Where are the Barzagli People Now? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #21
    Well.. To be honest I don't know how you can even rate the guy at all. He's only had a handful of games for the Azzuri, he used to play for Palermo and they aren't exactly a joy to watch. I don't know where you could have even found the time to watch more than 8 games for this guy.

In fact, I believe no one has the right to judge Barzagli because despite the fact that he plays devastatingly badly each and every single time, the truth is that all of us here can actually count the number of games we've seen for the guy on our fingers.
    So what the fuck does that even mean?

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    When Chiellini gets healthy, the NT would do well to play a 1-7-2 formation. They can't trust many of their other defenders, Gigi is a superman, and they may as well try possession as their best defensive option. :lazy:

It will be like the sweeper days of catenaccio all over again. :rolleyes:

rounder

Blindman
    Jun 13, 2007
    So what the fuck does that even mean?
    Well, to put it simply, I believe none of us are entitled to an opinion on this guy because I highly doubt any of us have seen him play enough to make any kind of judgement at all.

If you think he's a bad player, then that's that. No one's disagreeing with you, but unless you have seen 38 Palermo games which I hope to god you haven't seen, because if you have I would really pitty you, it's unfair to cast judgements on this guy because he might have played amazingly well in the 10's of games you haven't seen.

I hope you're catching my drift here.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #24
    So unless I've seen every single match a player has played I can't have an opinion on said player?

Sorry, but that's pure bullshit dude.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Well, to put it simply, I believe none of us are entitled to an opinion on this guy because I highly doubt any of us have seen him play enough to make any kind of judgement at all.
    What do you mean by enough ? What's enough ?
    Wanted or not i must watch a lot of serie A and i believe i've seen Barzagli at least 15 times with Palermo and i've also seen him around 5-10 times with his NT.
    If that's not enough then ok, but i'm sure that watching a player on at least 10 matches is enough to make a judgement.

Slow_Roll

In Love with a Feelin'
    Mar 4, 2008
    I think Chiellini-Cannavaro will be a good partnership with Legro and Gamberini providing back-up. If judging Italy by this performance not only the defense sucked but the team in general had a hard time coping with Cyprus, I mean Cyprus FFS. It seems even Lippi doesn't rate Barzagli anymore as he was a substitute, and the only reason for that is that there isn't quality CBs in Italy besides Cannavaro and Chiellini. We better hope some of those (Criscito, Bocchetti, Santacroce etc.) youngters turn up good.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003

If you think he's a bad player, then that's that. No one's disagreeing with you, but unless you have seen 38 Palermo games which I hope to god you haven't seen, because if you have I would really pitty you, it's unfair to cast judgements on this guy because he might have played amazingly well in the 10's of games you haven't seen.

I hope you're catching my drift here.
    The trouble is by this rule, most players will retire internationally before they've accumulated enough NT play for anybody to fairly cast judgment on them. Sure, you can throw in club play into the mix, but here it's the NT play that matters. Milan Baros, anyone?

It's then almost as if you're suggesting that no one is qualified to pass judgment on 95%+ of the players in the WC or Euro.

As if we're gonna keep our mouths shut...

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #28
    I've seen Barzagli all the times he has played against us in Serie A, so probably 8 matches or so, not to mention the matches he's played against Inter, Milan, Roma, etc, so probably at least 14 matches alone. AT LEAST.

Then at least 6 matches with the Azzurri.

Meaning, I've seen at least 20 matches with Barzagli on the pitch. If that's not enough to judge, I don't know what the fuck is.

rounder

Blindman
    Jun 13, 2007
    So unless I've seen every single match a player has played I can't have an opinion on said player?

Sorry, but that's pure bullshit dude.
    I didn't say you have to see every match but at least an abundant number of matches before you truly judge his abilities. He may have been on bad form for a month or two and you may have seen him play in these two months while he was stunning all year round.

What do you mean by enough ? What's enough ?
    Wanted or not i must watch a lot of serie A and i believe i've seen Barzagli at least 15 times with Palermo and i've also seen him around 5-10 times with his NT.
    If that's not enough then ok, but i'm sure that watching a player on at least 10 matches is enough to make a judgement.
    If you've seen him about 25 times then I think you can rate the player easilly. I don't believe you have seen that many games in any case, I don't knw\ow why you would waste time on Palermo anyway.

No, ten games in my opinon is nowhere close to enough to make a real judgement on a player. It's because I believe a player can be on very good form for one or two months but play like shit for the rest of the year, or vice versa.

rounder

Blindman
    Jun 13, 2007
    The trouble is by this rule, most players will retire internationally before they've accumulated enough NT play for anybody to fairly cast judgment on them. Sure, you can throw in club play into the mix, but here it's the NT play that matters. Milan Baros, anyone?

It's then almost as if you're suggesting that no one is qualified to pass judgment on 95%+ of the players in the WC or Euro.

As if we're gonna keep our mouths shut...
    That's exactly what I'm trying to say in fact.

I remember a certain Odonkor that was in sublime form for Germany, he was even a fan favourite. I don't think we've heard that name too often ever since world cup 2006.
    I can sit here all day and give you countless examples of players that shine in a certain competition then suddenly disappear.

If you think it's ok to judge a player based on a certain Euro or world cup then 90% of the people would label Del piero as pure rubbish. We all know that's not true because some of us have been seeing him play for almost a decade and therefore you would always see Juventini defending Del piero not just because he is a club icon, but because we have seen enough of his games to be completely aware of what he's capable of. While Barcelona or Madrid fans that only see him in world cups and Euros, ( 8 to 16 games) will not have too many good things to day about him.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    If you've seen him about 25 times then I think you can rate the player easilly. I don't believe you have seen that many games in any case, I don't knw\ow why you would waste time on Palermo anyway.

No, ten games in my opinon is nowhere close to enough to make a real judgement on a player. It's because I believe a player can be on very good form for one or two months but play like shit for the rest of the year, or vice versa.
    Thanks for indirectly saying that i'm lying.
    I sell bets, btw. It's consisted of writing previews about the serie A matches, making a prediction for the matches i chose and then write a few sentences about the matches when they finish.
    So (and that's why i previously said wanted or not) i must watch all the matches i'm predicting. Usually i watch 5 matches per round. The Saturday afternoon and saturday evening match, i watch 2 matches on Sunday afternoon (one on tv and one via streaming) and i watch the Sunday evening match.
    Of course, one of them is the Juve match.

I said 15 times minimum, but when i think of it i'm pretty sure i watched Barzagli for Palermo more than 15 times.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #32
    Utterly ridiculous argument. If 20 times isn't enough to pass judgement on a player, then you sir Juve Revolution better retract all the judgements you have made on all players barring Juventus players, because surely you don't have the capability to judge players such as Poulsen, Mellberg, etc. By your own logic.

This nonsense just doesn't make any sense. Apparently we can never pass judgement on a player because we never watch every single match they play. Very pitiful argument, no offense.

rounder

Blindman
    Jun 13, 2007
    Utterly ridiculous argument. If 20 times isn't enough to pass judgement on a player, then you sir Juve Revolution better retract all the judgements you have made on all players barring Juventus players, because surely you don't have the capability to judge players such as Poulsen, Mellberg, etc. By your own logic.
    This nonsense just doesn't make any sense. Apparently we can never pass judgement on a player because we never watch every single match they play. Very pitiful argument, no offense.
    Find a judgement I have made on any of the players you have listed and I will eat my tongue. I am dead fucking serious dude, if I haven't seenm player play for a season or at least half a season then I simply do not judge him. That's just how I am.

20 games I would say is a suitable amount to judge a player. The point I was trying to make however, is that the more you watch a player, the more you know about him. How much can you possibly know about a player after a few games or so. Watching 9 or 10 games for a guy and passing judgement on him is what I find ridiculous wth all do respect.

That's your opinion, but I firmly believe that you need to see a very large number of games for a player before you can state whether he is good or bad.

Also, I am no hypocrite. In fact, I hate hypocrites and I don't judge players like Poulsen or Mellberh who I've personally seen play less than 5 times.

rounder

Blindman
    Jun 13, 2007
    Thanks for indirectly saying that i'm lying.
    I sell bets, btw. It's consisted of writing previews about the serie A matches, making a prediction for the matches i chose and then write a few sentences about the matches when they finish.
    So (and that's why i previously said wanted or not) i must watch all the matches i'm predicting. Usually i watch 5 matches per round. The Saturday afternoon and saturday evening match, i watch 2 matches on Sunday afternoon (one on tv and one via streaming) and i watch the Sunday evening match.
    Of course, one of them is the Juve match.

I said 15 times minimum, but when i think of it i'm pretty sure i watched Barzagli for Palermo more than 15 times.
    I didn't mean to offend you there, Alen. I am not saying you are a liar, I might have suggested that you were perhaps exaggerating but that was only when I was completely ignorant of the fact that it's part of your job to watch these games.

You are probably the only person here that can truly judge Barzagli because unlike all the other members here who don't have such jobs, you have seen Barzagli play a good number of times.

I am arguing against those who have seen 5 to 8 matches and are judging the player. I'm not arguing against those who have seen almost 20 games for him.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Yeah, that's right. Why don't all of you clowns who wanted Barzagli come on out, because I'm tired of this drag queen shit.

You lot thought he was a good defender just because he was Italian. You were wrong; dead wrong that is. So to all those who wanted Barzagli on the team: watch more football.

Thank you.
    Haha Andy! I love you man. I've always said Barzagli was an overrated below-average defender. I mean the guy was 26, still playing for a mid-table club like Palermo, which was conceding +50 goals per season and people were still calling him a huge talent. Why? Because he's Italian. :howler:

cyril

Let's roll
    Jul 6, 2006
    While we're at it, how about people who talked shit about Poulsen?:D
    WORD to that.

I would also like to add, the people that still believe that leggro is crap because he wasn't good when we first got him.

LEGGRO AND CHIELLINI at CB can deal with anything. And that's not an overstatement

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)