What Vieri talks? (1 Viewer)

May 30, 2004
Inter have rejected claims that they’ve started talks with Juventus over the proposed sale of Christian Vieri.

The Italian media believe that the Nerazzurri ace is an Old Lady target but the Milan club insist no contact has been made.

"There has never been a meeting with the Juventus directors," maintained owner Massimo Moratti.

Juve are looking for a new striker given the fact that David Trezeguet is likely to be sold this summer.

The Frenchman, who only has a year left on his contract, should join either Chelsea or Barcelona.

Vieri is just one of a number of forwards who Juve have been linked with as an alternative to Trezeguet.

Reports of a move for the Azzurri striker gathered pace after Fabio Capello, a fan of the player, joined Juventus as Coach last week.

There are massive question marks over Vieri’s future at the San Siro given his relationship with boss Alberto Zaccheroni.

Zac left out the former Atletico Madrid player on a number of occasions last season which infuriated the striker.

Vieri has also been associated with moves to Roma, Real Madrid and Chelsea in recent weeks.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alex

May 1, 2004
I personally don't like Vieri character- to arrogant. But he would do the job at Juve, Roma, Chelsea or Madrid. Not my ideal striker though

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
This is sad. Moggi could've at least bid for the guy!

How can you "want" a player without negotiating with his (player's) current employer?!

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
welcome to the forums christian :)

as for vieri, i'm really surprised how moggi hasn't contacted inter officials yet, is he's a big fan of him..or vieri is just a smokescreen for another player :rolleyes:

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
welcome to the forums christian :)

as for vieri, i'm really surprised how moggi hasn't contacted inter officials yet, is he's a big fan of him..or vieri is just a smokescreen for another player
Could be very true, Arif... remember the "It will be either Deschamps or Prandelli" line?

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Well, I think Moggi will eye Vieri during the EC 2004, and after that, Capello and Moggi will make a decision

I think the Vieri saga is just beginning with that news!

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++

Could be very true, Arif... remember the "It will be either Deschamps or Prandelli" line?

yeah, so i won't be surprised if we get any striker we have never been linked with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)