Go Arsenal for the FA Cup! :thumb:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Yeah, funny huh? Thats exactly what pisses me off about English and Arsenal fans, they think that the EPL is the king of all leagues, including the Champions League. They think that since a club goes 49 games unbeaten in their top league that makes them the best side in the world. That is, for lack of a better word, retarded.

I still hear people claim today that Arsenal is the best club in the world because of their "great attacking displays." Yeah, they sure showed that against the likes of Panathinaikos and PSV in the Champions League this fall, drawing against supposedly inferior sides. Well I have come to believe that maybe those sides are not inferior and that Arsenal is just an overrated English team. Same story as usual I suppose. Now people claim Chelsea is the best team in the world, "much better than Milan or Juventus" for no reason other than because they play in the EPL. The English overrate like none other.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Yeah, funny huh? Thats exactly what pisses me off about English and Arsenal fans, they think that the EPL is the king of all leagues, including the Champions League. They think that since a club goes 49 games unbeaten in their top league that makes them the best side in the world. That is, for lack of a better word, retarded.

I still hear people claim today that Arsenal is the best club in the world because of their "great attacking displays." Yeah, they sure showed that against the likes of Panathinaikos and PSV in the Champions League this fall, drawing against supposedly inferior sides. Well I have come to believe that maybe those sides are not inferior and that Arsenal is just an overrated English side. Same story as usual I suppose. Now people claim Chelsea is the best team in the world, "much better than Milan or Juventus" for no reason other than because they play in the EPL. The English overrate like none other.
Concurrently with the Arsenal 'achievement, Zamalek in Egypt went 56 games unbeaten in their domestic league (2nd best in Africa bettered only by Tunisia), yet we heard not even a whimper about it.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Haha, you guys should see a poster named "IamEnglish" on Xtratime forums. Its so easily to tell he's English. He made a post saying that Arsenal has more world class defenders than Milan and that Obafemi Martins would suck in the EPL :rofl: You would love that chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
I assume that your member name in that forum is Andr3w.

Please tell that Englander that Martins has scored 4 goals in 3 internationals for Nigeria, and that his appearance in the national team colours has been restricted because most people here simply prefer Aghahowa.
Nigeria is a conservative country where people tend to stick with what they know until it is proved to be absolute shyte. I feel that Peter Odemwingie is better than Okocha nowadays, but Okocha still gets the nod before Odemwingie (as an example).
Another example was that it took Furo Iyenemi's horrendous performances in 2 friendlies before Joseph Yobo was given a look in.
That's my country for you!
Why else would Kanu still have a starting shirt? :pissed:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by chxta ] ++
Andy, that place rocks. I am signing up!
Its not a bad site, but this one is much better and overall the members here are more interesting and creative.

And yeah my name is Andr3w on that forum because some jerk took Andy. :groan:

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Yeah! I know the feeling. Some idiot also pirated my name there, so I am using my middle name: manumissiomuk. Look forward to seeing u there when we have to correct the error of some people's ways!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by chxta ] ++
Yeah! I know the feeling. Some idiot also pirated my name there, so I am using my middle name: manumissiomuk. Look forward to seeing u there when we have to correct the error of some people's ways!
Cool man, sounds good. People do not take too kindly to our truths about the EPL though. However I have back up now. :D

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Chelsea is the best team in England
Juventus is the best team in Italy (right now)
Barcelona is the best team in Spain

you have to decide which is the best team of them all ;)
hmmm, right now I must say this is the deal:
1. Chelsea
2. Juventus
3. Barcelona

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)