What will happen is Chevanton comes? (1 Viewer)

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
onuwachi would be a good 5th striker,as would chiumento(he's gonna be loaned so no hope of that) but no matter what i pray di vaio never plays for juve again he's an overrated piece of trash.
how can u say that about di vaio?

he playd as a sub and has scored 17 goals for us... if anyone is piece of trash, then thats got to be YOU!!!!!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++

10 goals in how many matches?
Dont know, I didnt find any real statistics, but he has been played on both the right and left wing alot, completely out of position. Lets see, he scored one against Barcelona, 4 or 5 in the league last season, one against Olympiakos this season, thats what, 7 or 8, then one against Arsenal two years ago IIRC, he's scored a few in Coppa Italia, so yes, that makes it more than 10, maybe even more than 15.

Anyways, I'm not saying he's good enough to be a first team player, or even a regular sub, he's not, all I'm saying is that he deserves more appriciation for all he's done.

juvefc_robin

Jun 15, 2003
If I watch all the threads, everybody hates Di Viao. I don't know why you hate him because he was the best attacker last year. IMO he deserves to be in the basic team. Of course I prefer Vieri in the attack but Di Viao is an excellent 3th striker. It is a very big loss if he joins Inter or something. When he is in another team you shall see how good he is and how stupid it is f Juve sells him.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I want Di Vaio to stay and get some more playing time, and hopefully Capello doesn't love Del Piero as much as Lippi did. Di Vaio can be much more effective than Del Piero given some confidence, and if Alex isn't guaranteed a place in the team, maybe he'd lift his game a bit.

I like Zalayeta too, but in truth I simply don't think he's good enough for Juve. I'd rather give Onwuachi a shot :thumb:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Zlatan - Zala also scored against Chievo in the final game of the 02/03 season, so you're right. He's certainly bagged more than 10 goals, maybe even 15.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Zlatan - Zala also scored against Chievo in the final game of the 02/03 season, so you're right. He's certainly bagged more than 10 goals, maybe even 15.
Yes, I counted those in. He scored two actually, one 25+ yard screamer after an Olivera backheel, and a header after a nice Di Vaio cross from the left IIRC.

Oct 1, 2002
Lecce have confirmed that Javier Ernesto Chevanton is of interest to Valencia, but deny a deal has been completed.

The Uruguayan hitman set a new record for Lecce this season by bagging 19 Serie A goals, but the small club was always set to sell him on this summer.

He had up until now been linked with several Italian sides, most notably Lazio, Milan, Palermo and Juventus, but latest reports suggest he is on his way to La Liga.

"Over the last few days Valencia have contacted us to enquire after Chevanton," revealed director of sport Pantaleo Corvino, "but there is nothing more than that. He certainly has not been sold."

It’s believed that Chevanton was specifically requested by Claudio Ranieri, who was fired by Chelsea last week and is ready for a return to Valencia.

The pacey 23-year-old’s price tag had been set at around £10m by Lecce at the end of the current campaign, but Juve seemed to drop their interest in favour of Christian Vieri.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)