What's Wrong With Salas? (1 Viewer)

Adora

Mar 16, 2003
I feel so sad for him, actually it is hard for him to the Salas he used to be,the injury ruined him,what he needs is more chances and more confidence,but you know,now the competition is getting more and more severe,I don't think Lippi will give him many chances at the critical time. I think selling him to a smaller club is not only good to Juventus,but also good to himself. Just hope he can stand up again,like Ale. Best wishes for Salas!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I my opinion sals must do a final effort in the basel game (if he plays).
I think that with divaio´s injury, and zalayeta already used at modena, this is the roght time for salas yto show what he have.
Sadly u cant judeg by only one game played. =(

nina

Feb 18, 2001
No offence, but I wouldn't like to see Salas play against Basel. We are mathematically still not through and in the case if something goes wrong I would like a more reliable player to be there to fix things :angel: There's no place for him anymore in Juve.

BTW, welcome to the forum Adora :)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Adora ] ++
I feel so sad for him, actually it is hard for him to the Salas he used to be,the injury ruined him,what he needs is more chances and more confidence,but you know,now the competition is getting more and more severe,I don't think Lippi will give him many chances at the critical time. I think selling him to a smaller club is not only good to Juventus,but also good to himself. Just hope he can stand up again,like Ale. Best wishes for Salas!!!
welcome to the forums adora...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
No offence, but I wouldn't like to see Salas play against Basel. We are mathematically still not through and in the case if something goes wrong I would like a more reliable player to be there to fix things :angel: There's no place for him anymore in Juve.

BTW, welcome to the forum Adora :)
I personally think that the Basle game would be a good opportunity for Salas to get some playing time, and I don't see why you shouldn't either.

True, we're not mathematically through to the quarter finals as yet, but we can lose by 3 goals and still go through, and if by some stretch of the imagination Basle manage to beat us 4-0, do you really think that Salas would be the one to blame?

Plus, Trezeguet and Del Piero are in the squad for this match, so if we desperately need a goal, then we can throw on one of them.

P.S. Welcome to the forum Adora. :)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Exactly my point. After Tuesday there'll be no games that we can allow ourselves to slacken up and drop points in, so if Salas doesn't play against Basle, when will he play?

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
Exactly my point. After Tuesday there'll be no games that we can allow ourselves to slacken up and drop points in, so if Salas doesn't play against Basle, when will he play?
Uh, there's always the reserve team.

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
Salas used to be a decent player when we first purchased him!!! it is a shame such an injury would ruin his spell at juve!

i say play him against basel!! concerning what nina said about wanting a more reliable player in case the going got tough!!!! well salas would be up front!! mistakes would lead to losing the ball and not conceding a goal (the case of a defender) besides i think he might be able to do something considering the fact that he will be desperate to show what he can do!!!!

i say play salas and see where that would lead us!! besides he would get the chance to play next to DP who often supplies good balls to his striking partner!

Adora

Mar 16, 2003
I think it depends on what the situation will be in the match against basel. I suggest Del Piero play against basel for the first half, if we can win the first half 2:0,I think we won't need to worry about the opportunity for the quarter final, and that will be the chance for Salas, of course I hope he could win back the confidence,including the confidence he put in Lippi and himself. But the possibility is not so great, just best wishes for him.
Forza Juve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS. To lacrease and Fantasista : Thank you for your warm welcome! ^_^

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
although some believe it is over right now!!!! but i think if we score one goal then i would be completly relieved!! coz if we do then basel will have to net six in order to knock us out!!

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
i agree that we should let him play now while we can.we don't want to let him play in the q-finals now do we:D
it is a shame a player like Salas would reach a status such as the one he has reached!!!

he used to be soo profolic! and now he is just a burden! i hate seeing this happen to someone like salas he had a very good talent!

Adora

Mar 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by s0ftcore ] ++
why don't we just loan him? if he regains his form and starts playing well again, we can take him back :D
For his age,it is not cost-efficient to wait until his recovery,actually I think we should not wait any more,I think it's better to sell him this summer, though the price will not be high.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Adora ] ++

For his age,it is not cost-efficient to wait until his recovery,actually I think we should not wait any more,I think it's better to sell him this summer, though the price will not be high.
and we'd have to pay his wages until he finds his form...and if he doesn't and we'd have to sell him at 3m in 2 years time we'd look pretty stupid especially when barca are willing to give us something like 10m for him....sell him already!!!!

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
and we'd have to pay his wages until he finds his form...and if he doesn't and we'd have to sell him at 3m in 2 years time we'd look pretty stupid especially when barca are willing to give us something like 10m for him....sell him already!!!!
If this is true, then you are right,.

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
I saw a programme the other day about Lazio and their glory days .. Salas was deadly and used to constantly score breath-taking goals ..
i think that's why we bought him :)

;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)