Where are you from?? (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by lacrease ] ++
Hey here's where u tell us all about where ur from, where u live right now, your ancestry, all that!!

We all wanna know!
Sounds like a good idea.

I was born in Stockholm, Sweden. My father is half Swedish, half British, my mother is all Swedish. That makes me mostly Viking and that's the way I like it. On my father's side of the family, I have Swedish nobility.

Right now I live mostly in hotel rooms, but when I go home, I either end up in Seatle, NY, Barcelona, or London. (I have flats in all those towns). And I try when I can to go to Amsterdam.

I don't know what "all that means", care to clarify?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
IM from panama,

The tiny place that is between costa rika and colombia.
We have the panama canal, and the miss universe =P.From my country is the malaga´s striker dely valdes.

I live in Villa Lucre, a big neighborhood . House E-22.

I dont know a ... about my ancestors,,,i think my grand-grand-grand-grand father was an italian but im not sure.

And im the 3rd "Arturo" in a row, my father and my grandfather have the same name =).

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I'm Polish, my family moved to Norway when I was a kid and I've lived here ever since. As far as I know I have no cool exotic ancestry :groan:

Norwegians are crazy about their skiing, also very fond of their soccer and handball. Therein soccer meaning the Norwegian league and the EPL. The average Norwegian is slim, in decent physical shape and quiet/peaceful. You'll find few people around here I would describe as energetic.

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
I'm Australian. A few generations back on both sides of my family you find English and Scottish heritage. I talk with a little bit of an English accent :)
As far as names go, I have my nan's middle name (Joy). My dad has this really, really old family name as a middle name (Mouat) that I intend to give at least one of my kids (middle name only, it's a weird first name). My brother's name is a corruption of his grandfather's, great-grandfather's and great-great-grandfathers, who were all John Edward Parker. He is Josh Edward Parker.

So that's my family :)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
I'm from an ancient Dutch line. Mind you, nothing noble, just farmers (or workers after the industrial revolution).

My family has lived in the province of Zeeland (Sealand) in The Netherlands since the dawn of time and I was even the first one to go and study/work abroad when I left for England last year! *proud* :D

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I am Kenyan of Somali ethnicity. We have 42 different tribes in Kenya and it is in East Africa. We have two National languages - Swahili & English. Most people understand both languages.

My ancestry has been traced back to Somalia. No nobility in the tree whatsoever ;) Just that we may have left Somalia way back in the early 1900's.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by lacrease ] ++
ok but we still wanna know oded :D
Have you been declared King of something? If so, why wasn't I told? If not, stop referring to yourself in the plural!

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #12
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

Have you been declared King of something? If so, why wasn't I told? If not, stop referring to yourself in the plural!

I have 2 replies:

If ur serious: If I say I it just sounds so selfish IMHO. On the other hand im sure others would like to know although they arent persuaded enough to open a thread about it. I just put their inner subconscious questions into a thread and made some people happier than they were without this thread :p

So im not referring to myself in the plural, but im not declared king either... although u are free to look at me as a subject looks to his king.

I was speaking for the people. Maybe not most people, but maybe a few, but I am speaking for one more person im sure...

And btw if ur annoyed by my saying we, then maybe ur being a bit too much of a....not-nice-person. Maybe you should take a break and go to bed because u worry too much :D

If ur joking: :D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    I Was Born in the US. My father is Saudi and my Mom is American. when i was a few months old, my parents moved to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. I've lived there till a graduated from high school at the age of 17. Now i'm back in the US.

anyway, My Father's ancestry line is 100% Saudi. My Mom is another story!
    She's 50% English, 25% Italian, 12.5% Scottish, 12.5%Pennsalvania Dutch (whatever that is!?...i think it means German).

Here's something very interesting about my Father's side. My grandfather is named after his grandfather, and my great grandfather is names after his grandfather...and this goes for 15 Generations!! :eek:

:D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    i'm lithuanian. stupid country really. the only thing why i'm proud of being lithuanian is 1-1 draw with germany. i stall cant get over it.
    My country Lost 8-0 to Germany in the WC, so be VERY proud!!

i'ms till annoyed at the football worst performance i've ever seen in my life!!!(if you even call those lost 11 players footballers that day)

but i'm proud anyway :D

Mona

Feb 24, 2003
    I am from the United Arab Emirates.(100% )
    I live in Dubai , the most modern city in wolrd nowadays.
    It's famous as a trading city. :cool:
    The most exciting part is that Dubai has the most luxurious hotel in the world.(*******) I mean 7 stars.:D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Mona ] ++
    I am from the United Arab Emirates.(100% )
    I live in Dubai , the most modern city in wolrd nowadays.
    It's famous as a trading city. :cool:
    The most exciting part is that Dubai has the most luxurious hotel in the world.(*******) I mean 7 stars.:D
    I've been to Jumairah beach hotel, right next to Burj al arab.

it was definitly one of the best hotels i've ever been in :thumb:

though i would like to see some hotels in South East Asia as i hear they are nice and creative too (though maybe not as luxurious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)