When and how did you start to support Juve? (1 Viewer)

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
I know there was already a thread like this,, but very long ago.

I started to support Juve I think 5 years ago, and it was only because I saw Juve when I turn on my TV. I knew nothing about Juve but I knew who Zidane was. When I turned on my TV, I saw that Zidane's team is Juventus and then I started to follow

Buy on AliExpress.com

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Somehow it was the same here, I started to support Juve 10 years ago Because of R.Baggio. I was supporting the Azzurri in ITALIA 90' and i was impressed by his talent and skills, by then i didn't know who he played for. but 2 years later i knew that he plays for Juve. so i started following them as a baggio fan, as time passed i became a Juve Fan not just a Baggio fan. That's why i am still here now and i didn't quit supporting Juve after baggio departure.

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
Two words:

Dino Zoff.
or maybe three??

van ser sar.

i started supporting after 98 world cup. that was the time that i found interest in football. before i cared only about abaout basketball.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I started supporting Juve in 1996/97, I was 10 years old and in Sweden and I was watching Serie A every weekend. I have no idea why Juve tho, probably because my cousin was a Milan fan and I wanted to spite him :undecide:

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
I'm not sure, how long I support them :undecide:
I always like Juve, cause Boniek played there, I even remeber him playing - I was saying, that our Boniek plays in team, who wears "potato beetle" shirts :angel:

But I became real fan, when Gigi joined the team, but even when/if he leave the club, I'm not going to stop support Juve.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
When i knew about a player named zidane...some years before the 98 world cup.

I started to see juve just for zidane,,,but after he leaved i stayed with juve.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
It was in '98 or '99 and I saw them play manu in the CL at Delle Alpi, and the drew 1-1. Manu beat them at old trafford, but the 1-1 game was great! Also having Zidane on the team was nice......

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
I only started following Serie A just before WC 02. Before this i was watching mostly La Liga and i did watch some Serie A matches but i diddn't follow it closely.

So my story here actually started one day when i was watching WC 02 and Italy was playing..... all along i thought the Euro2000 guy (Toldo) would play, so when Gigi came on i was like eh..... where's that penalty dude??? :confused: and then I remember the comentator making a coment about Gigi being the most expensive Gk in the world. So i was like ....hmmm... yeah, i've heard quite abit about this guy before and i've watched him play somewhere else before....but i can't rememeber where..... and i've never really sat sown and pay attention to him before..... so ok.... i followed him throughout the WC02. After it ended, i just naturally followed him back to Serie A and Juve.... and from there i did some "research' to get to know more about him and also Juve.....so.....read up alot of history and etc...... then the more i watched the club and the more i know about the players.... the more i loved them....and now, here i am. :)

So compared to most of you here, i see that i'm a very new juve fan. I hope that i will be able to learn lot's from all of you :)

juvetrainer

May 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Sunshine ] ++
So compared to most of you here, i see that i'm a very new juve fan. I hope that i will be able to learn lot's from all of you :)
same as me!

i started like Juve when Van Der Saar is in his last season with Juve. but i remember, that time, i already like Juve but still i'm not watching every game of Juve. then, i saw Zenoni on the field and i saw the game from the start till end (i forgot the opponent) and.......puff..........i become Juve tifosi.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
I started getting into football in 94 world cup. all the speculation was about italy (baggio and maldini) and brazil (romario and bebeto) back then. I had no preference during that world cup, just watched games here and there. then in the final, i was watching it with all my family and my parents friends (i was 6) and all of the old persian people were rooting for brazil, and no one was going for italy, so i sat in the corner and supported italy for that game, and when they lost i was pissed off. then i didnt follow that much football until 98 world cup, when i bought a wc preview magazine. i first looked in the italy section and for its superstar player profile it had DEL PIERO and he looked really cool (this was when he had long hair and the cool sid-burn thing) I WAS LIKE THIS GUY LOOKS SOO COOL, i want to be his fan. kinda corny. then i saw that his club was juventus so i was like ok. then after the world cup in 99 i got the fifa 99 game and played italian serie a. i would rotate between, inter, ac, and juve, not having a favourite yet, then finally when i started following real serie a in 2001, i found myself rooting for juve for some reason, and then one of my friends became a soccer fan and he began rooting for ac milan, so i was like screw that IM GOING FOR JUVENTUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUVE JUVE JVUE JUVE JVEU FORZA JUVE!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++
I started getting into football in 94 world cup. all the speculation was about italy (baggio .............
Me too, i was seeing the discipline since that year.

I wasjust amazed with bebeto and romario´s tricks...

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
it was when i was Form 3.. the guys that sit behind me always talk bout football and stuff... during that time i was totally football illiterate...no interest at all... but they way the talk it was very funny and a lot of fun hearing them eventhoug i dunno nothing about it...

and one day this tv station shows a higlite about the European Cup Final of 98... about this yellow and black team vs this blue and yellow stars team.. that blue yellow star team look very 'sparkling' with all the stars on the jersey .. that makes the black and yellow team look like the bad guy... plus the yellow black team'S star player look very scary while the blue yelow stars 's star player look very cool , macho and nice.. he was also very young.. that program was very hype about those two...

then that scary man scored ( that man was Karl Henze Riedle ) ... being an underdog guy, i anxiously hoped for the blue yellow stars team to response .. and then at that troubled moments , the yellow blue stars team put in that hyped young player of them to save the team...

and then can you belive it, he really scored a goal.. and what a goal it was.. a cheeky backheel goal... that was no hype, it was real.. i never forget that guy's name from then... well, its not really happen like in the drama coz the hero eventually failed and the bad guy won the day... but that guy really rubs something into me..

then one day the guys in my class want to play football ( made from paper ) in the back of the class and they like each immitate a player ..mostly EPL :yuck:.. i said i want to join and they ask who will i be..i thot for a moment and answered " me? i am Del Piero ...." And that is how it all began.....

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

then one day the guys in my class want to play football ( made from paper ) in the back of the class and they like each immitate a player ..mostly EPL :yuck:.. i said i want to join and they ask who will i be..i thot for a moment and answered " me? i am Del Piero ...." And that is how it all began.....

awwww!!

just cute :D

Aug 1, 2003
i was raised as a MU fan (my family are big supporters) when MU won the treble i bought the treble tape. i was 9. then there was the juve-MU match that we lost 3-2. pippo inzaghi scored 2 goals.

i just admired juve, not yet a big fan. then in 1999 juve lost to perugia and thus gave the title to lazio. suddenly i felt SO sad and for the first time i cried because of a football team. thats when i knew juve is the one!

of course, there were more tears after that.. tee hee

Minfana

Jul 15, 2003
I started my football "career" by watching English 1st division on TV. Then I got my final boost in 2000 European Championships when I saw a couple of Portugal's games (Figo is my absolute favourite, too bad he doesn't play in Serie A... :D) Then, when Portugal was out, I got into the Italians and boy, that was it for me! :dazed::eek::D

Fisrt, maybe because of Totti, I supported AS Roma. I was in Rome a week after they had won their last Scudetto, the streets were painted with their colours and there where ribbons and flags everywhere - quite nice, I think... Except for the fact, that their shop was almost empty, I was after a couple of jerseys, you know :D

Actually, I only started to support Juve AFTER Monsieur ZZ had left the team. Sorry, guys, but I truly and utterly dislike him - and this is an understatement...:frown:
My favourites in Juve are Alex and Gigi, even though I guess almost every Juve fan in the world must feel the same :) But they are the best, so why try to deny it???

gigi's twin

Mar 5, 2003
I started to support them after the WC '98! First of all because Zidane and Déschamps played there! But in this time I supported more Italian clubs as well, but after 1-2 years it became clear for me, that Juve is the team, which I like the most among the others.:)

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
Well, I used to be an Ajax fan. At that time, they were the cream of the crop. Litmanen, Kluivert, Davids, the De Boers. Then I was watching one CL finals, Ajax wasnt there so I just watched on neutral side just to see who would win it between Dortmund & Juve. It was the time of Di Livio and Torriccelli.

Then when all was lost, Juve put on a young substitute. He seemed young and lively and he seemed to have that "fantasy" in his eyes. I coud not forget how he looked on to the field as he entered it. Then as the ball was crossed across of goal, he did it. He did the most creative thing anyone has ever done in that game. He was the only one who could have ever thought of back-heeling that ball past the defenders and the keeper. It was magical and when that goal was scored, I was just really quiet the whole game and never uttered a word. I was just in deep amazement in my mind. I was ecstatic to how much fantasy was in that guy's mind. It was Ale and from then on, I knew that I had to follow this guy.

And I was even justified to be a follower during the season where he scored that wonderful acrobatic volley against Monaco. It was Barthez on goal for Monaco and Trezeguet was still there along with Henry. It was where we both discovered them which lead to their signings.

Forza Juve!

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
When i knew about a player named zidane...some years before the 98 world cup.

I started to see juve just for zidane,,,but after he leaved i stayed with juve.
same thing here but when my passion zizou left i left too but the problem was that he went real and i hate big money spenders

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)