What do you think of Finland? (1 Viewer)

Jussi

May 19, 2003
Ahh,Finland...home sweet home...

What do you think of their national team?

They have developed remarkebly in the last five years but they ain't in EURO 2004 level yet...

Their short passing play is good but they panic too fast.And finishing...oh god what a joke!

Well i want to hear your opinion about Finland's team. (NO,in Finland there's no polar bears and NO we don't walk with fur coats in summer! :wallbang: )

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
They aren't great, sadly. The state of the team is summed up by the fact that Simo Valakari is p;laying for them while sitting on a division one team's bench. You have some players, who on their day are brilliant, the goalie, hyypia, litmanaen are the ones I think of, there are some other solid players but no real quality elsewhere I don't think. Hopefully there are some younguns coming through, Forssel was always promising but doesn't seem to have reached potential yet.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
Hopefully there are some younguns coming through,
Ajax Amsterdam has just (two days ago or so) bought two Finnish youngsters Henrik and Niklas Moisander (they're twin brothers). Now, I don't know these blokes but if the Ajax youth academy decided it was a good deal to buy them than they can't be bad, can they?

Mullarkey

Jun 2, 2003
I agree Finland are a strong side these days certainley no pushovers, sami hyypia, anti niemi and jari litmanen are all excellent playes who imo would get into nearly every international team.

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
i saw the match against Italy, and they had some skill and flair to their game :thumb:

but they're not really a strong team...yet :)

OP

Jussi

May 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    Paolo,well you're partly right.It's sad that there is a place for player like Valakari but if you look back 5 years you would be amazed how much our team has improved.
    We have some great invividuals but as long as we make errors like Totti's goal in the last game there's no hope to get to major tournaments.

Ps.Keep an eye on Paulus Roiha.He playes in Utrecht,Holland/Netherlands.He might be a star player in the future.But Erik,you should know.Is he doing well out there?

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    Paulus Roiha

Position : Forward

Date of birth : 3 August, 1980

Team : Utrecht (Holland)

Nationality : Finland

Notes : Scored ten goals in the 2000 season for HJK to be named the Newcomer of the Year in Finland. Was a success with the Finnish U/21 side scoring three goals in his first three games before being called up to the full international team in 2000. He has impressed in trials with Roda JC Kerkrade and NEC. Scored two goals in the UEFA Cup first round to even the tie with Celtic at 2-2 but HJK lost in extra time. Transferred to Utrecht from HJK Helsinki late in 2001.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Jussi ] ++
    Ps.Keep an eye on Paulus Roiha.He playes in Utrecht,Holland/Netherlands.He might be a star player in the future.But Erik,you should know.Is he doing well out there?
    He's good but so far has not managed to come out of the shadows from Van der Vaart, Van Persie, Robben, etc.

Maybe in time

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
    i will tell something about the man who for finland would have earned to reach higher places in international competitions : jari litmanen, once ajax captain, a great midfielder with amazing skills, who obtained so many trophies with his club sides, but none with his national team :touched:
    maybe you people could explain me why :D
    i know that a player is not enough, but there is pasanen now too, and that youngster forssell, a very promising as i can see
    so ... keep on waiting, jussi :thumb:

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by bahraini ] ++
    i hate NOKIA:fero:

i love SONY ERICSSON:D:devil:
    Wow, do you happen to be Swedish?

Finland has become much better the latest years, but just like Sweden they have the disavantage of not being able to play wintertime. They will always be after the other Scandinavian teams I think.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++

They will always be after the other Scandinavian teams I think.
    Who? Sweden? Finland? or both?

I think Sweden is a very strong side. It's really hard to decide who's the best in Scandinavia :undecide:

And Finland... I haven't seen them play much, but they're progressing. :)

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    I wouldn't say that Sweden is in front of Denmark. I think they're pretty equal. But yes, it is either Sweden or Denmark. No offence to the norweigans.

Oh damn... where's Torkel? I don't wanna start this shit again :D

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    i hate NOKIA:fero:

i love SONY ERICSSON:D:devil:
    NTT docomo is the best, NOKIA, Sony-Ericsson are nowhere near the standards.
    As for second place, the honor has to go to Samsung with their ultra-super design.:cool:

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++

Who? Sweden? Finland? or both?

I think Sweden is a very strong side. It's really hard to decide who's the best in Scandinavia :undecide:

And Finland... I haven't seen them play much, but they're progressing. :)
    i think sweden has the best accomplishments, even if denmark is a very strong side and they have that in a way recent title from 1992 :D and the victory aginst france in 2002 ... and against romania :LOL: , but who can't beat romania ... ?

norway is a strange team ... something is happening with them indeed, but i dunno for sure what :D

tarmpropp, explain :D

bahraini

May 20, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
    NTT docomo is the best, NOKIA, Sony-Ericsson are nowhere near the standards.
    As for second place, the honor has to go to Samsung with their ultra-super design.:cool:
    r u kidding me????

samsung is the worst mobile phone i've ever used..
    maybe as u said good designs, but the worst in Features,
    comparing to SE , Nokia , Motorola , siemnes....

and they are expensive as hell foe nothing..

and if u sau NTT docomo , well , they r in other part of the world
    which u can't find anything similar..
    and i agree they r great...
    :D

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002

r u kidding me????

samsung is the worst mobile phone i've ever used..
    maybe as u said good designs, but the worst in Features,
    comparing to SE , Nokia , Motorola , siemnes....

and they are expensive as hell foe nothing..

and if u sau NTT docomo , well , they r in other part of the world
    which u can't find anything similar..
    and i agree they r great...
    :D
    Come on, Sony-Ericsson is just about the worst looking mobile after Nokia.;). It always amazes me why Nokia tops the world market with such shitty phones.
    And as for Samsung, I agree their features aren't great but they are definetely the nicest phone to look at. And that is all I care about.:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)