What suprises does Moggi still have ? (1 Viewer)

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
Man, Kapo will be the man, and if not, look at that formation:

------------------Buffon-----------------------
Trabelsi-----Thuram---Mexes---Zambrotta
-----------Emerson---Tacchinardi-----------
---Maresca----------------------Nedved-----
--------------------------Del Piero-------------
--------------Vieri-------------------------------

Not more creativity needed, with that team. Power and flanks with Trabelsi and Zambrotta, a great productive mid with Emerson, who can deliever great passes, MARESCA (I think I don't have to say anything to him :D)
Nedved always can score and give the final pass, and DP with Vieri is just great. To be honest, I like Maresca and Nedved that much, that I wouldn't like any new player, to destroy my dream-team!

Good formation, but Tacchi is a BIG question mark. If you ask me, he will bring the team down. He's a great player, but not a champion like the rest of that team.

The only major problem i see in this formation, is again lack of creativity through the centre of the midfield. Emerson and Tacchi will be busy defending while neddy and maresca hit the flanks. Where are the central attacking midfielders. But that could work anyhow.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Emerson is creative and can deliever some good passes, and there has to be someone, who does the "dirty" work, like Tacchinardi. I really like Alessio, as he has always shown his passion and his fighting spirit. I like these players. And Tacchi is a champion.
The main reason, why I chose Tacchi and Emerson in midfield, is because Capello likes to play like that, and I won't be surprised if that happened!

And about the lack of creativity in the mid. Look, when you have players like Nedved and Zambrotta on one flank, its sure, that Nedved can always come to the centre, as Zambrotta can sometimes fill the whole wing. Same with Trabelsi and Maresca. Enzo goes to the middle, Trabelsi takes the whole wing. So I won't be concerned about creativity for next year!

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
Emerson is creative and can deliever some good passes, and there has to be someone, who does the "dirty" work, like Tacchinardi. I really like Alessio, as he has always shown his passion and his fighting spirit. I like these players. And Tacchi is a champion.
The main reason, why I chose Tacchi and Emerson in midfield, is because Capello likes to play like that, and I won't be surprised if that happened!

And about the lack of creativity in the mid. Look, when you have players like Nedved and Zambrotta on one flank, its sure, that Nedved can always come to the centre, as Zambrotta can sometimes fill the whole wing. Same with Trabelsi and Maresca. Enzo goes to the middle, Trabelsi takes the whole wing. So I won't be concerned about creativity for next year!
Lets take Milan for example. Emerson could be our version of their Pirlo. Pirlo alone cannot be responisble for all the creativity of that team. To be on the safe-side next year, we still need a capable playmaker/attacking midfielder. That is what we lack. Ill leave it at that. :)

We might win the CL or Serie A next year with this team, but better safe than sorry.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++

Lets take Milan for example. Emerson could be our version of their Pirlo. Pirlo alone cannot be responisble for all the creativity of that team. To be on the safe-side next year, we still need a capable playmaker/attacking midfielder. That is what we lack. Ill leave it at that. :)

We might win the CL or Serie A next year with this team, but better safe than sorry.

well. we can move Maresca on the left. and have neddy play Attacking midfielder. like he is doing this year :down:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

This midfield would be unbalanced and believe me, we would never see this. I know what you want, but Deco???? Come on, this guy is such a b*****. Since the final I hate him.
btw. give Kapo a chance. Moggi knew that we need someone who can play in the middle and make the passes.
How would it be unbalanced? Lazio won the Scudetto by using this formation, with Nedved on the left flank. We would never see this? Really? I know that Moggi would never go after the very expensive Deco; I'm not some stupid optimist. But that type of formation has worked before, and there is no reason for it not to work again.

I bet the reason you hate Deco is because you are a Monaco fan too, right? Well, I wanted Monaco to win as well, but its very obvious to see that Deco is a world-class playmaker now; you can't take that away from him. He has some of the best skill in the world right now.

About Kapo, I hope he becomes a world-class playmaker/left attacker as well, but there is no telling what he will become. Hopefully it will be for the best, but I doubt he will be another Zidane or Deco.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Sorry to break it to you guys, but Trabelsi renewed his contract with Ajax until 2006; forced by some Court. So Hatem will probably not come to Juve in the summer, unless Moggi is ready to pay.

You're right, Emerson will add a lot of creativity to the midfield; hopefully using some Brazilian magic like he did with Roma. I think its almost certain that Capello will play with two defensive midfielders. Of course one will be Emerson, and the other being probably Tacchinardi. This is very much like the Roma duo of Emerson - Dacourt, in which the latter was the holding midfielder, and Emerson was let more free by Capello to attack. This should be the same tactic Capello uses for Juventus, only with Alessio taking Olivier's spot.

So Nedved will be able to move in from the left, Emerson will be more of a supporting midfielder behind Del Piero and Nedved. Tacchinardi will strictly be a holding midfielder, and Zambrotta will terrorize the right flank. Not to mention possibly Marek Jankulovski filling in behind Nedved on the left flank, with the former playing a LWB role.

So this seems like a more realistic formation to me:

Buffon

Thuram - Legrottaglie - Cannavaro - Jankulovski

Zambrotta - Emerson - Tacchinardi - Nedved

Vieri - Del Piero

Of course the defenders might be different, as Mexes and Materazzi are targets as well.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Sorry to break it to you guys, but Trabelsi renewed his contract with Ajax until 2006; forced by some Court. So Hatem will probably not come to Juve in the summer, unless Moggi is ready to pay.

You're right, Emerson will add a lot of creativity to the midfield; hopefully using some Brazilian magic like he did with Roma. I think its almost certain that Capello will play with two defensive midfielders. Of course one will be Emerson, and the other being probably Tacchinardi. This is very much like the Roma duo of Emerson - Dacourt, in which the latter was the holding midfielder, and Emerson was let more free by Capello to attack. This should be the same tactic Capello uses for Juventus, only with Alessio taking Olivier's spot.

So Nedved will be able to move in from the left, Emerson will be more of a supporting midfielder behind Del Piero and Nedved. Tacchinardi will strictly be a holding midfielder, and Zambrotta will terrorize the right flank. Not to mention possibly Marek Jankulovski filling in behind Nedved on the left flank, with the former playing a LWB role.

So this seems like a more realistic formation to me:

Buffon

Thuram - Legrottaglie - Cannavaro - Jankulovski

Zambrotta - Emerson - Tacchinardi - Nedved

Vieri - Del Piero

Of course the defenders might be different, as Mexes and Materazzi are targets as well.
FINNALY SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS ME!!!!!!!!!
This is the greatest line-up I have ever seen! How could we loose with that one?? Althought, Maresca on the right and Zambrotta as wing-back?? Great too.
About the Nedved and Deco in one line-up thing: If you play the 4-3-1-2 you need guys on the flanks, who run like hell, just surport the wing backs, and can very good defend. Nedved is not that man for this. Lets just pick your formation, and forget about it. :D
Deco is the guy I hate, because he is very lazy. He never runs for the ball, if he looses it. Look at Rothen. He runs after the player who took the ball from him, and mostly wins it back. But Deco looks after him, and stands still, if he looses it. Also, he is not built for Serie A and guys like Stam, Nesta, Materazzi, Chivu would break his legs twice in one tackle. So forget this small Diva.
Get me one right-back, one central def., Jankulovski, Emerson and Vieri, and I am confident of winning the CL!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Let's face it though, we're not gonna get Deco. And while that lineup is realistic and fairly solid, my "greatest line-up I have ever seen" does not include Legrottaglie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)