What will happen is Chevanton comes? (2 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
SkySports posted an interview with Morientes in which he says he might sign with Juve soon.
That would make sense to me. Capello has stated before he admires Morientes, and again he was targeted while Fabio was at Roma. And didn't Capello coach a young Morientes at Real Madrid? If so, I think Capello would want his services again. So Morientes for now, and Gilardino for the future.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

That would make sense to me. Capello has stated before he admires Morientes, and again he was targeted while Fabio was at Roma. And didn't Capello coach a young Morientes at Real Madrid? If so, I think Capello would want his services again. So Morientes for now, and Gilardino for the future.
hmm...it wouldn't be bad,but if we get gilardino in the future he'd cost a leg and an arm.i say we get him now and allow him to adapt.if his performances in the last 12 months are anything to go by i'd say he'd good enough to be in the first team.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002

Yeah, Morientes seems to be the choice! This is fine with me, as I admire "El Moro"
However, the Vieri thing is very strange...........

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
SkySports posted an interview with Morientes in which he says he might sign with Juve soon.

yeah, i heard that too.

morientes and a new younger striker would be good imo.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
About Vieri, I think Moggi is just using him as a smoke screen like he did with Deschamps and Prandelli.
:undecide: Actually that seems logical, Moggi-kind of thinking... Hopefully you're right... But has anyone heard of Cavenaghi lately?! I just hope that Zlatan won't come...

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
I just hope that:

1. Trez stays. Seems very unlikely right now.

2. Di Vaio leaves. Also seems unlikely as there are talks of him signing a new contract. Let's all pray that that doesn't happen as Di Vaio has done NOTHING and NEVER performed for us. He's a waste of wages and space.

3. Zalayeta never comes back. Ain't good enough.

Apart from that Chevanton is a very good player, and it would be interesting to see what he could do.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Actually, I'd like to see Zalayeta back in Juve, as a reserve. He's done more for the club that we appriciate, he scored that winner against Barca, scored enough goals for a 5th striker, was played out of position many times and never complained, always gave his all for the club, and often was the hardest working player on the pitch, and never, ever have I heard him say anything to complain.

IMO we should appriciate him more, and I rate him higher than Trezeguet in terms of hard work, love for the club and effort he puts in. I like Zalayeta.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Actually, I'd like to see Zalayeta back in Juve, as a reserve. He's done more for the club that we appriciate, he scored that winner against Barca, scored enough goals for a 5th striker, was played out of position many times and never complained, always gave his all for the club, and often was the hardest working player on the pitch, and never, ever have I heard him say anything to complain.

IMO we should appriciate him more, and I rate him higher than Trezeguet in terms of hard work, love for the club and effort he puts in. I like Zalayeta.
I don't we can compare him to Trez, it certainly seems like we're screwing Trez over with his contract.

He scored against Barca, and scored one or two goals in another Serie A match I saw, Brescia or some other team with blue shirts I think it was. But point is, whenever I see him play he's a disaster. Can't control the ball, can't shoot, can't even head the ball that good. I'm sure Benjamin is much better than him.

Attitude is good, but only if you got the goods to deliver. "Zalagoal" doesn't.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++
I just hope that:

1. Trez stays. Seems very unlikely right now.

2. Di Vaio leaves. Also seems unlikely as there are talks of him signing a new contract. Let's all pray that that doesn't happen as Di Vaio has done NOTHING and NEVER performed for us. He's a waste of wages and space.

3. Zalayeta never comes back. Ain't good enough.

Apart from that Chevanton is a very good player, and it would be interesting to see what he could do.

i have the same hope as you beside about Zalayeta.... Zalayeta is ok as a good sub striker.. we dont have anyone to sub Trezeguet all season long .... so i think its a mistake loaning him out.... but if Treze leaves and someone as injury prone as Vieri came, we definately need a sub as good as the firsteam striker coz Vieri will definately missing for half of the season....

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
onuwachi would be a good 5th striker,as would chiumento(he's gonna be loaned so no hope of that) but no matter what i pray di vaio never plays for juve again he's an overrated piece of trash.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
onuwachi would be a good 5th striker,as would chiumento(he's gonna be loaned so no hope of that) but no matter what i pray di vaio never plays for juve again he's an overrated piece of trash.
Di Vaio's hype was as big as Gilardino's when we bought him....;)

(edited)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
juve have 4 forwards. two support strikers, 1 out and out striker, and 1 who can be a bit of both in DV.

1. trez leaves, meaning we lose our out and out striker who scores 20 plus goals a season when fit.

2. Vieri replaces him like capello wants, only that we lose di vaio to inter in the swap. to me, this is good news as di vaio will never be good enough at juve. However, this leaves us now without out back up striker to vieri.

3. Chevanton comes in as that 4th striker, however, we lose miccoli which is our back up support striker to del piero meaning we only have vieri, chevanton and del piero.

therefore, we have 2 support strikers in DP and Cheva, and our main experienced out and out striker to bag 20 plus goals. We need that vieri back up.

Capello is a huge fan of Zlatan. Zlatan as back up to vieri would be fine by me, as he offers qualities which vieri doesnt. but he doesnt score a lot either. Gilardino will go to roma now, and let him. he may cost us too much. IF not zlatn, i think cavenaghi could be our player. he has been rumoured to us many times previously and salas has made it clear he wants in at river for good.

therefore, my predictions are as such:

4 forwards- 2 support strikers and 2 strikers.

del piero, chevanton, vieri and zlatan/cavenaghi

but i still think that chevanton will join the likes of milan before juve as he is gauranteed a starting position upfront with shevchenko. cheva and sheva upfront:D

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++

I don't we can compare him to Trez, it certainly seems like we're screwing Trez over with his contract.

He scored against Barca, and scored one or two goals in another Serie A match I saw, Brescia or some other team with blue shirts I think it was. But point is, whenever I see him play he's a disaster. Can't control the ball, can't shoot, can't even head the ball that good. I'm sure Benjamin is much better than him.

Attitude is good, but only if you got the goods to deliver. "Zalagoal" doesn't.
He has scored more than 10 goals for Juve, which is OK considering how little he's played and how out of position he's been played.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
He has scored more than 10 goals for Juve, which is OK considering how little he's played and how out of position he's been played.
10 goals in how many matches?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)