What suprises does Moggi still have ? (1 Viewer)

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
I think Moggi should sign a new central defender. Mexes would suit me.

Than, since I would prefer a central def., Thuram and Mexes, we should get a new right back. Trabelsi would be my choice, but don't be surprised to see Panucci in Bianconero.

In midfield, everything is clear. Moggi will sign Emerson, and Jankulovski will come as a back-up for the whole left wing.

In attack, either Morientes, Vieri or Zlatan should get the vote of Capello and Moggi.
So Mexes, Panucci or Trabelsi, Emerson, Jankulovski and Vieri would get my vote.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
Don't you guys think we need a playmaker? A very offensive attacking midfielder, like Aimar, Kaka, Zidane, that can truly be our playmaker. Nedved is a born winger, Camo is a winger, Emerson and Maresca play a more deeper role than what a playmaker should, and DP is too inconsisten and irreliable to act as a playmaker. I agree with Mexes and Trabelsi, that would clear up our defense. But Panucci? Emerson, Jankulovski are good and so is Vieri, even though he is past his prime. But we are all forgetting about a REAL playmaker now. Nedved proved that he cannot be the only creative force in the team. We cant rely on Maresca to create all our plays, and as we have seen over the years, DP also needs a playmaker to help him out in attack.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Oh, I love it, the creativity is again the one to blame, for our shitty season last year.

I promise you, that we won't buy any of those young, selfish and "skillful" playmakers.

WE DON'T NEED THEM!

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
Oh, I love it, the creativity is again the one to blame, for our shitty season last year.

I promise you, that we won't buy any of those young, selfish and "skillful" playmakers.

WE DON'T NEED THEM!
We dont need a playmaker??? Our attack last year consisted of wing play. We need to start playing through the centre too. Tell me one player we have that at least can dribble and slice through a defense right now? DP cant anymore. We need our version of Ronaldinho, Aimar, Zidane, Guily, Kaka... Please. Would you like our attack to suffer again next year? Maybe we scored a lot of goals this season, but a lot of them werent that pretty... We scored max 5 pretty goals, which consistent of individaul brilliance (neddy and di vaio) We need to score more stable goals. The way we scored goals last season worked against the likes of lower serie A teams and lower CL teams, but when we played Depor, Milan, Roma, Inter, we needed a creative force to score goals. We couldnt even score one goal against Depor, Roma to save our asses. Against milan and inter we scored late 'consolation' goals that are totaly useless.

We need creativity. Not just a team packed with power in defense and midfield, and two strikers who we expect to score all the gaols...

Look at how successful milan were last season with just one striker on form. The reason for their success was their abundance in creativity in the midfield with players like Kaka, Seedorf, Pirlo and Rui Costa, not only setting up sheva but also taking shots and dribbling for themsleves to crack defenses apart. We cant rely on long balls no more. We are not in the Premiership. The tall defenders in Italy have learnt how to clear crosses and long balls.

CREATIVITY IN MID!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

WE DON'T NEED THEM!
Well, creativity was partly to blame for last season, along with the defense.

I would like to have a natural playmaker, and Lacki you can't disagree that they are very instrumental to success, like Deco for Porto. I would love to find a new Zidane, but I am afraid that won't happen. Deco would be a great player to let roam free in attack for us.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Sorry Lacki, I have to agree with Scarface on this one. Creativity is very important today in football. Look at Milan and Porto with Kaka and Deco respectivly.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
You can tell me that and write three pages about the skillfull players we need, who can make great dribbles, but I swear we won't get any new playmaker and we don't need him.
Zambrotta, Nedved, Camoranesi, Del Piero, ?Trabelsi? and Emerson + Maresca can give enough passes, crosses and so on for any striker to score. Deco, Aimar and so called hold the ball to long, are mainly selfish and are not even proven. I swear, that there is maybe one player who can replace Nedved at this club: Francesco Totti or Zinedine Zidane. All the other "boys" can go home. I don't need them, and Moggi seems to agree with me!

We don't need them!

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
You can tell me that and write three pages about the skillfull players we need, who can make great dribbles, but I swear we won't get any new playmaker and we don't need him.
Zambrotta, Nedved, Camoranesi, Del Piero, ?Trabelsi? and Emerson + Maresca can give enough passes, crosses and so on for any striker to score. Deco, Aimar and so called hold the ball to long, are mainly selfish and are not even proven. I swear, that there is maybe one player who can replace Nedved at this club: Francesco Totti or Zinedine Zidane. All the other "boys" can go home. I don't need them, and Moggi seems to agree with me!

We don't need them!
Ok, obviously you don't know what Nedveds REAL position is. Nedved isnt a playmaker. Heck he was never a playmaker. He still isnt a playmaker. He plays on the wings. That what he did for Lazio, thats what hes doing for Czec Republic and thats what hes been doing at Juve. Seldom, you see Nedved doing that pin-point pass up the field, but most of the time you see him pace up the wings and throw in crosses and low passes. This is great and every team needs a dedicated winger and mifielder worker. But you need an elegant player too. Elegance is key in football. Look at how Ronaldinho changed Barca with his elegant chips, his smart passes, his creative mind that split apart any (spanish) defense. Juve don't have that Rui Costa, that Kaka, that Aimar, that Deco. The MAIN assist guy. Sure we have Camo, Neddy, Maresca, just like Milan has Seedorf, Gattuso, Pirlo or RM has Becks, Figo etc. Having midfielders is not enough. Especially with Juve, who believe in power rather than technique. The only technical midfiedler we have is Maresca, and he plays in a much more reserved and pulled back position than what a playmaker should play. Where's Juve's Totti? Where is the guy that is pulling all the strings. Don't tell me its a team effort, because you always need a playmaker or very offensive midfielder.

And IF Juve were to get Totti, or Zidane or Deco, NEDVED WOULD NOT BE REPLACED. Get that through your head! Nedved is NO CENTRAL playmaker. For his NT team, he plays in midfield, but Rosicky is the creative force behind their attack. Not Nedved. Nedved is a natural winger/midfielder and not an attacking playmaker.

Before last season, there were no question marks regarding our defense. Everybody said Juve's defense was fine. Lone behold, here came the season and our defense was worse than Udinese's. Now everybody is working on the defense and one striker, and lone behold here comes the season: We can defend, and our strikers are ready, but where is the creativity?

And Capello is known for needing a creative playmaker like Totti. Don't tell me we honestly don't need a playmaker...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If Moggi would not sell Nedved, while still be able to bring in lets say....Deco, our midfield would look like this:

Zambrotta - Emerson - Nedved

------------ Deco ---------------

See? Nedved would be moved to his NATURAL POSITION, and Deco would play as the playmaker. Nedved is by all means not a playmaker; he is an attacking midfielder. I love Nedved; he is great and all, but he is no Zidane or Deco. He might be the most well-rounded midfielder in the world, but he certainly lacks creativity. I would sell Nedved in a heartbeat to recieve Deco.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
If Moggi would not sell Nedved, while still be able to bring in lets say....Deco, our midfield would look like this:

Zambrotta - Emerson - Nedved

------------ Deco ---------------

See? Nedved would be moved to his NATURAL POSITION, and Deco would play as the playmaker. Nedved is by all means not a playmaker; he is an attacking midfielder. I love Nedved; he is great and all, but he is no Zidane or Deco. He might be the most well-rounded midfielder in the world, but he certainly lacks creativity. I would sell Nedved in a heartbeat to recieve Deco.
This midfield would be unbalanced and believe me, we would never see this. I know what you want, but Deco???? Come on, this guy is such a b*****. Since the final I hate him.
btw. give Kapo a chance. Moggi knew that we need someone who can play in the middle and make the passes.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++

Ok, obviously you don't know what Nedveds REAL position is. Nedved isnt a playmaker. Heck he was never a playmaker. He still isnt a playmaker. He plays on the wings. That what he did for Lazio, thats what hes doing for Czec Republic and thats what hes been doing at Juve. Seldom, you see Nedved doing that pin-point pass up the field, but most of the time you see him pace up the wings and throw in crosses and low passes. This is great and every team needs a dedicated winger and mifielder worker. But you need an elegant player too. Elegance is key in football. Look at how Ronaldinho changed Barca with his elegant chips, his smart passes, his creative mind that split apart any (spanish) defense. Juve don't have that Rui Costa, that Kaka, that Aimar, that Deco. The MAIN assist guy. Sure we have Camo, Neddy, Maresca, just like Milan has Seedorf, Gattuso, Pirlo or RM has Becks, Figo etc. Having midfielders is not enough. Especially with Juve, who believe in power rather than technique. The only technical midfiedler we have is Maresca, and he plays in a much more reserved and pulled back position than what a playmaker should play. Where's Juve's Totti? Where is the guy that is pulling all the strings. Don't tell me its a team effort, because you always need a playmaker or very offensive midfielder.

And IF Juve were to get Totti, or Zidane or Deco, NEDVED WOULD NOT BE REPLACED. Get that through your head! Nedved is NO CENTRAL playmaker. For his NT team, he plays in midfield, but Rosicky is the creative force behind their attack. Not Nedved. Nedved is a natural winger/midfielder and not an attacking playmaker.

Before last season, there were no question marks regarding our defense. Everybody said Juve's defense was fine. Lone behold, here came the season and our defense was worse than Udinese's. Now everybody is working on the defense and one striker, and lone behold here comes the season: We can defend, and our strikers are ready, but where is the creativity?

And Capello is known for needing a creative playmaker like Totti. Don't tell me we honestly don't need a playmaker...
Well, I see your piont, and I understand it. Still, I do think that Nedved can give very much to a side, anywhere he plays. And in the czech NT, Nedved also plays in the middle, because most of the games Rosicky was injured. Still, the CZ Rep. won the group with the Nederlands.
I hope you don't get me wrong, I do like players like Ronaldinho but
I honestly think, we should give Kapo a chance. If we do get a playmaker, I think we would get someone, who can come from the bench, and can add something new to the team. Kapo will make a good Nedved replacement.
So if we still get a new playmaker, I think it will be someone, who can play in Italy, knows the game there, and is not to egoistic to sit on the bench.

Kapo can do that and hey, Capello was interested in Taddei from Siena! I like him.

After all, we won't get Deco, Van der Vaart, Rosicky......

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
When Zizou left us, Lippi was pressed to re-arrange a team capable of play a stong, good football without the prescence of a play maker. then, he arrives at the "headless" Juventus,and it was good enough to won two scuddeti in a row and arrive to CL final.....

IMO, there is not indispensable a playmaker in the team.If we bring Emerson( seems so) we are done in the midfield.

I would not like it to bring deco to juve. Is just the kind of player that is not suitable for Juventus....

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
We dont need Deco or Ronaldinho themselves, but we need similar style players, even if they are promising youngsters. Its just that a club like Juventus has no room for error, especially after the critism it got last season. If Juve don't up their play next season, expect to see a couple more dark years. What I'm trying to say is that 2 defenders and 1 striker isn't enough to put Juve back in the top flight. Teams are scoring more goals than ever before. Milan's and Roma's attack last season was unstoppable. They breached every defense they encountered. Similarly, Juve need to start breaching more defenses more efficiently. We need to be versatile in our attack. We have a great stength in the wings, and with Maresca and Emerson, they will add depth in the mid too. But to put the "icing on the cake" as Ancelloti said, we need a playmaker.

Deco, Ronaldinho, Totti, and even Kaka have egotistic problems, I agree. Its a sad fact, play makers and attacking midfielders are 'generally' the most cocky of the pack, but if we can find a promising young offensive midfielder (like we did with Zidane), then we are set. Kapo MIGHT be the man for the job, but don't put any bets on that.

About Andy's midfield, nice idea, but its a little too breachable, and that team would concede many goals because of the lack of power in mid. Moderation is fundamental in any team. We neeed to be equally creative as powerful. Essentially, that is what Juve is known for. Having a creative force, backed up by hard-working, never-say-die players. That is the key to success. Perfect example is the current Milan. They have the strength in Gattusso, Stam etc, and the creative forces of Kaka and Shevchenko. LETHAL!

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Yes i would love a good playmaker, not too sure about Kapo being that player though.

David Pizzaro would be the cheap option :embarass:.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Man, Kapo will be the man, and if not, look at that formation:

------------------Buffon-----------------------
Trabelsi-----Thuram---Mexes---Zambrotta
-----------Emerson---Tacchinardi-----------
---Maresca----------------------Nedved-----
--------------------------Del Piero-------------
--------------Vieri-------------------------------

Not more creativity needed, with that team. Power and flanks with Trabelsi and Zambrotta, a great productive mid with Emerson, who can deliever great passes, MARESCA (I think I don't have to say anything to him :D)
Nedved always can score and give the final pass, and DP with Vieri is just great. To be honest, I like Maresca and Nedved that much, that I wouldn't like any new player, to destroy my dream-team!

Fighters

May 7, 2004
This is who we should be purchasing:

Defence: Bonera, Ferrari, Oddo and Mexes (and possibly one more defender)

Midfield: Emerson, Fiore, Blasi and Brighi (We alrady own Blasi and Brighi and I understand that they are coming back to Juve for this season)

Strikers: Gilardino and Zlatan

These players in addition to Kapo and Zebina along with the players in our current squad we should do fine.

The players that we should allow to leave:
Conte, Iuliano, Montero, Tudor, Trezuget, Birindelli, Leggrotaglie and Ferrara (Ferrara should join the coaching staff).

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Man, Kapo will be the man, and if not, look at that formation:

------------------Buffon-----------------------
Trabelsi-----Thuram---Mexes---Zambrotta
-----------Emerson---Tacchinardi-----------
---Maresca----------------------Nedved-----
--------------------------Del Piero-------------
--------------Vieri-------------------------------

Not more creativity needed, with that team. Power and flanks with Trabelsi and Zambrotta, a great productive mid with Emerson, who can deliever great passes, MARESCA (I think I don't have to say anything to him :D)
Nedved always can score and give the final pass, and DP with Vieri is just great. To be honest, I like Maresca and Nedved that much, that I wouldn't like any new player, to destroy my dream-team!
YES YES YES!

Great Lacki! I always love your formations!

Aug 1, 2003
Emerson enough? We would lack creativity! How sure are you Kapo would bring this strength to us? We need certainty, we could not screw up with taking unnecessary risks for next season or we would end up like this season. Perhaps a PLAYMAKER by definition isn't what we need one hundred percent, but I do think we need an upgrade on creativity in midfield.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)