What Instruments Do U Play? (2 Viewers)

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
i play guitar.
and ive got a band,or im trying to make one.
ive composed some stuff.
i dont follow the convential guitar playing methods btw.

i can also play a bit of keyobards.

OP
del pietro

del pietro

Aug 13, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3
    sweet... how long u been playing?
    what kind of stuff do u play?

personally i'm mixed in style.. i like classic rock.. but i learnt classical for about 5 years, so i picked up most of the technique from there.

see ur a guns & roses lover.. me too man!

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by del pietro ] ++
    sweet... how long u been playing?
    what kind of stuff do u play?

personally i'm mixed in style.. i like classic rock.. but i learnt classical for about 5 years, so i picked up most of the technique from there.

see ur a guns & roses lover.. me too man! [/QUOTE

ive been playing for about 2 years,but i only got seriously into playing it a coupla months back.i was into singing before i picked up the guitar seriously.
    the thing is that i had written songs,and i was looking for band members who wud play the instruments for me,but i cudnt seem to find anyone who was genuinley interested,so i had to play the guitar myself.
    im into hard rock.stuff from the 80's.i like classic rock too,but writing hard rock probably comes more naturally to me then classic rock.
    and yes...im a die hard guns n roses fan:D
    i like wearing a black hat everytime i play:D

do u have a band?
    what do u do..covers or originals?

OP
    del pietro

del pietro

Aug 13, 2005
  • Thread Starter #8
    haha sweet bro!

Yeh will i use to do mostly covers, but now im slowly starting to perform more of my own stuff... it could have a good or bad result but its soo nice to express urself through ur own stuff.

Yeh I know what u mean wit writing hard rock... ur style evolves over time and it depends on ur influences/what u listen to. so i kinda mix rock and classical.

Yeh dude u need a trademark wit ur perforances ;)
    Wat other bands u into ??

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    im influenced by the 80's big time.

van halen,bon jovi,def leppard,guns n roses,motley crue,europe,extreme,poison,skidrow etc.the whole glam rock scene in
    general.

i like the 70's too.led zeppelin were one of the first bands that i listened too.and there is queen,kiss,pink floyd,black sabbth,deep purple and the list goes on and on.

i hate the 90's.oasis are about the only 90's band that i love.

what about you?
    do u have a band...any stage experience?

OP
    del pietro

del pietro

Aug 13, 2005
  • Thread Starter #10
    yeh mostly the same dude... expept i'm not into metal. The Darkness is the latest band i was into. U like their stuff?

haha yeh oasis were the best thing from the 90's ;)

na i dont have a 'band' anymore... some friends and i jus jam together sometimes and very rarely go out to perform... so its nothin serious. But yeh ive had a few years experience. i still get nervous everytime.. but once ur out there its jus fvckin awesome.. u forget about everything.. livin in the moment.. haha u know what i mean.. rocking in front of a large crowd is the best feeling. U got any experience?

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by del pietro ] ++
    yeh mostly the same dude... expept i'm not into metal. The Darkness is the latest band i was into. U like their stuff?

haha yeh oasis were the best thing from the 90's ;)

na i dont have a 'band' anymore... some friends and i jus jam together sometimes and very rarely go out to perform... so its nothin serious. But yeh ive had a few years experience. i still get nervous everytime.. but once ur out there its jus fvckin awesome.. u forget about everything.. livin in the moment.. haha u know what i mean.. rocking in front of a large crowd is the best feeling. U got any experience?
    as far as stage experiences is concerned,i have none.
    i havent practiced enough to actually play infront of an audience.i need to polish up my skills before i do.
    and anyway,first i need to complete the band's lineup.i need a guitarist,a bass player and a drummer.so basically,more than half of the lineup is yet to be finalised.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    I'm more of a pick up the instrument and play kind of guy. I play the guitar (only through tabs/ears) so thats marginal. Though I do understand the theory behind the chords/scales and almost always understand what I'm reading in a tab rather then just plucking whatever strings it tells me. I've composed some of my own stuff, but nothing big or formal. I love playing around on keyboards with synths/drum machines and with software sequencers. That shit is just plain fun. Planning on getting a MIDI controller keyboard sometime soon, when I get some cash.

I'd love to play the violin/cello but that's but a dream...

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    i bought a guitar...played it 3 or 4 times...failed miserably....lost patience....put it in the closet and didnt touch it since :D

OP
    del pietro

del pietro

Aug 13, 2005
  • Thread Starter #16
    ++ [ originally posted by Sir Sebastian ] ++
    i bought a guitar...played it 3 or 4 times...failed miserably....lost patience....put it in the closet and didnt touch it since :D
    What kind of guitar?

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    u prefer ibanez or gibson?

and i think sebastain bought those little blue coloured guitars with buttons on them,and u can hear ol mcdonald had a farm when u press one of those buttons:D

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    man..i envy you!!
    ive been after a les paul for so ong.
    or even a sunburst..but i dont have enuff money to get one rite now.
    im not using any branded guitar rite now.im using local made ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)