what is up with Barca???????? (1 Viewer)

spider-man

Jul 19, 2003
It is so frustrating to have to see one of the most admired tams in the world beeing so fragile at this time.
Look at the cuality it has. The coach is pretty good, the mid-field is so-so, the defense is lousy, with sme good players, and the offense is strong enough to do some type of damage.

It was so f***ig disturbing Oct. first, to see this team go down 2-0 to a lousy team like el america of Mexico. (team that I was born to hate) el america is so stupid, it has to bribe it's way out to win a game. To loose aganst a team like that is embarrasing.

I saw what was the matter. Tell me if I'm wrong. Theproblm is the players, not the coach. The goals they scored on them were of an amateur match. The goals were because the defense left them alone. It's not tat I'm Mexican and love my people, but the best defender was Rafa Marquez. The mistakes he made where cuz of lack of communication.

I wish I could share more, really I do, but it would humiliate all Barcelona fans within this forum.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 19, 2003
I'm not necessarily a fan, but I used to, at one point enjoy watching them. To be honest, right now, I'd rather watch Villareal or Celta Vigo....a decent team that's pretty much well balanced in all lines, but Barcelona......they're garbage right now.

I'm not so sure about the coaching of Frank Rijkaard. I still don't understand why he doesn't give Quaresma a chance to start...maybe he can add something to their boring offence, the same one that, surprisingly has Kluivert and Saviola...2 deadly strikers when they combine with a good midfield, something Barca doesn't have, save for Ronaldinho......but he can't do everything. What's happened to the lightning fast pace of Marc Overmars, the one that he had just last season during the CL.

And as for defence, I haven't seen Marquez playing yet. Puyol impressed me during the USA tour, but now he's very ordinary. And why they let go of Frank deBoer is beyond me.

At least when van Gaal was in charge, they were making some pretty good progress in the CL......now, Ronaldinho barely saved them from a very humiliating defeat against a team I don't even remember the name of which.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
barca have always been weird. they change coaches more often than their socks. got star players. look like loads of money. but win jack shit.
In the past few seasons you are right, but Barca have certainly not "always" been run like that and have certainly not won jack shit over the years.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by spider-man ] ++

I wish I could share more, really I do, but it would humiliate all Barcelona fans within this forum.
That's ok man! Go ahead! :D

It's funny, a few years ago I couldn't step outside without at least seing 2 guys in Barca shirts - now they're all wearing Juve shirts!

Maybe Barca fans are ashamed these days, or maybe they have come to their senses and left that silly club for good.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

In the past few seasons you are right, but Barca have certainly not "always" been run like that and have certainly not won jack shit over the years.
im talking about recent history- the last 10 years(forgive me for not clarifying)

atm despite being 250 euros in debt they deem it wise to bid for ronaldinho de la cha-ching($$$-30 million which is around as much as their tax bill per year)

barca is ________ (poorly, inefficiently, ridiculously- pick any one, or indeed all 3) run especially compared to juve- although one can make no real guarantees.

and besides looking at the standard of their squad and ability im surprised i dont consider them serious CL trofee contenders.

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
Barcelona is a fantastic club!
They can be the best team in the world one year but the year after they are crap. That is what makes them so interesting, you never know what you can expect. With Juventus you know that they will finish as fifth or better, and always with the same boring defensive play. Barcelona play offensive and dare to take risks. They make interesting (not to say stupid) transfers and you can be really pissed at them but sometimes they find a class-player.
Barca has fantastic supporters who really love their team, how many does Juve have?

Barcelona might have a bad period now but that is what makes them interesting. I think everyone who supports Barcelona deserves some credit for it, they are really loyal. People who support Juventus and Real are mostly "win-supporters"

Jul 12, 2002
Barcelona hsa two problems, IMO. Problem number one is for whatever reason, Rustu is not starting in goal.

Problem number two is that nobody plays where they should! Reizinger is a right back, but he is playing in the center, Gio Van Bronkhorst is a midfielder, but he plays left back, Saviola is being played on the wing, Kluivert in midfield, Xavi is on the bench, Overmars is being put on as a striker, It's ludacris reallly.

How hard would it be to put Quaresma on the right and Overmars on the left. You have two world class wingers there. Put Ronaldinho in the middle and Xavi behind him. Cocu or Navarro should play left back, with Marquez and either Andersson or Puyol with either Reizinger or Puyol on the right depending on who is playing in the center. You can out on Luis Enrique when the team needs a boost and you are good to go. How hard is that?

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++
Barcelona is a fantastic club!
They can be the best team in the world one year but the year after they are crap. That is what makes them so interesting, you never know what you can expect. With Juventus you know that they will finish as fifth or better, and always with the same boring defensive play. Barcelona play offensive and dare to take risks. They make interesting (not to say stupid) transfers and you can be really pissed at them but sometimes they find a class-player.
Barca has fantastic supporters who really love their team, how many does Juve have?

Barcelona might have a bad period now but that is what makes them interesting. I think everyone who supports Barcelona deserves some credit for it, they are really loyal. People who support Juventus and Real are mostly "win-supporters"
rubish!
Juventus don't play boring and defensive. Juve have a different style, not defensive and not boring :fero:

Juve have a lot of fans, and a lot of real fans too! and Juve is hunderd times better than Barcelona. who the **** are Barcelona? they are crap.
I'd say they are the worst big club in the world. I don't understand why you think they'r playing attacking and interesting football :confused:
I think it's just terrible football.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
They do play attacking football because they have to. They have to out score their opponents since they havent had a half-decent goalie and defence in ages.

Two-three years ago they had like 3 4-4 draws in one season.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by GOAT ] ++
They do play attacking football because they have to. They have to out score their opponents since they havent had a half-decent goalie and defence in ages.

Two-three years ago they had like 3 4-4 draws in one season.
they have to, but they don't. they are boring and don't know how to win and how to play football.

i'm not talking about 3 years ago. but they were crap then too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)