What do you think of Rijkaard?? (1 Viewer)

Geof

May 14, 2004
I'm a bit with Bisco on this one. I always thought of Rijkaard as an ok coach, who thanks all his successes to an extraordinary team.
But looking to Barça games more and more, and especially the Milan game, I had to change my ideas about him. He is a great coach, no question.
A brilliant man manager, as well as a very good tactician.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Jeeks said:
Barca, Madrid, ManU, Inter, Milan and Roma all stand at the same level with me, right down where I piss.

:rofl: nicely said although i hate all of them except barca i think they r a good team.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
tbh i didnt think much of Rijjkard before last year,especially tactically. Now i think highly of him, he went against the big guns of Europe and the Liga and beat them.

His man management skills r great...he talked about the winning mentality lets see if he can keep that this season. Cuz its very hard to make the players want to win when they already won almost everything.
So this season would be very interesting in regards to Barcelona and rijjakrd.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
sateeh said:
tbh i didnt think much of Rijjkard before last year,especially tactically. Now i think highly of him, he went against the big guns of Europe and the Liga and beat them.

His man management skills r great...he talked about the winning mentality lets see if he can keep that this season. Cuz its very hard to make the players want to win when they already won almost everything.
So this season would be very interesting in regards to Barcelona and rijjakrd.
You can use international spelling and type Rykaard, if it helps.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
sateeh said:
i thought it was spelled with a double J :D. Thanx for the heads up :tup:
lol I don't blame you, Dutch is weird. Here's a lil' pointer:

So:
Cruijff = Cruyff
Sneijder = Sneyder

even Feyenoord used to be spelled Feijenoord until the management changed it in the '70s to suit the club's international aspirations better.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Erik-with-a-k said:
lol I don't blame you, Dutch is weird. Here's a lil' pointer:

So:
Cruijff = Cruyff
Sneijder = Sneyder

even Feyenoord used to be spelled Feijenoord until the management changed it in the '70s to suit the club's international aspirations better.
ahaaa thanx for the info mate
+rep for the effort

Jul 23, 2006
Jeeks said:
Barca, Madrid, ManU, Inter, Milan and Roma all stand at the same level with me, right down where I piss.
aren't u with roma in this year's serie a
btw, del piero is cheering for palermo this year

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Why would I be with Roma, or for the matter, why would I want any team to win the Serie A. A tournament where Juve is not part of is not of my concern.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
i think he's one of the rare breed of great players who turn out to be great managers.ive never seen him play becasue i was too young at the time.he was a conventional sweeper,right?

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
My little sister can run FC Barcelona and still win the Champions league. Isnt so hard when you get given players Frank has at his disposal.

Geof

May 14, 2004
salman said:
i think he's one of the rare breed of great players who turn out to be great managers.ive never seen him play becasue i was too young at the time.he was a conventional sweeper,right?
He started as a DC in Ajax under Leo Benhakker, and was converted to a DM under Sacchi at Milan.
IIRC he played DC when he came back to Ajax, alongside Danny Blind in the 95 CL winning team.

Btw, gotta love the name "Rijkaard". It means somenthing like "Rich man" in a abit of a negative sense.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Gep D'Messiah said:
My little sister can run FC Barcelona and still win the Champions league. Isnt so hard when you get given players Frank has at his disposal.
When Ancelotti made the success he made at Milan, I could have said the same. But then again, I look at a team like Madrid and Inter and see the stars and talents in them and still see the lame performances. I look back at our team last season that was also filled with talent and we managed to play the lamest games.

Ancelotti and Rijkaard may seem not tactically superior but they are definitely great man mangers. They create balance and harmony in the team; something needed when you have so many players they have.

Capello will fail with managing the team Barcelona have.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Jeeks said:
When Ancelotti made the success he made at Milan, I could have said the same. But then again, I look at a team like Madrid and Inter and see the stars and talents in them and still see the lame performances. I look back at our team last season that was also filled with talent and we managed to play the lamest games.

Ancelotti and Rijkaard may seem not tactically superior but they are definitely great man mangers. They create balance and harmony in the team; something needed when you have so many players they have.

Capello will fail with managing the team Barcelona have.[/QUOTE]

If you look in a dictionary under the word capello it'll state the word Negativity. I agree with you but some managers who use this balance and harmony theory ie: Mr Sven Goran Eriksson cant quite cut it. Capello is in the dark ages of football using defence as his weapon. My all time great manager to this day will and still is no other than Mr Arsene Wenger.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Jeeks said:

Capello will fail with managing the team Barcelona have.
:agree: Managers like Ancelotti and Rykaard have actually grown,especially tactically. First two seasons for Rykaard u could read him like an open book.But last season, u could see the improvements in regards to tactics.Same goes to Ancelloti(shame he had to grow here in Juve and fail to win anything:( )

but for me, one of few people here who give Capello credit. I dont think he would fail. Since he took over Madrid i predicted he would have a hard time and he will continue to, but that Barca team is different(They would hate him like hell for the style of play, but they would win)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)