Where are you from?? (3 Viewers)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Ally ] ++
Really? In talk it is not so hard to uncover such "pretend that I'm so well- educated" person IMO
I know, I was only joking. Perhaps I should have put a ";)" smilie after that sentence..!

Apr 13, 2003
I was born in Iran and then my family moved to a little town in Sweden called Orebro, and that's where I grew up. But later we moved to the Capital of Sweden, Stockholm and thats we're I'm at right now.

:D

Maiya

Oct 2, 2002
I'm from the UAE, not from Dubai^^.

and about my family, my mother's mother= gandma, is from Bahrain...and my grandba * father's father* is %100 from UAE...

BTW did you like dubai, there is many pretty places in the UAE, you have to come and see it, but don't come at summer, unless you want to be cooked under the sun

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Maiya ] ++
but don't come at summer, unless you want to be cooked under the sun
that would be kuwait :D

we really cook poeple around here :cool:

the-jve-force welcome to the forums ,, khaili motshaker , khoda hafez

Asma

Doctor Asma
Oct 21, 2003
ok..this thread is pretty old :D anyways,i ought to post here...ok..my dad is 98%(UAE)AND 2%(PORTUGESE)...my mum is 50%(UAE)AND 50%(KUWAIT) ....i was born in the UAE,and lived here all my life... :)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Whoa... old thread indeed...

both of my parents are 100% Korean. My dad is the oldest of 3 sons while my mum has 6 sibilings, one of whom died of a heart attack while swimming in cold water at a very young age. My mother's family has a fairly boring story, apart from the fact that her father grew up in Japan. My father's parents on the other hand, have an interesting story to tell.

Both of them lived in pre-war North Korea, but they hadn't met at that stage. When the Korean war broke out, my grandmother fled to the South.

At the time my grandpa was studying for his medical degree, but he had to enlist for military service, but instead of joining the infantry he served as a railway engineer. His crew was captured at some stage, and he was put in a Prisoner of War camp in the South. I'm not sure how many years he was there for, but during that time he managed to get hold of an English dictionary, and he taught himself English using it. When he was released, he worked as an English interpreter for the South Korean government and got to travel overseas a lot. When he went to the United States, he saw the opportunity there and was very impressed by Western civilisation (since Korea was a total hole at the time :)blah: I can see the "it still is" jokes coming)).

Anyway, after a while he met my grandma etc.

My parents moved here from Korea when my brother was 1 year old, and I was born a year after that in sweet Sydney :D

Sorry for the history lesson, I got carried away :embarass:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
my mother and Father are 100% libyans but i live in the UAE,before that i used to live in malaysia,and before that in Scotland(Glasgow).

my family doesnt really have that much of a story,maybe only my uncle,who was prisoned now for 8 years for trying to recruit people to overthrow Geddaffi,the problem is no one knows anything about him since we're not allowed to visit him or contact him anyway:down:,but we've heard rumours that he was might have died out of heart attack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)