What happened with Henry? (1 Viewer)

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Henry was sign has a reinforsment for Juventus, in that time Inzagui and DP were injured so Juventus bougth Henry and Esnaider to stregth our fron line, however, Henry somethimes was use has a left wing has you said.
He was sold coz he was unhappy playing as a sub all the time, so he want a bigger role.
I don't know about the money, but when Wenger buy him he was a fordward, has always has been

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I'm not sure about that Espectro. I think Henry played mostly as a left winger with us,and when he moved to Arsenal he then solidified his place as a striker.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Well I remember that Henry played has a fordward with Monaco... and yes, mostly the time that he played for us was in the left wing, however, he was a fordward before Juve got him... but maybe you are rigth and I'm wrong:angel:

Nick

Jul 12, 2002
I am sure for one thing:In arsenal his role is different than that of juventus and it is obvious that he plays better there.Don't forget that at the time he was in juve his coach was ancelotti,while in arsenal he had and has wenger which is different...

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

You've got to be joking, right?
I'm glad he's gone... and when someone says he sucks. They aren't talking about the footballer but the person.

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
he was a winger in both monaco ,juve ,and france (98).
he played sometimes as a forward with monaco.....
Arsne Wenger discoverd him monaco days with trezeguet (when wenger coached monaco)

henry dream team was Arsenal with Wenger since monaco days before coming to juve and when he came he didn't like it here ( it was horrible days when lippi sacked and ancelotti first days i think we finished 7th or 6th that year )
so he went to arsenal for 12 million and wenger played him as stricker and he sucked no body believed in him except wenger in that role 2 seasons later he was EPL top scorer !!

Nick

Jul 12, 2002
We finished 6th in serie A although the problems begun from Lippi,i think and then ancelotti couldn't save the situation.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ahmed ] ++
It was a mistake to sell Henry........... at least he is better than salas and zala:down:
He is better than Salas and Zala now, but he would probably not have become so good rotting on Juve's bench.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Eeeeexactly! I don't get how everyone automatically assumes that staying with Juve he would have progressed as much as he did under the coach from his youth who knew him much better.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Eeeeexactly! I don't get how everyone automatically assumes that staying with Juve he would have progressed as much as he did under the coach from his youth who knew him much better.
Add to that the fact that in Arsenal he gets to go against Premiership defenses, and he was Bergkamp to help him out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)